Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Touch an artefact with cyborg arm replacement = Silicontouch
That is, if you had your arm chopped off and replaced with a cyborg arm, touching an artefact with that arm should count as a Silicon-Touch trigger to potentially activate the artefact. It won't know the difference.
Totally agree, it's a silicon touching it, so it should count as a silicon-touch.
As someone who does a lot of artefact research, agreed. It also means roboticists will receive more requests from scientists for arm replacement.
Yes, As there usually in no Cyborg/AI on destiny, This would be really useful
Or you can just hit them with a damn cyborg arm it shouldn't be that hard
(01-25-2017, 10:27 PM)poland spring Wrote: Or you can just hit them with a damn cyborg arm it shouldn't be that hard
The original idea sounds complicated, but this could be added with literally 2 lines of code. 4 if you are ambitious.

But testing it in-game would be a fucking hassle. 'silicon-touch'-artifacts don't exactly appear out of nowhere. Well, ok, they do, but the odds of just finding specifically a 'silicon-touch'-artifact is rather low.
I can make the code, if other people here can test it.

The code being made, stay tuned.
(01-26-2017, 11:19 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I can make the code, if other people here can test it.

why couldn't you test it?????????????????
Time. I will test if it compiles within 3 hours. I cannot magic up an artifact for specific testing of the stimulus, cause I don't know how to do that.
Now, I need to go and get dressed.

Code compiles, but it does not function. Stay tuned.
Right, I've made the code, it compiles, and it seems to work, BUT

Every time you hit the artifact with the robo-part, it also gives a 'X beats the Y with the Z'. See patch notes for more info.
Please visit the Patch post to try it for yourself, and leave a reply about how well it is working.
Link to Patch-Post:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8040
I always assumed the Silicon Touch had more to do with interacting with an artificial form of life, rather than the more literal "touched by something robotic". If you're going with the latter interpretation and swinging robot arms at the art, then why wouldn't the artlab machines also trigger it? They're not any more or less alive than a lone arm.

I can see robo arm on human working by virtue of it being part of a living creature, rather than just a very expensive hammer.