Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Science
Has anyone made any headway into this stuff? The analyzer doesn't give the same results that all the documentation lists, and so far I've combined a lot of stuff without coming across any special alloy. High stat reinforced windows seem to break as easily as normal ones until you pop a few plumes of silicate on them.

A bunch of stuff seems to have changed recently with infusions also. They don't seem to actually inject anymore. Though putting welding fuel on stuff still makes it flare if it is ignited.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:Has anyone made any headway into this stuff? The analyzer doesn't give the same results that all the documentation lists, and so far I've combined a lot of stuff without coming across any special alloy. High stat reinforced windows seem to break as easily as normal ones until you pop a few plumes of silicate on them.

A bunch of stuff seems to have changed recently with infusions also. They don't seem to actually inject anymore. Though putting welding fuel on stuff still makes it flare if it is ignited.

I made a bunch of notes on the properties of different materials and some infusion effects once.

Then things changed.
It may be best to wait until the smelter is more fine tuned to create any sort of documentation on smelter science.
For now, just keep combineing random shit with meth and have fun with the results.
hatmadder Wrote:For now, just keep combineing random shit with meth and have fun with the results.

If by meth you mean welding fuel then I agree.

I like fire slightly less than nanomachines, but only slightly.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
hatmadder Wrote:For now, just keep combineing random shit with meth and have fun with the results.

Plasma stone windows infused with welding fuel all day erry day.
DyssalC Wrote:
Ikkonoishi Wrote:

Plasma stone windows infused with welding fuel all day erry day.
Oh yeah. My last traitor round ended with the floors in the escape airlocks being reinforced welding fuel infused telecrystal-plasmastone-bohrum. I threw an emagged fire bot in for good measure though it just got stuck in a corner, and did nothing.

My last words were "Goodbye crew! I always loved you! But I loved fire more!"

It turned out beautifully.
[Image: lN9b0VS.png]

The plasma had so much pressure in it that it flooded the escape shuttle, but it didn't ignite before the shuttle left.
Does metal infused with wielding fuel still work as amateur C4 when you throw a welder on it?
It doesn't seem to break anything, but the fire does go through walls.
I still find telecrystal floor tiles to be extremely amusing to lay down in random areas.