Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard bug
Not even sure if this is a bug or not, but just now when i got carried away by soulguard someone teleported to the shuttle with my scroll and choked me to death.

If other people are actually supposed to be able to use the scrolls, then why do we have soulguard in the first place?
You need robes and all to read the scroll, and usually the crew will each take a piece of a wizard's clothes and run the hell away, leaving no-one to do it, but it happens.

It's not a bug. Just an annoying thing to do.
Since the Staff of Cthulhu magically knows whether or not its user is a wizard or not, it might not be impossible to mark the scroll as wizard only as well. But, that said, shuttle invasions are pretty lame and many (though not all) admins seem to agree with this, so if this ever happens you should probably adminhelp it. It's probably nothing more than a warning for the person who did it, but hopefully it wouldn't happen next time.
I think if a wizard lets himself get stripped the consequences are on his head.
Counterpoint: If it's a Wizard round, there's almost always only one wizard, and his success/death makes the round, so giving him a touch more leeway in escaping and preparing a fresh assault seems like it would make the rounds more involved/better.