Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stupid questions thread
So this thread is for general questions you might have about the game or the goings on within it. To start out I was wondering which jobs are most and least successful at reaching the escape shuttle. My guess for best would probably be assistants. There's lots of them and they join late. But I could be wrong.
Miners probably have pretty decent survival rates.
Botanists have the highest, no question about it.
Yeah, probably miners. Few people go out of their way to mess with them, and they start with suits and enough tools to survive till the end and bash their way onto the shuttle if need be.
crasscrab Wrote:So this thread is for general questions you might have about the game or the goings on within it. To start out I was wondering which jobs are most and least successful at reaching the escape shuttle. My guess for best would probably be assistants. There's lots of them and they join late. But I could be wrong.
Captain and doctors have the lowest chance of making it to the shuttle.
Captain usually ends up dying, and doctors either go braindead at the start of the round for some reason or die because medbay is a deathtrap hellhole.
Engineers and Miners probably.

I feel like sec does pretty okay but not that well. Unno.
stupid question: how do you use the furnace
stupid question: I still can't figure out the telescience math. Or how to make tank transfer bombs (I always use pipe bombs)
icarus Wrote:stupid question: how do you use the furnace

Click it to turn it on then drag fuel into it (char, plasmastone, wood, weed, monkeys, staff assistants, ect.)

You can drag an entire crate of stuff into it at once to autoload it.

If you are just using one of the random furnaces off station they will start outputting power. If you are using the engine you will need to get plasma running through the loops to carry the heat to the engine.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:stupid question: I still can't figure out the telescience math. Or how to make tank transfer bombs (I always use pipe bombs)

Telescience Math (for those nerds who want to hash it out by hand instead of using a spreadsheet)

First you find a working coordinate, let's say it's 50,50,3. Send a labeled GPS through, check to see what the new result is. Then send it to 51,50,3 and check again. The telescience math is X' = mX + C, or (X the GPS is really at) = (Number determined at roundstart multiplied by) * (X you put into the computer) + (another determined-at-roundstart number)

So if 50,50,3 gave you, say, 107,20,3, and 51,50,3 gave you 110,20,3, it's easily seen that since the new X went up by 3 when you just raised the X you put into the console by 1, that the number X is multiplied by is 3. Now that you know most of the math formula's answers, you can put them in and see what the last part is.

X' = mX + C
110 = (3)(51) + C

3 x 51 is 153, meaning to get to 110, you have to subtract 43, so C is -43. Now you have the X math formula. Do the same for Y, since Y will have its own m and C.

Now if you want to steal, say, the captain's hat which he left somewhere at X=71, plug that into the equation and figure it out:

71 = 3X - 43.
3X = 114
the X you plug into the telesci computer = 38

tl;DR Either commit to doing a few early highschool algebra problems each round with a notepad and calculator or look for one of the websites/spreadsheets that does the math for you if you plug in the numbers you have/numbers you want.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Or how to make tank transfer bombs (I always use pipe bombs)
Let me tell you about BOMBS my friend. They are big old kaboom exploders and I love them. Once I learned how to make them I made it my mission to make the best tank transfers.

So okay, I assume you know how to work the pipes in toxins so I'm just going to deal with the other stuff. Oh and all the pipes are on 5 in the toxins computer. You mix two plasma and one O2 then you heat up that mix and spill it into an empty can. Wait for it to heat up to a proper hotness then you grab one of those plasma tanks from the tank dispenser in toxins storage. Now you stick that plasma tank on the super heated empty can you just filled up and try to get as much of that gas in it as you can. Now you take a pure O2 can and set it on the thing at the top of toxins that sucks out gas and cools down it alot. I forget the damn name but yeah. Keep it on until you get a nice coldness in it and then you take an air tank from the tank dispenser and do the same you did with the plasma tank except in the O2 tank. Now you stick both of those on a tank transfer and then stick your choice of ignition method. I personally like timers. Just set that on it and then click the tank transfer and then the timer and set your time and turn it on. Now chuck it at any unsupecting fools you can(Genetics).

Just mess around with the gasses and temperatures as much as you want and eventually you will be making great boom booms.
ICEE BEYEM = I.C.B.M.
GHET AUT = Get out
PHEE CABUE = Peekaboo

BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS SYCAR TYN/NILA?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:ICEE BEYEM = I.C.B.M.
GHET AUT = Get out
PHEE CABUE = Peekaboo

BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS SYCAR TYN/NILA?

oh god i'm dumb i always thought icee beyem meant ice beam oh god i'm stupid
What the hell is the nuclear self-destruct thing that sometimes blows up two thirds of the station but sometimes doesn't? It keeps randomly popping up in some rounds and I have no idea what the bloody thing is, where it is, what it does, or anything about it.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:What the hell is the nuclear self-destruct thing that sometimes blows up two thirds of the station but sometimes doesn't? It keeps randomly popping up in some rounds and I have no idea what the bloody thing is, where it is, what it does, or anything about it.
there's a nuclear charge that if placed on the station can be activated using the nukeman code on DWAINE terminals. It being a self-destruct is a reference to the old Zeta Station, which was a small mini-station floating around Donut 2 which had all the science stuff on it and could be detonated by the approval of heads.

When it doesn't destroy the station, that's probably someone testing their setup off-station.