Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Created Cyberpunk Pills
Tonight, I was an RD, and as such, decided to make some magic potions for the crew to consume and enjoy. Since the batch I whipped up was in an artefact beaker and I had too much to conveniently carry in bottles, I turned my 300-400ish units of potion into conveniently dissolvable 10 unit pills. The first 10 pills were normal and contained exactly what I put in them. The next 6ish had the description of ??? Pills and contained a ??? random chemical assortment on top of the original chemicals. As I typed this, I pulled more pills out of the bottle to check them, and the next few appear to have Anti-Toxin Pill descriptions, but do NOT contain charcoal or anything else besides the original drugs. I pull some more, and they're back to being drugs+???drugs. Then I get one with the description of... spaceacillin? But it has no spaceacillin in it. But each one with the designer drug description has that random combination of designer drugs in it.

Making huge pillbottles of pills seems to do interesting things...
In the same round, someone made a giant pile of spacedrugs pills and some of them had the same effect. Apparently if you make more than 10+ pills at a time, they start becoming/adding other kinds of pills on top of the base ingredient(s)
Archenteron Wrote:In the same round, someone made a giant pile of spacedrugs pills and some of them had the same effect. Apparently if you make more than 10+ pills at a time, they start becoming/adding other kinds of pills on top of the base ingredient(s)
This actually in theory could be a significant issue, I sure as hell know you can definitely circumnavigate traitor telecrystals and actually bothering to learn chemistry in lieu of refining ??? pills into purely there hell reagents, so an infinite source of hell-reagents (or drugs) naturally can lead to some... negative... outcomes...
I've had what seems like a similar bug happen to me. A pill bottle the other day made to contain 10 units of other chemicals seemed to randomly spawn 20 units of salicylic acid from nowhere when I dissolved it in a beaker. I didn't check the pill beforehand but it may have spawned in there somehow if stuff like what you describe is happening.
Pill bottles have been bugged for basically forever. Sometimes they work and sometimes they turn into completely random other kinds of pills. One round it seems impossible to replicate, the other round every pill you create ends up turning into charcoal and you waste all your chems.
Roomba Wrote:Pill bottles have been bugged for basically forever. Sometimes they work and sometimes they turn into completely random other kinds of pills. One round it seems impossible to replicate, the other round every pill you create ends up turning into charcoal and you waste all your chems.
I have checked this bug out. It shouldn't happen. There's literally nothing that'd allow it to happen and yet it does.

I've propped up a box with a stick and a string, figuratively speaking. If this happens, please adminhelp it.
My best guess is that it has something to do with the pill bottles themselves; specifically, the threshold when the bottle description changes from "there are X pills inside" to "there are countless pills inside" at about 16. In code speak, it feels like a switch statement with a missing break somewhere.

A known bug but frustrating to replicate.

Worth noting in regards to pill bottles: you can mix and match pills in them, they'll come out in a FIFO fashion, so the data for the individual pills has to be stored somewhere. Something is touching it.
Grayshift Wrote:Worth noting in regards to pill bottles: you can mix and match pills in them, they'll come out in a FIFO fashion, so the data for the individual pills has to be stored somewhere. Something is touching it.

The problem is something fails to touch them. I've looked at it and however you slice it, it can't happen. It should be impossible.
Magicmountain looked at it, couldn't find anything and he's brilliant.

I just want to know that it actually happens any more, which is why I want adminhelps or IRC pings whenever it happens. Then I'm going to start working on a solution, until then, not much to do because there is, as far as I can see, not a problem any more.
So basically the fact that this is happening is a side affect of the fact that there is no reason byond and space station 13 should even function, and I assume short of a massive chemistry overhaul you can't fix this.
Sam Guivene Wrote:So basically the fact that this is happening is a side affect of the fact that there is no reason byond and space station 13 should even function, and I assume short of a massive chemistry overhaul you can't fix this.
Short of someone telling me it is actually still a problem in game I can't fix this.

I need data.
This is still a problem in game. Had it happen to me today. 20u of salcylic appeared, replacing 3u of something in a slurrypoison pill. Interestingly, I didn't make pills en masse, instead making five bottles of two 50u pills each, then transferring all of them into the same pill bottle. I didn't check each pill before I put them in, though, so I don't know if it's a thing before or after the transfer.
Forgot to ahelp but it happened last round. Every 5 unit pill bottle of anything I made resulted in 5 units of that stuff + 50 units of charcoal in every pill.
Roomba Wrote:Forgot to ahelp but it happened last round. Every 5 unit pill bottle of anything I made resulted in 5 units of that stuff + 50 units of charcoal in every pill.
:suicide:
Spy_Guy Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:Forgot to ahelp but it happened last round. Every 5 unit pill bottle of anything I made resulted in 5 units of that stuff + 50 units of charcoal in every pill.
IT LIVES get in not go out
Archenteron Wrote:
Spy_Guy Wrote:
IT LIVES get in not go out
Breaking News Developing... It. Is. Fucking. DEAD. Breaking News Developing...