Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put a list of the medals on the wiki
isnt it a rule to not discuss medals and shit ?
Talk about medals as much as you want.
Splatpope Wrote:isnt it a rule to not discuss medals and shit ?
That hasn't been a rule since the rule rewrite at the latest.
You guys are horrible. Like, all of you.
The majority of medals do nothing so I don't really see the point in making them public.
The ones that do do something are p. easy to figure out anyway.
I'm probably a jerk for posting this, but there literally is a list of medals somewhere on the byond website, and the players who unlocked them.

Some of the medals even have hints.

It's not even that hard to find with google.

That said medals are something you really shouldn't care about that much. It's more fun to find out you got one on accident.

I think if a wiki page does happen, it should be limited to nonterrible medals only.

Meaning you shouldn't encourage people to get banned to get a medal by posting it on the wiki. Let them find that out when they inevitably do get banned anyway.
I always got the impression that the reason you didn't talk about medals was because some of them give away when someone's doing traitory things, like the one that gives away when someone's been absorbed by a changeling, or the one for c-sabers and shit like that.

If you're not a meta shithead about those things, it shouldn't be a problem, but well. There's a lot of meta shitheads.
anyone can edit the wiki so if you want a page on medals just put it up!!!
If people can handle not being meta jerks about it then I guess linking to

http://www.byond.com/games/Slurm/GoonSt ... ble_medals

Is perfectly fine.

Someone could probably use that as a source for wiki medal listings.
I've been playing since 2009/2010 and I've gotten less than half of those medals.

Why does anyone even care about the medals? It's rare if you ever notice yourself getting a medal so there's no real value in them?

Additionally, medal earning events shouldn't be global. Too many times I've caught a traitor or a changeling because associated medals led me in the right direction to handle the situation.
btek Wrote:Additionally, medal earning events shouldn't be global. Too many times I've caught a traitor or a changeling because associated medals led me in the right direction to handle the situation.

well you see, the solution here is to not be a metagaming prick who uses medal announcements to track down antagonists. it's quite simple really
Of course he shouldn't do that, but it's still a flaw that medals can give away enough information for people to change how they play the game. It does need some changes.
I'm with Conor on that, unfortunately when the brand new guy with the same name as his Byond key asks you to come to maintenance alone with him after becoming a jedi, you're going to remember the medal involuntarily. We are human

Medals should be awarded at the end of the round only
Please note I obviously do not advocate that shit at all, I have happily died because of ignoring the memory of a medal, just a thought
Weavel Wrote:I'm with Conor on that, unfortunately when the brand new guy with the same name as his Byond key asks you to come to maintenance alone with him after becoming a jedi, you're going to remember the medal involuntarily. We are human

Medals should be awarded at the end of the round only

yeah i agree, the thing is that the way he worded it made it seem he goes "oh look, a changeling medal! better go find them."

i mean, it's only natural that after that (or any metagamey info/ic in ooc when that was possible) youre not gonna go along with them. its human nature. theres a difference between that and seeing them and then immediately arresting them or whatevs

but yeah i think this idea is kinda pointless imo? put a list if you want but i dont think it should include how to get them. hints maybe, but outright giveaways ruins any fun you could have with it!