Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation#4 12:35AM 17 DEC 2012 - (Gorilla - wonk edit)
Admin name: Admininistrator (unknown)
Server: Goonstation #4
Date/Time: 12:35AM 17 DEC 2012
Synopsis: A non-traitor accidentally respawned as a traitor due to a bug, and the Admin told everyone what happened over centcomm. I adminhelped that I didn't think this was a fair thing do, and so said admin made everyone on the station a traitor with the objective to kill me. At least, this is my understanding on the matter as I see it. Talking with other people on the server, they say that they had been turned into traitors some time before that. I feel harrassed, and I don't think that was a legitimate use of admin power.
Log:

Code:
Galactic Command Update

Hello some of you may be wondering how the fuck Stoner Boner came back from being meat. Well our theory is that he got the rare respawn bug and re-entered the game and welp he got late roll traitor.

Code:
HELP:  You: That's really not cool, he had a way to get out of it. I would have loved to see him get out with that excuse
Admin PM from-Administrator: Uh, it actually really 'is cool' considering he was fairly killed the first time
Admin PM from-Administrator: So it's not 'really not cool' at all now is it
Reply PM to-Administrator: I don't see what you're saying
Admin PM from-Administrator: Of course you don't

Code:
Avery Martin (played by Nehby) was a traitor!
Objective #1: Assassinate Don Geon, the Detective. Success
Objective #2: Escape on the shuttle alive. Failed
The traitor has failed!
Redbeard Rum (played by Divine Soldier) was a traitor!
Objective #1: Assassinate Fulov Sherry, the Scientist. Success
Objective #2: Escape on the shuttle alive. Success
The traitor was successful!
Chip Nehling (played by Fin91) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
GorillaMyDreams (character destroyed) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Francis Fleming (played by Airesore) was a traitor!
Tim Simmons (played by Kestrel_6) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Boris Yrujni (played by Robsnow) was a traitor!
Gerlon Two-Fingers (played by YJHGHTFH) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Skyy Deckers (played by Lessthnthree) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Cherry Wheeler (played by CatfishKing) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Landon Fiscina (played by SwtSug3742) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Bill Rizer (played by Micon_Tulee) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Stephen Andrews (played by StephenV25) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Fulov Sherry (played by Winged_Chiller) was a traitor!
The traitor has failed!
Pardon my assumptions; That would be 12:35AM Pacific Standard Time
Given the fact that the first time he died was fairly, and his coming back was due to a bug, he was in no way entitled to keep playing. My advice was to gib him outright so that the players who worked to kill him wouldn't feel cheated by the fact that he got to come back and resume murdering based on a bug.

I also suspect you have no sense of humor.
Wonkmin Wrote:This is why stealth mode is awful.

Own up, admins. Who was it?

edit: It was Gorilla. Looks like it's time for stealth mode to be restricted.
Why does stealth mode even hide the admin's username? I understand why you might want people to think there aren't any admins online when there actually are, but what's the point of hiding their username when they PM people?
Dauntasa Wrote:
Wonkmin Wrote:This is why stealth mode is awful.

Own up, admins. Who was it?

edit: It was Gorilla. Looks like it's time for stealth mode to be restricted.
Why does stealth mode even hide the admin's username? I understand why you might want people to think there aren't any admins online when there actually are, but what's the point of hiding their username when they PM people?

We actually just discussed this and decided to make it like that. Stealth mode is helpful for catching griefers who check for admins before blowing something up but there's no advantage to anonymous admin PMs.
Huh. I would've just let the respawned traitorguy just have his fun I guess. Seems excessive to call everyone down on him. Calling everyone down on someone for calling you out on it is really bizarre though.
Wait, so he made a complaint about someone getting fairly killed, and then having the luck to respawn and then roll late join so in all fairness I decided to help out him. He died fairly the first time too by the other traitor, cut up into meat by a syndicate chainsaw. Technically he was supposed to be dead after the first time, and you think calling him out is really unfair after he got arrested and whatnot for murder and the like a second time?

Alot of people were wondering how the hell he came back from the dead and thought that he might have been cheating; maybe I could have waited until the end of the round but really, he died fairly the first time to a rival traitor so honestly I don't feel in the wrong to have announced how he came back to life exactly.

Furthermore, the rival traitor was killed by the second coming of the first guy and gibbed, made unrevivable, Ursula do you really think that's fair to him?
i think its legit to call out someone who was turned into meat and got back into the game via a bug, not really a big deal either way imo. siccing half the crew on a random guy for disagreeing is p. lame though

stealth mode really serves no purpose at all, any dedicated griefer can just check the byond hub players list for hidden players/known admins anyway (afaik maybe it's hidden there too but i dont think so), and everyone who's played enough to be doing things that require an adminwho beforehand knows about stealth mode/adminhelp going to irc.

also i'd like to repost that having a big red YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM _____ BY _____ BECAUSE ____ message would be a Good Thing
The point I'm complaining about isn't that we had a disagreement. I said I didn't understand, and that was three end of that. The admin gets the last say in matters of discretion. the complaint I'm trying to make is that he took our disagreement as justification for going out of his way to harass me.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The point I'm complaining about isn't that we had a disagreement. I said I didn't understand, and that was three end of that. The admin gets the last say in matters of discretion. the complaint I'm trying to make is that he took our disagreement as justification for going out of his way to harass me.
Honestly, while it might seem dickish, having everybody else be a traitor out for your blood gave you perfect justification for a "self-defence" rampage, so instead using that opportunity to complain is pretty boring.
Dauntasa Wrote:Honestly, while it might seem dickish, having everybody else be a traitor out for your blood gave you perfect justification for a "self-defence" rampage, so instead using that opportunity to complain is pretty boring.

It's pretty hard to go on a self-defence rampage, even if there is such a thing, when the people that are attacking you have sabers and bombs and an arsenal of other weaponry. There is no self-defense, you are screwed lolololerlerlslzollin'

That being said, I was the one that admin-helped it in the first place, as I was a traitor botanist, and I gibbed the chef with my chainsaw after him attacking me with the butcher's knife, in which he promptly respawned as a chef which raised alarmbells in my mind because I thought he was double-accounting, but when he respawned as a traitor chef I was just balls to the wall confused. I don't feel mad that my dead body was gibbed by him, more mad that the rest of security felt the need to murder the traitor outright because the beady eye of the HoS wasn't watching them.
Can't say much about you being on everyone's hitlist, apart from what's already been said.
A traitor respawn for me would of been nice
If you are complaining about admins harassing you then you should either get used to it, or don't play this game. As there is always going to be a round when an admin decides to let whomever made an actually funny fart joke become Randy Savage with two Red Chainsaws. Oh, and if you are acting like Badolf Shitler expect to be really harassed.
"Why bother complaining" isn't very helpful input for the complaints forum.
I think it was perfectly reasonable for Gorilla to do this. The guy had his chance and by some miracle of modern coding, got a second one when he shouldn't have. It would be unfair to the whole server to ignore it (the guy gets two lives as a traitor?), and it was unfair to the one guy to call him out and set the server on him.

IMHO, this was the lesser of the two evils (needs of the many, etc). Gorilla just wanted to make some fun and some people didn't like it; that happens once in a while. If someone asked me what I would do it would be similar to what Gorilla did.
h3half Wrote:I think it was perfectly reasonable for Gorilla to do this. The guy had his chance and by some miracle of modern coding, got a second one when he shouldn't have. It would be unfair to the whole server to ignore it (the guy gets two lives as a traitor?), and it was unfair to the one guy to call him out and set the server on him.

IMHO, this was the lesser of the two evils (needs of the many, etc). Gorilla just wanted to make some fun and some people didn't like it; that happens once in a while. If someone asked me what I would do it would be similar to what Gorilla did.

The dude isn't complaining about that part, he's complaining that he got singled out afterwards for no reason, just for disagreeing.