Grizzwold's Mentor App
Usual Character Name: Mr. Grizzwold/Amazing Thinking Machine

BYOND Username: Grizzwold

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A, Someone suggested I apply like a month ago but I forgot who it was.

Times Available: Varies, but usually after ~2PM EST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I tend to play on servers that aren't #4, which tend to be fairly low population. A lot of the time when I'm on there are no mentors on those servers until evening, and I usually try to answer people's questions anyway if they ask. I figure why not apply and see if I can make it official.

As for game experience, I haven't been playing as long as a lot of folks around here, only having started late last year. However, I play fairly frequently and think I've caught on pretty quick. I'm often the AI, and I think I've gotten fairly good at it though it is a bit dull on low pop rounds. If I'm a human, you can often find me in the medical wing patching up injured spacemans or building robits. I am a decent enough doctor and I can build (and break) borgs well enough. I don't particularly care for genetics research, but I can do it well enough and actually use the cloner when somebody brings in a body (seriously how is mastermind that engrossing?). I know how to set up the engine either for a hellburn that fucks up the entire escape area or just for basic low effort stuff. I also have a fairly good grasp of how to fix bits of the station when they inevitably explode, and can use electronics to build spares of important equipment. I never bothered learning how to use most of the components in there, though. I'm less adept in research, knowing only enough DWAINE to do artlab and get the buddies up and running. Similarly, I have a decent grasp of basic chem, but I don't know any of the super secret recipes and generally don't bother to figure them out. I can find out the telesci offsets, but I don't know the true coordinates for most of the interesting stuff. Sometimes I play sec, but I try so hard not to be shit that I usually end up fucking up and getting murdered. Botany I am fairly clueless on, I can grow weed and mutate shit but mostly I just muddle around. Recently I've been doing bar stuff a lot, which is both entertaining when someone chugs everything at the bar, but also leaves me with a lot of free time once the drinks are out and nobody decides to stop by.

Overall there are a few gaps in my knowledge, but I feel that I have the basics for almost all areas and enough advanced stuff in some bits that I should be able to help when people have questions. If I don't know, hopefully I can at least point them in the right direction.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you'll at least consider making me a purple nerd, and if not I can always come back in a couple months.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Don't think so.
Grizzwold Wrote:Recommended by (if applicable): N/A, Someone suggested I apply like a month ago but I forgot who it was.

I know I definitely told you to apply at some point.

Anyways, Grizzwold is a cool guy who knows his shit and likes to help out dumb people. He'd make a good mentor.
Oh, you aren't a mentor? Yes, definitely yes from me.
You're always a consistently amazing AI when I see you on.

Y
Helpful and knowledgeable.

Yes from me.
I don't remember seeing you around as Mr. Grizzwold, but whenever I see Amazing Thinking Machine as AI, I know it's a good one. Yes from me.
Accepted, congrats!