Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimme Yo Feedback
i'm all for an equip hotkey but overriding one of the most useful hotkeys for it makes me a sad spaceman

TheDarkFlame Wrote:Someone on IRC said Shift already toggles throw.

X is more convenient for me, Shift requires you to hold it down, whereas you can just tap X and off you go
What about Z? Do we need Z?
Ahh, I've got an idea. Gunna change equip to V. It's still within the WASD area but not used. That work for you guys?
I ask, as I go ahead and commit it anyway. IMPATIENCE
Haine Wrote:I ask, as I go ahead and commit it anyway. IMPATIENCE

was actually gonna suggest to bind it to V, I'm happy with this
Haine Wrote:Ahh, I've got an idea. Gunna change equip to V. It's still within the WASD area but not used. That work for you guys?

V seems like a good key, easy to hit it on the fly, like say when you're trying to put on an ID you just stole from an angry guy while running from said angry guy or a space suit while you're being flung into space by the same angry guy.

Haine Wrote:I ask, as I go ahead and commit it anyway. IMPATIENCE

Actually I take it back it's a terrible awful idea and should go in the bad ideas sub-section.
DyssalC Wrote:Actually I take it back it's a terrible awful idea and should go in the bad ideas sub-section.
fuck I ruined everything again shit
Aight, cyberhearts are now in. I tested them as best I could, but there's only so much I can do as one person on an otherwise empty server. Give 'em a try, lemme know how they work out.
keas are nice birds
money joints should have a unique sprite
So far, so good.

I have some concern over the balance of health analyzers having a built in reagent scanners...that said, at the same time, too, there's a number of very very overpowered chemicals right now (notably amanitin, which has zero counters once in someone's bloodstream), and experienced players still have a general idea of what the person is poisoned with, anyway.

Just my two cents, it's probably fine though!
Iamgoofball Wrote:money joints should have a unique sprite
yeah it probably should

Fox McCloud Wrote:So far, so good.

I have some concern over the balance of health analyzers having a built in reagent scanners...that said, at the same time, too, there's a number of very very overpowered chemicals right now (notably amanitin, which has zero counters once in someone's bloodstream), and experienced players still have a general idea of what the person is poisoned with, anyway.

this's been brought up to me before, and the solution I've been thinking of is having the reagent scan function be an upgrade you can install rather than default on all the analyzers
Haine Wrote:
Fox McCloud Wrote:So far, so good.

this's been brought up to me before, and the solution I've been thinking of is having the reagent scan function be an upgrade you can install rather than default on all the analyzers

I would say that if that's done, you should re-add the health analyzers ability to tell the amount of each chemical in you, rather than just what chemicals are in you.
DyssalC Wrote:I would say that if that's done, you should re-add the health analyzers ability to tell the amount of each chemical in you, rather than just what chemicals are in you.
that's the plan, yeah. seems kinda silly otherwise.
I have an idea, courtesy of Bay.

Health analyzers can scan and will register certain chemicals, particularly positive medical chems (charcoal, pentetic, omnizine, silver sulfa, mutadone, saline-glucose, etc). These will show up on the scanner.

Anything else that's not medical? It would just say "unknown substance detected in subject". It lets the doc know "hey, he has something in him, but I'm going to have to do some further looking to find out what."