Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stupid questions thread
What is 1 ZW in terms of watts?

Does SS13 have anything above a ZW?
1 ZW is a zettawatt. Which is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 watts.

The only feasible unit of measurement beyond a zettawatt would be a yottawatt. Either way, it's more power than any one device should be able to generate according to the laws of reality.
Why do chem dispensers have unlimited plasma when plasmastone is near impossible to find now
Amuys Wrote:Why do chem dispensers have unlimited plasma when plasmastone is near impossible to find now

That is liquid plasma not gaseous. You can buy plasmastone from the martian if you need it.
DyssalC Wrote:What is 1 ZW in terms of watts?

Does SS13 have anything above a ZW?

After YW it can't find a higher prefix, though, and it'll go back to showing it as 'watts'.
If I recall correctly the wizard spell that blinds you is something like astigmatism spelled backwards.
What is/was bucklecuffing?
DyssalC Wrote:What is/was bucklecuffing?

Being cuffed and buckled unto a bed or chair. You couldn't remove the cuffs because you were buckled and couldn't unbuckle yourself because you were cuffed.
This might not be a stupid question.

Why is there NO2 in the armory?
DyssalC Wrote:This might not be a stupid question.

For room suppression, e.g. some rude dude is holding MedBay hostage. Fill Medbay with N2O and knock everyone out.

In practice I've never seen N2O used for "legitimate" purposes, and for traitoring most people use CO2 which is less obvious/more effective.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:ICEE BEYEM = I.C.B.M.
GHET AUT = Get out
PHEE CABUE = Peekaboo

BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS SYCAR TYN/NILA?
This still bothers me
Embolism Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:This might not be a stupid question.

For room suppression, e.g. some rude dude is holding MedBay hostage. Fill Medbay with N2O and knock everyone out.

In practice I've never seen N2O used for "legitimate" purposes, and for traitoring most people use CO2 which is less obvious/more effective.

Too many sec use N20 wrong, like letting it off in a hallway is shit. It's uses are kinda niche, for massive area denial in one secure area, like around the sec/bridge area. Let off a canister in when there's a bunch of syndies in the area and whenever someone is downed via taser/shotgun/etc, removing their gas mask immediately knocks them out, giving you an upper-hand (or lower-hand if you get stunned and demasked).
There's a level of danger where N20 might be used, such as the aforementioned syndies or maybe if you're cornered in the armory/brig, and that's why it's in the armory, because only should the eliteberetmen know when to use it. It's fun if used responsibly essentially.
Marquesas Wrote:

Being cuffed and buckled unto a bed or chair. You couldn't remove the cuffs because you were buckled and couldn't unbuckle yourself because you were cuffed.

I've managed to remove the cuffs twice so far.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:ICEE BEYEM = I.C.B.M.
GHET AUT = Get out
PHEE CABUE = Peekaboo

YSTIGG MITAZIM = Astigmatism
BIRUZ BENNAR = Bruce Banner
CLAE MASHON = Claymation
BRICKSHUN MOHTYR = Bricks and mortar
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:

I've managed to remove the cuffs twice so far.

Hence the past tense.