Grayshift's Mentor App
Usual Character Name: Grace Schiff / CHORUS
BYOND key: Grayshift
Recommended by: Spy Guy
Times available: Disgustingly often, less so in the early mornings and evenings.

Reason for application & experience: Some guys laughed at me for not being a mentor, some other guys told me to, and I look good in purple. In truth, helping people to not be so shit and maybe influence them toward being semi-competent farty spacemen is its own reward. The more fun players around, the better the game gets. I was clued into the game's existence by Razage's LP on the SA forums. It's coming up on a year since I first started playing, though the majority of that time I've had random name on. I'm no old-timer who can recall stations other than Cogmap, but I've acquired a solid understanding for most aspects of the game. I'm most at home with chem nerdery and can abuse telescience as well as anybody, as well as knowing the ins and outs of the debris field and most telescience areas. I'm at home with making a low-effort engine rage, can do the telecrystal flip at QM, or get drunk off my ass as captain. I know doctoring like the back of my hand, can make beautiful borgs, and am passable if far from optimal as a genetic research, though working the cloner is piss easy. I don't exactly have a green thumb for botany just yet but I know the mechanics of it. Most of all, I know that :s is robotics speak.

There are a couple shaky areas in my knowledge. Bomb-making has never much interested me so I'm no expert when it comes to canister or tank-transfer bombs. I can hook a pressure sensor to a graviton accelerator but the regex/signal mechanics components are a baffle. Loaf science gives me the willies. I don't think I've done any mining since the magnet got installed, either.

I also maintain a public spoiler document when I can be assed.

Previous bans: I ate 3.5 days a while ago for being an idiot with chemistry, and I think way way back near when I started playing I got a dayban for disconnecting as AI.
You're a pretty good person from what I remember, I'd absolutely vouch for Mentor
I normally don't vouch for people on this anymore because I haven't been in-game and it's a bit preachy of me to do so if I haven't actually seen the player, but your public spoiler and the information you gathered on it alone is enough to convince me you have what it takes to be a mentor.
Yes. I've seen you be a cool person in game and the fact that you made that entire list is amazing.
Yeesh, another one of y'all I coulda sworn were already a mentor. Heck yes!
all of my yesses for this one
Very yes.

Knowledgeable and fun person.
Yes, mostly due to that spoiler spreadsheet- that's amazing
Yar, Grace is cool and knowledgeable and all that stuff.

Would look good in plurple
Pretty helpful, fairly knowledgeable.

I say yes.
Grace is cool as heck and definitely gets my vote.
Yes, definitely, yes.
Congrats, accepted!