Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABC-U + APC
Hey guys, I'm proposing that compatibility of the ABC-U be extended to APC's and their power terminals so that they are functional when trying to make a new room out in space. Currently I can only get an ABC-U to replicate a power terminal with the APC half the time, unfortunately they don't seem to be functional... I went as far as wiring them through a solar panel controller that was generating plenty of power, wiring it with active current, the APC reported no external power in all tests...

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a work in progress, but it would be great!
Or maybe even allowing device analyzer and the fabrication unit to produce functional APC's and power terminals... that would be even better!
if i remember correctly APCs have to be coded into the map on server startup and are actually magic and that's why you can't move or create them.
Pretty sure rooms out in space are magically powered anyway.
Yeah, APCs are the most powerful device in the station. They're the only things able to suppress the natural power level of space.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:if i remember correctly APCs have to be coded into the map on server startup and are actually magic and that's why you can't move or create them.

I figured as much that it was likely a limitation, still though it would be nice, as far as rooms being magically powered... the last time I tried that my terminal wouldn't turn on, maybe it's changed since then. confused I know I tried to put light tubes on the exterior of the diner before the map update and they didn't work either. frown
I wonder, would it be possible to funnel energy out of space into the station?
devices deployed anywhere not on station generally runs on magic (space, telesci locations, etc)

In terms of funneling it back to the station, I suppose you could charge a cell off station and then use it to power an APC?