Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job suggestion: Captains Butler
Hello! I would like to make a job suggestion involving a butler. Since the Captain likes drinking so much it would make sense for him to have his own personal butler. He could possibly have his own quarters. The butler is there to serve the Captain and tend to his needs. He is like a glorified assistant and bartender all in one.

His uniform would involve a black overcoat, white button down shirt with black bow tie, black trousers, dress shoes, and white gloves. I am not quite sure what his access level should be but I would imagine it would be quiet limited. His quarters could involve his own bed, a mini bar to serve drinks with, and a locker with possibly alternative uniform clothing.

Not sure how hard it is to code in a tray to serve drinks on and carry around in one hand. This is something I could possibly see as maybe job of the day if it is not accepted as a daily job. There is really nothing more I can add since that is basically it.

Thanks for your time reading my suggestion. I look forward to the replies. smile
Clue in space
All I can imagine is traitor butlers turning into secret assassin bodyguards for the Captain.
Having a uniform and gear available to purchase would be fine enough. The drink tray could be handled like how donut boxes are.
Would the butler to everywhere in the kitchen EXCEPT for the freazer? If not i will not support this
Quote:The drink tray could be handled like how donut boxes are.

That is actually quiet and interesting idea. That would work in my opinion.

Quote:Would the butler to everywhere in the kitchen EXCEPT for the freezer? If not i will not support this

Yeah, I mean access that would make sense. Would be funny if he didn’t have access to the freezer.
What access do you guys think he should have that would make sense?
Bridge, His Quarters, Bar, Bar Room< Freezer. Would be nice if he was the defacto leader of the supply sector.
I always thought it would be cool but kinda OP if captain had a personal bodyguard.

A butler would be funnier though.

As a horrible captain my first duty would be to command my butler to drink hobowine and eat floor pills to make sure they are safe to eat and drink.
The Butler should start off mindslaved to the Captain.
Why would anyone want to play as this?
I would do it at least once for novelty.

Access would probably be Chef + barman and bridge.

I would assume people would love the chance to get captain ridiculously fat, also to be captain's unofficial bodyguard and chauffeur for pods.

Yo butler, I need a crate of weed, lots of booze, and at least 5 monster burgers, I want you to make me fat.

Also if butler has a traitor item it should be a fancy cane sword.
I can't see this job ever getting played tbh
I'd play as one. It'd be funny to play as a loyal beyond reason, right hand man. The SS13 version of Elder Scrolls adoring fan. But the fancy suit and serving trays in a costume box would be fine.
YJHGHTFH Wrote:I can't see this job ever getting played tbh
I'd play it quite frequently.

Being the captain's designated personal assistant seems really fun.

There's just something about being somebodies wingman that's so alluring.
DyssalC Wrote:
YJHGHTFH Wrote:I can't see this job ever getting played tbh
I'd play it quite frequently.

Being the captain's designated personal assistant seems really fun.

There's just something about being somebodies wingman that's so alluring.

That and the HoP's eternal grudge flaring up further due to the captain's lackey.