Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Obsidian Crown disable all healing
shadowdimentio Wrote:Out of my severely underwhelming repertoire of experience with the crown, I don't think it actually reduces stun times from slipping, only from tasers/shotguns and such, which makes sense because literally bulletproof.

If the crown actually DOES reduce stun times across the fucking board, INCLUDING from slipping/door electrification, I vote that the stun reduction in all areas that aren't bullet/melee induced be completely removed for the sake of balancing.

Hell, maybe ALL the crown's stun resistances could be moved over to the rune armor so that it'd be slightly less shit, and giving people more of a reason to wear both at once besides bragging rights.

Splitting the difference between the armor and the crown sounds like a pretty good idea actually. You might technically be able to survive but it's not damn likely. It's important for there to be an element of risk to it.
I've always hated when traitors get in possession of that shitty crown, it's always been shit. It's simply not fun to get beat up by a guy you can't fight back against.
Klayboxx Wrote:I've always hated when traitors get in possession of that shitty crown, it's always been shit. It's simply not fun to get beat up by a guy you can't fight back against.

The crown is conspicuous as fuck, though.

I mean, think of it like this: What's easier to find, the guy with the impossible-to-hide hat, or the guy running around with a sleepypen giving people heart attacks with initro?

Difficult to kill or not, putting on the crown and getting declared valid is a death sentence if only because you can't hide, and what security lacks in competence, they make up for it in perseverance.
The only thing that can really hurt people with the crown is toxin damage, and only if it's applied without going into their bloodstream.
Berrik Wrote:The only thing that can really hurt people with the crown is toxin damage, and only if it's applied without going into their bloodstream.

How about space lube?
Nope. SLipping and falling is a stun and you can get up instantly with the crown on. Same with segway collisions, bananna peels, wet floors, ice floors, etc.
Lubeslips damage, though. Put enough of them together and you could probably bop them a good one. Plus you could push them onto lube when they try to heal.
Archenteron Wrote:Lubeslips damage, though. Put enough of them together and you could probably bop them a good one. Plus you could push them onto lube when they try to heal.

Lube is bad now. I don't exactly know what they did to change it, but it's not a very effective murder tool anymore, hence no one using it to murder anymore.
Lubeslips do not damage a crown wearer.
If there's one thing the cloaked taught us, it's that having someone running around 99% invincible except for one specific so-called "hard counter" (that doesn't actually counter the thing but just lets you fight the owner on semi-even terms) is shitty and miserable. Removing the crown's chem immunity completely is unlikely to help much, since the wielder will then be able to use healing chems.
Paineframe Wrote:If there's one thing the cloaked taught us, it's that having someone running around 99% invincible except for one specific so-called "hard counter" (that doesn't actually counter the thing but just lets you fight the owner on semi-even terms) is shitty and miserable. Removing the crown's chem immunity completely is unlikely to help much, since the wielder will then be able to use healing chems.

I agree with this form of thinking, but there are major difference between the hard counter of the cloak and the proposed chemical prone crown wearer is that just because you can see a player, doesn't mean you can robust him. You're just now on equal terms, only it's not that equal as nobody else can see the cloaker bar you.
If you have chemicals (whether it be in a flame-thrower, beaker, spray or a tranq gun) then you're a little bit more than equal if you manage to get the chems on them, because the player is not only visible, but the big black lovecraftian crown is basically saying "TARGET THIS GUY"

So yeah, in short there is a difference.
I'm fairly certain that spraying crown wearers with hellfire chems will set them on fire, and I'm also fairly certain that they are vulnerable to fluorosulfuric acid sprayers.
What if you teleported the crown-asshole into the crusher with the hand teleporter?
Hello, this is your resident literally hitler and I've made up my mind about this, I'm not in favour of replacing a time-limited traitor item with a stronger, easier to get, free object. Feel free to continue to direct your hate at me.