Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimme Yo Feedback
Eh yeah. I usually rename my ID to Private Dick or something to that comedic effect. I think we should rename the title.
Why not rename it to investigator.

Detective is still a part of security so he's not really private unless he feels like it.
I highly doubt this is the correct thread to complain.

But I dislike the re-disabling of OOC during rounds.
I actually liked chatting with other people during game instead of sitting in IRC....

Its just minor complain and I am just stating my opinion thats all. I wont cry over it.
I wasn't the cause of OOC being enabled or re-disabled, but I suppose I can pass that opinion along.

Unfortunately it caused a ton, a toooon of problems for the admins. We tried to keep up with it with an ooc ban system and allowing mentors to mute ooc during rounds, but it was really more trouble than it was worth.
So, I'm not advocating a return for OOC during rounds, because I don't care either way.

But what if OOC had it's own tab like powers and commands do. Might let people ignore it more easily without muting it all together?
The problem there is that it doesn't get rid of the main issue with OOC during the round - IC in OOC and other abuses of it like that, rather than it being hard to ignore.
I don't know if OOC will ever comeback, but it seems to me most players won't use it during the round unless an admin has specifically enabled it.

They've gotten used to the lack of OOC, and the fact that you aren't really required to maintain a lot of roleplay (barring no outside communication) and having OOC enabled during the round isn't really that important.

Also the paper masks and capes are pretty neat, although not being able to conceal your identity for super heroing is kinda lame, but then again if your superhero costume requires you wear a paper mask, it's probably not all that great to begin with.

Also it's kinda weird with capes being an armor, and not a backpack thing.
Can we talk about the fabricators vs. the crafting table?

I liked it when each department had a fabricator for making their gear.

I've hardly used the crafting tables since they've replaced them, and the interface is a bit clumsier. They're still a work in progress though, right?
Frank_Stein Wrote:Can we talk about the fabricators vs. the crafting table?

I liked it when each department had a fabricator for making their gear.

I've hardly used the crafting tables since they've replaced them, and the interface is a bit clumsier. They're still a work in progress though, right?
Pretty sure Haine isn't the one working on it
Whoops. My mistake.
atomic1fire Wrote:Also the paper masks and capes are pretty neat, although not being able to conceal your identity for super heroing is kinda lame, but then again if your superhero costume requires you wear a paper mask, it's probably not all that great to begin with.

Also it's kinda weird with capes being an armor, and not a backpack thing.
The identity thing should have been fixed a while back.

The capes thing, that's just because of how I made them work. They're technically bedsheets with a different sprite set (same as cutting holes into bedsheets), so they go to the same equip slot.
I want to say the generic chainsaw's become a lot scarier now with bleeding
Oi Haine, Suggestion that would be cool

Cape + heavy armor = caped armor. Just overlay the cape sprite onto the armor sprite probably.
Sunglasses now dim your screen

I actually suffer from pretty bad eye sight, and wearing sunglasses now means I have to almost squint at my screen.

It hurts after a while, and I think sunglasses are so generic now they don't need to alter the HUD for the user.

They're almost an everyday item.
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:Sunglasses now dim your screen

I actually suffer from pretty bad eye sight, and wearing sunglasses now means I have to almost squint at my screen.

It hurts after a while, and I think sunglasses are so generic now they don't need to alter the HUD for the user.

They're almost an everyday item.

This is the same for me, and seeing how I play security almost all the time now this has been a pretty hefty annoyance. As with him my eyes start to hurt after a bit.