Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make silly joke chems easier to make
Seriously look at all the fucking shit you need for itching powder and LSD and krokodil. Not worth the trouble, at all. It's literally easier to make deadly chems than it is annoying ones, with the result that the annoying ones never get made.
Okay, im going to give my two cents bluntly.

I presume these chems are complex to keep them from being run into the ground hard. What do you think is more fun? Making someone scratch them selves to death then have their skeleton melt off, or just injecting them with poison and then they die immediately?

Honestly I say keep the complexity, simplicity in gimmicky fun items is what runs them into the ground like a certain red botany item.
so, nah. Keep the complexity.
Lavastage Wrote:Okay, im going to give my two cents bluntly.
like a certain red botany item.

I almost never see peple make either red botany item, which is a shame because it's the only interesting thing you can do in botany.
Are you kidding? Itching powder and LSD are piss easy to make (hint, hint) and krokodil isn't terribly difficult to scrape together either.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
like a certain red botany item.

I almost never see people make either red botany item, which is a shame because it's the only interesting thing you can do in botany.
Trust me, I remember when they were made every round and caused hell.

also why the hell did my message become huge? I meant it to be tiny.
Isn't LSD just space fungus and some other thing.

I think the hardest thing about LSD is that scientists don't get access to maintenance, which means you have to break into sec maint to make a flamethrower for fun crap, and you have to look around everywhere for space fungus for LSD or carpet. I suppose scientists not having access to maintenance is a probably a good thing, but since when is the same station that gave the barman a chem dispenser worried about crew safety.
Krokodil is reasonable but holy fuck getting your hands on large quantities of space fungus in a timely manner is annoying.

Not to mention you have to wander some of the sketchiest parts of the station in order to get, very well making your quest to make itching powder lead to an untimely death at the hands of a surprised ling.
DyssalC Wrote:Krokodil is reasonable but holy fuck getting your hands on large quantities of space fungus in a timely manner is annoying.

Not to mention you have to wander some of the sketchiest parts of the station in order to get, very well making your quest to make itching powder lead to an untimely death at the hands of a surprised ling.

No risk no reward.

But yeah if it were easy it would be done nonstop and it'd be obnoxious as hell. I vote nay.
Pay a staff assistant to get you fungus

It's not like they have anything better to do
Botany is fun. I can do stuff like make life foam, sell dangerous toxins to random people, mass produce omega weed, brew large amounts of dragon's breath, mail synth butts/limbs/organs to every department. Chemistry and chef is always happy when I mail stuff to them.
Traitor botanist is also pretty fun. Just get your arm replaced with a red chainsaw, take the chameleon projector, and wear a jack o lantern. Or you can just be boring and barricade up in botany with a bunch of maneaters and mail tomato bombs to every department.
skeleton melt off
Holy fuck that's horrifying.
Better idea: make more joke chems so chances are almost everyone will figure one of them out randomly and there will be more variety.

One of them should be flubber, splash it on your shoes to make them act like moon shoes or give you the leaping power

Another possibility could be pig-latinium.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Better idea: make more joke chems so chances are almost everyone will figure one of them out randomly and there will be more variety.

One of them should be flubber, splash it on your shoes to make them act like moon shoes or give you the leaping power

Another possibility could be pig-latinium.

Shouldn't applying too much flubber cause to start bouncing around uncontrollably and take brute damage until you take the shoes off.

Image the fun of traitors doing a flubber shoe gimmick like that.
Confettium

make confetti smoke and spread it everywhere, turn toxins bomb supplies into party supplies by hooking up some smoke powder and a beaker full of confettium.

Use with the scientist fog machine traitor item to make a impromptu confetti cannon.

Paper + Colorful Reagent + other things
atomic1fire Wrote:Use with the scientist fog machine traitor item to make a impromptu confetti cannon.

Maybe you already know this but just in case you don't the fog machine no longer exists