Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimme Yo Feedback
AlphabetJones Wrote:keas are nice birds
Oh yeah some guy complained about the RD losing hydroponics access when his medbay credentials got revoked? (The MD's laughing it up bigtime now. Him and that damn bat... that damn adorable bat.)

Aren't botanists civvies under HoP purview or something, though? IDK how the damn command structure works.
Fox McCloud Wrote:I have an idea, courtesy of Bay.

Health analyzers can scan and will register certain chemicals, particularly positive medical chems (charcoal, pentetic, omnizine, silver sulfa, mutadone, saline-glucose, etc). These will show up on the scanner.

Anything else that's not medical? It would just say "unknown substance detected in subject". It lets the doc know "hey, he has something in him, but I'm going to have to do some further looking to find out what."

Perhaps at that point, they could take a blood sample and run it through some kind of machine to get a better analysis?
Grayshift Wrote:Aren't botanists civvies under HoP purview or something, though? IDK how the damn command structure works.

Yep

[Image: d80ed79beb]
Frank_Stein Wrote:Perhaps at that point, they could take a blood sample and run it through some kind of machine to get a better analysis?
Yes... a machine called.... A BEAKER!!!

if you draw blood from someone and stick it into a beaker you can see the chems they had inside them
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:Perhaps at that point, they could take a blood sample and run it through some kind of machine to get a better analysis?
Yes... a machine called.... A BEAKER!!!

if you draw blood from someone and stick it into a beaker you can see the chems they had inside them

I'm always amused by spacemen drawing someone's blood, then looking at it to find out what's ailing them / another spaceman.
Space blood, space beakers, space drugs, ect...
can you move the enterance to the detectives office to the jazz lounge?That way detective can use the jazz lounge has his lobby and becoming a private detective
In the brig visiting area the northern security door has a rwall behind it and is impassable.
pizzatiger Wrote:can you move the enterance to the detectives office to the jazz lounge?That way detective can use the jazz lounge has his lobby and becoming a private detective
I'll look into this.

Walrus Wrote:In the brig visiting area the northern security door has a rwall behind it and is impassable.
Oops. This should be fixed after next build.
Haine Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:can you move the enterance to the detectives office to the jazz lounge?That way detective can use the jazz lounge has his lobby and becoming a private detective
I'll look into this.

Walrus Wrote:In the brig visiting area the northern security door has a rwall behind it and is impassable.
Oops. This should be fixed after next build.

Also some kind of Neon sign would be cool
Bring back the interrogation room *scream
yeah I kinda miss the interogation room, it had a "security knows what it's doing" thing going for it whenever it was used.

That said an awful sec officer with time and inventiveness could turn the room behind brig into a interogation room, complete with torture because you could add in a false wall to suck out any air.

Note that it would be a terrible idea.
I've never seen the interrogation room used for anything, and any actual interrogating is done in the main office.
I don't think it needs to come back.
I don't like the fact the Detectives has been moved from security.

I understand that the Detective isn't "security".

But all the same he is still always helping out security, and with his thermals / actually usefulness (atleast when I play as him) being in Security, where I can refill my ammunition, interrogate people and simply just BE SAFE is a big plus.

When I saw that the Detectives had been moved on the Changelog I actually thought, that's cool! I wonder where It's been moved to! Deeper into security ? Near the Bridge and HOP? Maybe near medbay and their fancy new waiting room?

Nope, It's been moved the far reaches of disposals, a dark damp hallway with little to know friendly traffic.

The Detectives new office is also easy as pie to break into, all you need is minimal access to get into the maintenance below, and a simple UN-reinforced wall is all that stops you from being inside.

The new prisoner "visiting area" Is also a little dumb, the maintenance access from the East into Security has been removed due to it and breaking into the brig now is as easy as grabbing a fire extinguisher welder and wrench now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a huge fan of playing as Detective, and honestly having my office which I always enjoyed sitting in, feeling safe going through security records being moved to where any unimportant, clowns office would be moved to is really shitty.

I Really appreciate the fact you're putting effort in for the Detectives job, but this time I don't think It's worked out for the best.

The fact HOS applications have a "what is bad about the Security layout" part I think sums up Security right now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't want my first ever post on the forums to be a negative one.

So I'll also mention the fact that what has been done to medbay recently has been really good, the atmosphere and look of the new area is ballin'
and the buttons to open up the doors were a great addition.