Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Virology it's own Job
The Virology area needs it's own job specific to Virology, similarly to Geneticists having their own job.

Long justification short, it's a pain in the ass for everyone with Medbay access (an access that is literally handed out like candy) can run into your nice clean Virology lab, unsort all of your CD's, scuff up the carpet, and run back out infected with the superdeath virus that you were experimenting on and destroy the station while you can't do shit to stop them short of welding the fucking door closed and hoping that that'll be enough to keep them out.

So please. Limit Virology to only the MD and Virologists, and keep the pubbies out.
I would LOVE to have virology as its own job ONCE it is completed but more importantly i have 3 very important questions

How are you even making death viruses when pathogens are not in the lab yet (When i last checked)

What CD's are you talking about....Do You mean Viro notes?

Finaly viro doesn't have a carpet....the is un-sanitart
pizzatiger Wrote:I would LOVE to have virology as its own job ONCE it is completed but more importantly i have 3 very important questions

How are you even making death viruses when pathogens are not in the lab yet (When i last checked)

What CD's are you talking about....Do You mean Viro notes?

Finaly viro doesn't have a carpet....the is un-sanitart

Viruses can be made if the admins help you, which they usually will because testing.

And the CD and carpet thing was a joke about the person in viro making a mess. Ha ha.
AFAIK there's no plan to have pathology back as an official job, path2 is meant for medical doctors. Also good lord, why is it taking up so much of medbay?
Sizewise or playerbase?

I suppose it could be smaller but you would probably need to half the number of stuff in pathology, since you have like two microscopes, two cleaning doohickeys and two inpatient rooms.

Playerbase because it's new and nerds want to be the next curer of space ebola.

Pathology should probably keep at least one inpatient room, since science says mixing diseased people with non diseased people is a terrible idea.
Cogwerks Wrote:AFAIK there's no plan to have pathology back as an official job, path2 is meant for medical doctors. Also good lord, why is it taking up so much of medbay?
All it does is stick out of the bottom of the station, so nbd.

Also if you really want to get people to fuck off, just screwdriver the door. Most people are too dumb to know how to fix that.
We don't need another specific division after we gave chemists the axe and rolled all that stuff into science.
If some medbay nerd wants to be a pathologist they can ask for a fancy ID from HOP and promptly be farted on.

Real science is off the cuff and no holds barrel, not fancy positions.
hell no, medical doctor is the most boring job on the station right now, let them do virology.