Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow borgs to climb down ladders
This has always bothered me on my telescience adventures that borgs are not able to do this.
Or even just let them JUMP down the latter. Borgs can fall into the ice moon chasm, after all!
Only if the borg has legs though. Treads are big! They probably can't fit down the ladder holes.
Read through the Feature sub forum in the bug forum, borgs not being able to use ladders is a feature.
Borgs ain't got hands, yo. How you gunna climb down a ladder with little flipper things or whatever it is that borgs have?
You ain't. You ain't gunna do that.
EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN HOLD THINGS WHEN YOU HAVE CYBORG ARMS

ARGH
BlakeJohnson Wrote:EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN HOLD THINGS WHEN YOU HAVE CYBORG ARMS

ARGH
I dunno like magnets or something
maybe glue
BlakeJohnson Wrote:EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN HOLD THINGS WHEN YOU HAVE CYBORG ARMS

ARGH

A VALID POINT, I SHALL FIX THIS OVERSIGHT AT ONCE.

No, not really, but you do raise a valid point. I might take a night to think about cyborg arms getting different effects and lose opposable thumbs.
But borgs can't hold anything. Their arms are just extended tools. Which is why they can't pick up anything.
That point doesn't really hold water due to the fact that they can drag people, but w/e.

But I agree that they should be able to climb down ladders. Just for easiness sake.
Losing the ability to hold shit when you have a borg arm would be shit though
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Losing the ability to hold shit when you have a borg arm would be shit though

Eh, I mean in a time of limb shortage you have to make do. A change like this would probably give more incentive to ask/coerce/force the botanists to grow synthlimbs instead of weed.

In any case, I must concur that it's a sane limitation that borgs cannot climb down ladders. You can get a borg on the other side of it.
I'm pretty sure you can get a human partner to pick up the borg frame and just reassemble the borg on the other side of the ladder. Haven't tried it though.
Aesculus Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can get a human partner to pick up the borg frame and just reassemble the borg on the other side of the ladder. Haven't tried it though.

You can
It's funny that this thread came up A WEEK after they implemented something that, among other things, is a workaround to this problem.
Just allow borgs to fall down ladders and lose two limbs