Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money/Economy/QM Thread
(note: a bunch of threads have been merged together into this one. don't panic)

[Image: gbgYA.png]

[Image: bbfYC.png]

[Image: fxEiQ.png] Back hatch open.

[Image: RnKcY.gif] [Image: AlNKh.png] Works on any facing, but must be positioned for each.

[Image: 9xQO8.png] An angry red light.

[Image: 9JSju.png] A sample crate. The top right one goes under the north-facing lift.
I approve of this, but why do we need a new crate icon?
Looks like it would be a decent murder tool, but I can't see a use for it in regards to helping the QM do practical things. I mean the mule bot does this already, you just don't have direct control.
kyle2143 Wrote:Looks like it would be a decent murder tool, but I can't see a use for it in regards to helping the QM do practical things. I mean the mule bot does this already, you just don't have direct control.
give it more speed/carrying capacity than the mulebot (I.E. let it carry like 3 crates instead of just one.)

It terms of it being OP, make it only able to actually run someone over if it's emagged.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

Exactly how this works. EXACTLY how.
[Image: VqQyf.png]

[Image: kckzH.png]

Better shading.
enforcer9 Wrote:give it more speed/carrying capacity than the mulebot (I.E. let it carry like 3 crates instead of just one.)

But that makes the mulebot absolutely useless then
Weavel Wrote:
enforcer9 Wrote:give it more speed/carrying capacity than the mulebot (I.E. let it carry like 3 crates instead of just one.)

But that makes the mulebot absolutely useless then
mulebot still does it automatically, if you're lazy than use the MULE
it's not used that much in general so
I support the forklift, but only if it has to be purchased from QM for a lot of money (e.g, most people will use the mulebot as it's free) Also, it should be possible for one crewmen to stand on the other end while someone else drives, that way Captain Hobo King can have one of his peons drive the forklift around while he simply screams at people and enjoys his ride.
And of course, if the driver has ANY alcohol in his system upon driving, the forklift needs to begin handling like a segway. Charging forward till it hits a wall, doing loops instead of turns, and stopping for nothing short of cold, hard steel.
neogeo0823 Wrote:And of course, if the driver has ANY alcohol in his system upon driving, the forklift needs to begin handling like a segway. Charging forward till it hits a wall, doing loops instead of turns, and stopping for nothing short of cold, hard steel.

Also if they have anti-histamines in their system they should periodically fall asleep for 5 seconds at a time every now and then.
I think instead of a new forklift, the qms should have the ability to uncall the supply shuttle if they forgot something or don't want to buy what they ordererd. Alos, an easier way to call multiple items.
The QM has two ways of increasing their budget: nagging the hop for cash, or hoarding metal from the market and selling it back as ore.

Crewmembers have such abysmally low wages that it takes all the money of five persons to buy a single engineering crate. And they will be left with a few bucks for the rest of the round.

What if wages were substantially increased, so that a couple of persons could pool their money a few minutes into the round and reach 1000$, which is what most useful crate cost.

And then the money that is used by the QM to buy supplies was returned to the main station budget every few minutes, so it would become a self-sustaining process.

Wages > purchases at QM > Centcom sends the money to the station budget > HoP puts money in the payroll > wages again.

Money would have practical use, and the QM would work by actually fulfilling people's orders.
Giving the crew more money would be nice, too bad Centcom is cheap enough not to give us a crew worthy of the pay raise.
I'm sure a lot of QM players will hate me for this, but I think we should unify the selling and buying prices into one datum. Currently the market prices for selling materials are all dynamic, but the buying prices are hardcoded into the QM console. This means people can and often do just keep generating tons of money by selling certain crates back ten seconds after they thought them.

This always felt like a dumb exploit to me. It's not a reasonable feature by any means. Ore should not be worth more than metal, and the sell prices shouldn't be higher than the buying prices.

Having the purchase prices be dynamic might make things more interesting too, that'd mean there'd be a couple of things effectively being on sale every shift. Sure, you might not ever buy an experimental generator at 10,000 credits, but if it happens to come up on sale for 5,000 during a market cycle, that might be worth it.

It shouldn't be too hard to set up, just need to to through the QM code and make all the purchase prices reference the market, with a multiplier of like 25% markup.

Wages could use some upping too.

RE: generating money:

1) I'm going to look into tying vending machines into the QM budget. afaik right now, credits spent on a vending machine just vanish. They oughta go into the shipping budget instead. I have a bunch of things planned to make more worthwhile stuff available in vending machines, and it'll help to cut down on station clutter a bit. There are a lot of things that just sit around in big heaps on tables or racks Just In Case, and some of these could be vended instead. One of the other big things I'll get around to eventually is converting a lot of the wiki job guides into in-game books, they'll spawn for free in job locations but you'll be able to buy them for way too much money in vending machines too.

2) I think we should bring back a variant of the old research tier rewards. Tiered research was dumb as hell, but maybe we could make something like research reports to sell to centcom for a reward. I'm thinking something like an automatic experiment log for artifact research and the soon-to-come gas sensor logging for toxins. Run an experiment, print the results, no matter what happened, send that to centcom for like 5-10 grand a piece added to the station budget. It'd need some sort of spam limiter or a check to make sure you actually did SOMETHING, but it could be a nice way to make research benefit other folks again.