Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SS13 Ultimate Challenges
Brought this up in a topic that mysteriously vanished, but I think it'd be Fun to encourage amazing feats of spacemanship by potentially offering recipes and secrets as a reward for such feats of derring-do (and don't). The examples I came up with were making a sandwich out of every Solarium key, and convincing the crew to give you ALL their money.

What other challenges do you think would be both fun to be a part of and to accomplish, yet be about as difficult as figuring out the recipes?
Solo the Solarium. I'm going to do it some day, and it will be glorious.
I challenge anyone to make it to Centcom by means other than the escape shuttle. I obsessed over this in my early days playing here...

On Donut station there was a prison-VR station that you could hop into and use a certain exploit (it involves beer and I have no idea if it still works...) to pop through a wall and do a nigh impossible naked space walk to Centcom before you died. I managed to set foot one tile inside before the air pressure pushed my freezing-slow self beck outside to die ONCE.

On Mushroom station the original void would randomly spawn in the then brand new telescience dept', this void location was on the same Z-level as the admin' dungeon, the VR zones and Centcom. Using hand-tele' hijinks you could pop through the "Adminwalls" (true you couldn't use the hand tele' inside the void...but you could set down a beacon, hop back to the main station and use it from there...) to get to space outside and simply jetpack it to Centcom.
One day the stars aligned and I had the hand-tele', a spacesuit and the void portal had spawned...I took a beacon to Centcom and invited the crew to party it up there!
We trashed the place, redecorated the escape shuttle before it set course for the main-station and some poor admin' had to come and set a perm-portal for all who were now stuck in Centcom to get back to the station proper.

So all that said I believe that on our current station layout the powers that be have sealed Centcom up pretty damn tightly...prove me wrong and get yourself to Centcom by means other than the escape shuttle!

That is my challenge.

...oh and Cogmap 2 is approaching so tick tock motherfuckers... Heh.
Buzzbomb Wrote:I challenge anyone to make it to Centcom by means other than the escape shuttle. I obsessed over this in my early days playing here...

On Donut station there was a prison-VR station that you could hop into and use a certain exploit (it involves beer and I have no idea if it still works...) to pop through a wall and do a nigh impossible naked space walk to Centcom before you died. I managed to set foot one tile inside before the air pressure pushed my freezing-slow self beck outside to die ONCE.

On Mushroom station the original void would randomly spawn in the then brand new telescience dept', this void location was on the same Z-level as the admin' dungeon, the VR zones and Centcom. Using hand-tele' hijinks you could pop through the "Adminwalls" (true you couldn't use the hand tele' inside the void...but you could set down a beacon, hop back to the main station and use it from there...) to get to space outside and simply jetpack it to Centcom.
One day the stars aligned and I had the hand-tele', a spacesuit and the void portal had spawned...I took a beacon to Centcom and invited the crew to party it up there!
We trashed the place, redecorated the escape shuttle before it set course for the main-station and some poor admin' had to come and set a perm-portal for all who were now stuck in Centcom to get back to the station proper.

So all that said I believe that on our current station layout the powers that be have sealed Centcom up pretty damn tightly...prove me wrong and get yourself to Centcom by means other than the escape shuttle!

That is my challenge.

one can get to centcom using an extremely simple method with a locker
OMJ Wrote:
Buzzbomb Wrote:I challenge anyone to make it to Centcom by means other than the escape shuttle. I obsessed over this in my early days playing here...

That is my challenge.

one can get to centcom using an extremely simple method with a locker

That may be the same method I used that involved beer...It also involved a locker. Well screenshots away sir 'cause I haven't been able to find where the hell Centcom is on this layout.
shadowdimentio Wrote:Solo the Solarium. I'm going to do it some day, and it will be glorious.

Been there done that. Aesculus as well, to the best of my knowledge.

Also, thanks for the reminder OMJ, that should be retiring now.
Marquesas Wrote:
shadowdimentio Wrote:Solo the Solarium. I'm going to do it some day, and it will be glorious.
Been there done that. Aesculus as well, to the best of my knowledge.
I have as well. Then there's Tobba, who did it who knows how many times. Probably more people we don't know about, as well. So long as you know the stuff you -have- to have, and you have some time, it's not too hard.
I haven't been involved in a whole lot of solarium stuff but I've been to centcom sans escape shuttle.

I even redecorated it.

I think I had a picture somewhere but can't find it.
Oh hey found it
It was in the art thread.
http://imgur.com/a/NgMrL
atomic1fire Wrote:Oh hey found it
It was in the art thread.
http://imgur.com/a/NgMrL

:golfclap: Very nice dude.

Good to know this is possible still, time to put on my thinkin' cap and figure this one out.
Third dumb post.

I did that back in May so that stunt I pulled may have been fixed since then but it was cogmap. I discovered it completely by coincidence. If I wanted to get the admins mad or amused I'd probably do it again just to see if it still works but I'd have to be super lucky.
Marquesas Wrote:Also, thanks for the reminder OMJ, that should be retiring now.

Why must you continue to be Hitler?
I feel like Cogmap 2 should have an centcom escape challenge just for tradition's sake.

Also here's a challenge I just made up now. Fight Zombie Hogan in the other test chamber and not die. (note I have no idea what happens when you fight him, but I like to imagine he wrestles and eats your brains)
Get all the heads of staff to fart on the bible in one round.

Get an entire department to participate in your DnD game. The more vital to the station's productivity/safety the better.

Follow a wizard around with a vuvuzela or other noisemaker and survive until the end.

Make the detective so made he shoots you (just kidding, that's all detectives ever do)

As a traitor, complete your amass credits objective by mugging people and selling stolen goods (like brains or the neural net processor) on the merchant shuttle

As a traitor, buy one signal jammer and then space your PDA. Kill everyone using whatever weapons you can find (but no bombs!).
I like that last one, except do it with a mustache instead for added challenge and panache