Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The monkey business on SS13
They should always be the clown's friend (because circus and stuff).
If you put a horn in a monkey hand make it honk it every five seconds.
Monkeys with personalitys with the ablity to piss eachother off and attack people (Tantrum spiral) and the want to press every fucking button they see.....HMMMM

Monkey fortress 13
pizzatiger Wrote:Monkeys with personalitys with the ablity to piss eachother off and attack people (Tantrum spiral) and the want to press every fucking button they see.....HMMMM

Monkey fortress 13

I could see tratiors using them for gimmicks.
If monkies get personality and more interaction, I would play as genetics/scientist more.
It's like SA2 all over again
If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with a Dwaine console would they eventually achieve contact with the AI? crossarms
Crumplehat Wrote:If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with a Dwaine console would they eventually achieve contact with the AI? crossarms

You should be able to play a typewriter(If one was ever added) on the floor near monkeys and have them randomly print out famous works of fiction
pizzatiger Wrote:
Crumplehat Wrote:If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with a Dwaine console would they eventually achieve contact with the AI? crossarms

You should be able to play a typewriter(If one was ever added) on the floor near monkeys and have them randomly print out famous works of fiction

Or have them type out fourm posts.
monkeys should periodically fart. i would also suggest piss but they wear diapers

make an assistant change monkey diapers
Monkey AI is still a planned thing, I was hoping it'd go into cogmap1 at launch but it got hella delayed. Maybe I'll try to tackle it myself soon.
I'd recommend against making monkeys get angry without a player pissing them off, otherwise people are going to complain and the whole thing will get shitcanned like a certain other gameplay mechanic.
Ideally I'd want to have horrible monkey behaviors come from certain drugs, harming a monkey near other monkeys would be a Bad Idea (like how bees react to violence around them), and idle monkeys would just mess with things nearby occasionally. Adapt some of the NPC Assistant code into them. Fogging up the monkeydome with bath salts would also ideally cause some bad times for someone.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:I'd recommend against making monkeys get angry without a player pissing them off, otherwise people are going to complain and the whole thing will get shitcanned like a certain other gameplay mechanic.
I'm so-so on this. I agree that a monkey shouldn't default be angry at a player, but I do think they should be capable of getting upset from stimuli not dependent on player interaction. For instance, if one monkey out of boredom were to toss something at another monkey, that monkey should get upset at that monkey. If a player were to give food to one monkey and not the other, it should get upset at both that player and that monkey.

Not that the monkey being upset would necessarily mean it would become violent. It could just become more irritable and make more noise/refuse to cooperate with the player until it's appeased.

While we're on the topic, do you think it would be feasible to include training into monkey AI? As in, you could use conditioning though positive and negative reinforcement to train a monkey to accomplish a task? Mechanics could build a Skinner box of sorts with components, eventually training monkeys to operate machinery.
Speaking of which, the monkey pen could be expanded upon and given some additional monkey-related items. Right now it's just half a Valuchimp's worth of potential mutation subjects/biomatter standing around.

Also I just realized the terrifying potential of monkey AI when placed in the hands of the geneticists and their supermutant monkeys.
Roomba Wrote:Speaking of which, the monkey pen could be expanded upon and given some additional monkey-related items. Right now it's just half a Valuchimp's worth of potential mutation subjects/biomatter standing around.

Also I just realized the terrifying potential of monkey AI when placed in the hands of the geneticists and their supermutant monkeys.

That is why I wanted chemistry and genetics to share a monkey pen on cogmap 2. So we could have massive monkey fights between genetically engineered super monkeys and drugged out tweaking monkeys.