Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue AIs and You
I remember one time as a rogue AI somebody made me kill all the crew via modding my laws, but he failed to include himself, so while he was standing still in the blue airlock thing (that extends/retracts each round) I retracted it while he was standing in the middle, dooming him to die of space/lack of oxygen.

then later that round I took your advice and locked the robotics's door and used my shell to begin beating the robotics personnel to death, oddly enough 100 crowbar hits to the head did not seem to kill him... Man SS13 is unrealistic.

After they broke into my AI core I killed one with a lethal turret in one hit before the others managed to kill me. After I died I showed them the kill all crew law so they knew I wasn't griefing.
TheBloodMaster Wrote:I remember one time as a rogue AI somebody made me kill all the crew via modding my laws, but he failed to include himself, so while he was standing still in the blue airlock thing (that extends/retracts each round) I retracted it while he was standing in the middle, dooming him to die of space/lack of oxygen.

then later that round I took your advice and locked the robotics's door and used my shell to begin beating the robotics personnel to death, oddly enough 100 crowbar hits to the head did not seem to kill him... Man SS13 is unrealistic.

After they broke into my AI core I killed one with a lethal turret in one hit before the others managed to kill me. After I died I showed them the kill all crew law so they knew I wasn't griefing.
Rule #1 of a rogue AI/borg: Save the roboticists for last. They are your friends, and will continue to build borgs to avoid becoming a target themselves.
Also, I think the AI shell can't actually hurt people.
DyssalC Wrote:
TheBloodMaster Wrote:I remember one time as a rogue AI somebody made me kill all the crew via modding my laws, but he failed to include himself, so while he was standing still in the blue airlock thing (that extends/retracts each round) I retracted it while he was standing in the middle, dooming him to die of space/lack of oxygen.

Rule #1 of a rogue AI/borg: Save the roboticists for last. They are your friends, and will continue to build borgs to avoid becoming a target themselves.
Also, I think the AI shell can't actually hurt people.

I've had the AI shell one shot me with a crowbar straight into crit.
More a tip for subverting the AI, but if you want to spend a little extra time and effort, you can grab the spare upload board and disassemble the upload computer to grab the first one, then steal the AI itself and bring it to somewhere secluded. This leaves any would be do-gooders with no way to reset or kill the AI. Unfortunately when I pulled it off last round, no one ever got close to the AI upload chamber to check it out.
TheBloodMaster Wrote:After I died I showed them the kill all crew law so they knew I wasn't griefing.

After the round, right? Yeah, that's a good idea if it doesn't actually show up at the end. I hate when I get reset JUST before the end of the round, making it look like I didn't have any rogue laws at all the whole time if I was actually doing a good job of being vague and cagey about it. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of adminhelps have been spawned from that kind of situation.
Crumplehat Wrote:
TheBloodMaster Wrote:After I died I showed them the kill all crew law so they knew I wasn't griefing.

After the round, right? Yeah, that's a good idea if it doesn't actually show up at the end. I hate when I get reset JUST before the end of the round, making it look like I didn't have any rogue laws at all the whole time if I was actually doing a good job of being vague and cagey about it. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of adminhelps have been spawned from that kind of situation.

Both, I showed not only right after the round to avoid the banhammer but right after I died as well, because I knew for a fact a few admins died (one of them actually died in space :3)
TheBloodMaster Wrote:Both, I showed not only right after the round to avoid the banhammer but right after I died as well, because I knew for a fact a few admins died (one of them actually died in space :3)

Admins have the ability to check the logs for the round, thus if somebody ahelped during the round and you did get reset they could still go back and see if a law was changed rather than just rely on what the current laws are, so you don't really have to worry all too much about that.
Though it might make some angry ghosts a bit more at ease if you tell them that you were subverted rather than just rude.