Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for sprites: Themed worlds!
Hey,

In light of the adventure building tool I'm continuously developing I'd like to ask you sprite people to sprite themed worlds. Things I'm looking for in a themed world:
  • Walls. Both tiling walls and 9-direction walls work with the tool.
  • Floors.
  • Doors.
  • Pressure pads, buttons, computers (or panels, or magical voodoo stuff which might have an interface).
  • Themed critters.

Obviously, I'll take partials, so feel free to post if you only have sprites for some of these.
All good submissions will be added to the tool, and will probably appear from time to time in an admin-created adventure!
Could you explain a little further what actually this is?

I've done some swamp sprites, I could expand on that a little with the new perspective/better sprites, etc.
I did some haunted themed sprites, I could do that too.
I've also done some desert/western/arabic sprites that you could find use for.

Also, if anybody wishes to collab with me, I'd also be down with that. 2-3 heads better than one. I know there are other good spriters here.
It's a rather streamlined mapping tool as an extension to build mode, which allows you to relatively quickly (~30-35 minutes) make adventure areas with complexity comparable to that of the actually existing ones. My main issue is that most gadgets (buttons, pads, etc.) only exist in a single, ancient theme (mainly cherry picked from lava moon) at the moment, so someone building one of these will find that it's impossible to make it look nice if it's not an ancient structure, so basically the aim of this request is to be able to extend this particular thing with more of that stuff.

I'll certainly be mining your swamp thread for this stuff.
Alot of my swamp sprites is a bit.. dated. Alot of stuff didn't have any continuity and so stuff contrasted against each other too much, hence why I said i'll be updating them. The mobs, however are good to use.

Here's some sprites for a crashed, over-run ship.
[Image: EcQEvMS.png]
The above is an example, you can obviously make it as big as you like.
[Image: N4jpPaf.png]
[Image: E2Kg3Et.png]
[Image: glIVi8V.png]
[Image: i5tPO17.png]
[Image: 7Owt2JE.png]
[Image: 6UdnCdM.png]
[Image: u1tuyq0.png]
[Image: 1jIbJK2.png]
[Image: U00cJ9M.png]
[Image: 09sTUpj.png]
Updated computer
[Image: BiUIRRD.gif]

[Image: ZmO1Q9N.png]
[Image: Cr9hY5M.png]
[Image: vyq6Fus.png]
[Image: ttXmg6V.png]
[Image: Oh7baJ2.png]
[Image: 8Iqbh3w.png]
[Image: 4eDsg94.png]
[Image: fau1GOi.png]
Done an assload of wizard sprites, yet to complete, such as the walls and stuff. Feedback appreciated. Alot of the shit is influenced by chrono trigger, mainly the Palace of Zeal. I like the idea of the wizard federation being kind of zealot, worshipping and manipulating technology that they can just about fathom.
Oh and just in-case an admin is reading this: I require the martian mob sprites for color reference, front, back, left/right side, and ground. TIA.
Floor
[Image: fixzN4z.png]
Door [Opening sprite WIP]
[Image: XEfFo5p.png]
North wall [Other dimensions WIP]
[Image: kLSttS7.png]
North wall ends/pillars
[Image: SV1QSCe.png]
[Image: gz5H1n5.png]
Carpet
[Image: iqk0RNl.png]
[Image: dWuZ6gY.png]
[Image: xc1hZV1.png]
[Image: 3exjubV.png]
[Image: iz7ayn2.png]
[Image: wMH5gT5.png]
[Image: Zyt0CH2.png]
[Image: RIonQSw.png]
[Image: BMlTM8e.png]
Potted Plant
[Image: bkxCta9.png]
Candle holder
[Image: 1m0sbuy.png]
Wizard "Computer" Off/On
[Image: tt77svZ.png]
[Image: V11qQ7d.png]
Wizard Drone Neutral/Targeting
[Image: 31wuQNm.gif]
[Image: nVLy0K3.gif]
[Image: Ofpfx8Z.png]
[Image: NXeTFDL.png]
[Image: xZ4XU1y.png]
[Image: YT16vVk.png]
[Image: OmuoMbD.png]
Sundance Wrote:Oh and just in-case an admin is reading this: I require the martian mob sprites for color reference, front, back, left/right side, and ground. TIA.
you can just rip them yourself it's not hard
Sundance Wrote:Alot of the shit is influenced by chrono trigger, mainly the Palace of Zeal.

ssssorry not sorry but i'm gonna have to call you out here. you didn't sprite a lot of these, they were directly ripped from the zeal palace map. don't claim you're "influenced" by someone else's artwork when you're straight up ripping it.
YJHGHTFH Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Oh and just in-case an admin is reading this: I require the martian mob sprites for color reference, front, back, left/right side, and ground. TIA.

Nope. Martian mob sprites are not in-game. You're thinking of martian critter sprites, which are similar, but not the same. I'm really not asking for much, I put alot of effort into this and i'm literally just asking for mob dimensions.

AffableGiraffe Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Alot of the shit is influenced by chrono trigger, mainly the Palace of Zeal.

ssssorry not sorry but i'm gonna have to call you out here. you didn't sprite a lot of these, they were directly ripped from the zeal palace map. don't claim you're "influenced" by someone else's artwork when you're straight up ripping it.

There were no sprites "straight" up ripped. I did rip two sprites, but I had to resprite them to fit in with the game theme.
This is one sprite ripped, but I recommend actually saving it to look at it in a picture viewer. You will notice that there is
A) Less colors. I had to convert the pot and flowers to .png/8 color had to overlay the original resprite it so it looks good without being lossy. The resprite was all done by hand.
B) The color for the plant leaf is completely different. I used the color scheme from botany to recolor the plant.

This is the other sprite that was ripped but it's not ripped at all. Again this has less colors. Using the same method, I converted it to a .png/8 color file, and had to over-lay and resprite the entire thing.
So those two sprites are not original but they're not directly ripped like you're assuming they are. Everything else is completely original. If you wish, I can send you the .psd files of all the work I had to do. Hell I can upload a screenshot of the .psd file if you don't have photoshop.

Furthermore, I don't like your attitude, affable. Don't come onto a sprite thread that's asking for help for sprites, contribute absolutely nothing, and kick up shit about how i'm some sort of grand-sprite thief, when i'm not. It's bitchy and completely juvenile.
Sundance Wrote:
YJHGHTFH Wrote:

Nope. Martian mob sprites are not in-game. You're thinking of martian critter sprites, which are similar, but not the same. I'm really not asking for much, I put alot of effort into this and i'm literally just asking for mob dimensions.

AffableGiraffe Wrote:

There were no sprites "straight" up ripped. I did rip two sprites, but I had to resprite them to fit in with the game theme.
This is one sprite ripped, but I recommend actually saving it to look at it in a picture viewer. You will notice that there is
A) Less colors. I had to convert the pot and flowers to .png/8 color had to overlay the original resprite it so it looks good without being lossy. The resprite was all done by hand.
B) The color for the plant leaf is completely different. I used the color scheme from botany to recolor the plant.

This is the other sprite that was ripped but it's not ripped at all. Again this has less colors. Using the same method, I converted it to a .png/8 color file, and had to over-lay and resprite the entire thing.
So those two sprites are not original but they're not directly ripped like you're assuming they are. Everything else is completely original. If you wish, I can send you the .psd files of all the work I had to do. Hell I can upload a screenshot of the .psd file if you don't have photoshop.

Furthermore, I don't like your attitude, affable. Don't come onto a sprite thread that's asking for help for sprites, contribute absolutely nothing, and kick up shit about how i'm some sort of grand-sprite thief, when i'm not. It's bitchy and completely juvenile.
sorry i think recolouring sprites from a another game is still ripping
Quote:sorry i think recolouring sprites from a another game is still ripping
Did you even read my post? I said I ripped 2 sprites, but it wasn't a simple cut and copy. It required some serious effort to make it look good in-game.
Same goes to you YJHGHTFH, you are also a competent spriter, why don't you contribute to the thread, instead of complaining?
Saying "a lot of these" are ripped is kinda misleading, there is only 2 in a bunch and they are both easily replaceable with stuff that is already there.
I am a dabbler/decent spriter, I might try making a some when I decide on a theme (I think I will go catacombs with lots of skulls, have not seen a place quite like taht on adventure yet)

The big question is: what happens when cog2.0 is live? Will all walls need the new perspective as well?
Some sprites in ss13 are from other games and such, admittedly, but those are being replaced as people get to them. I think I'm speaking the coding team's overall feelings when I say, we don't wanna add more sprites that're ripped from other games, heavily edited or not. The effort is appreciated, Sundance, but try to avoid doing stuff like that in the future, especially the part where you didn't initially mention there were edited sprites in the bunch you were submitting.
I don't particularly like being called out for shit and made out to be some sort of phoney spriter or slacker when in truth the above wizard sprites took me 3.5 hours to do, especially by those who have contributed nothing.

That said haine I understand your position. I will resprite the floor and pot tile using the same style and color, but the finished product will look a whole lot different.
Holy fuck, you guys made a big deal out of something really small. Its not like he didn't say it was inspired or out right deny it. Also, not gonna contribute because I'm a terribad spriter, just felt like posting about how he is "straight up ripping" sprites.
YJH had absolutely no reason to join the argument.