Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anima'd Object Behavior
I'm sure most of you here are familiar with anima, also known as the secret chem that make objects float in the air and start beating people to death. I was on an expedition helping a few folks make the stuff, and the Captain decided to splash it on everything in the immediate vicinity, including his energy gun, which beat him to death in a hilarious display of irony.

This got me thinking. Why would a living energy gun merely beat someone to death when it's, y'know, an energy gun? Why couldn't it have just set itself to laser and then started pulling its own trigger?

Similarly, why not have anima'd handcuffs try to cuff nearby humans? Have anima'd stun batons turn themselves off when not in combat and on when they are? Have anima'd syringes and pills attempt to force their contents into the nearest available victim?

I understand that this might turn out to be a programming nightmare and that anima is already terrifyingly powerful as is. But, the way I see it, anima is the zenith of dangerous chems, it can single-handedly wreck the station, and is as a result an absolute BITCH to make. Adding more danger might tip the scale a bit, but I think it would add an extra bit of effect to its otherworldly horror.
There are NPCs that can pick up and use items, right? Could certain anima items just act like an NPC that has the item it's based on permanently equipped?

Also, the idea of Anima food chasing down someone and forcing them to eat them is hilarious.
just gonna throw my support behind this, for what that's worth. it's an awesome idea.
I want this, but it would be a nightmare to code. Would syringes empty upon use? Energy guns lose power?
Frank_Stein Wrote:There are NPCs that can pick up and use items, right? Could certain anima items just act like an NPC that has the item it's based on permanently equipped?

Also, the idea of Anima food chasing down someone and forcing them to eat them is hilarious.

Would jumpsuits force a person into it?
Natsumehack Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:There are NPCs that can pick up and use items, right? Could certain anima items just act like an NPC that has the item it's based on permanently equipped?

Would jumpsuits force a person into it?

Buy tons of injector belts and fill them with initro or cyanide then make them come to life with amina and watch as they force them selves onto people big grin
robertmanbob Wrote:I want this, but it would be a nightmare to code. Would syringes empty upon use? Energy guns lose power?
I would think so. An empty gun could still try to fire and just make *click* noises. A syringe could maybe try and fill itself back up with blood.
Don't some objects already act like they would when used when anima'd? I swear I've seen anima stun batons constantly stun people and anima flashes flash people.