Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprite Requests!
The topic for admins or whoever else to go requesting sprites of various things! Feel free to contribute!
Remember, most sprites are 32x32, and they do support transparency - they're best in 32 bit .png format.

I currently need sprites for weird alien plants for the botanists to grow. Remember, plants have four sprites each - dead, sprouted, grown, and ready to harvest. If you want to make it even easier for me to work with them (since I don't have access to good spriting software right now) put them in the plantpot.
In addition does anyone know a good image host? I've been trying to put the plant pot sprite in here as a template but I tried imageshack, tinypic and imgur and none of them work. >=I
I've found photobucket to be an excellent image host.

As for spriting software, I've found byond's image editor to be the best pixel-by-pixel editor around. Great accuracy, though it is limited to small images.
Here's the pot, for anyone that wants to use it: [Image: plantpot.png]

and here's my first contribution:

Sprout:[Image: sprout.png] Growing: [Image: partially.png] Flowering: [Image: fullygrown.png] Dead: [Image: dead.png]
It's meant to be a rock plant, for those times when you haven't just been hit by a few meteors.

I'll try to make a few more that aren't as half ass later. Do you have a description of what you want these alien plants to look like?
Anything goes, basically. Just make it strange!
There's a new pot sprite.
[Image: JgEfD.png]

Also, for each plant there's actually 5 sprites. Sprout, growing, ready, dead, and a produce sprite.
Here's corn for reference.
[Image: QtjwD.png]
So how about this?
[Image: tnxNq.png]

Strange tentacle plant I just made.
Also, for a good image host, there's also Minus.
Quote:In addition does anyone know a good image host? I've been trying to put the plant pot sprite in here as a template but I tried imageshack, tinypic and imgur and none of them work
Strange, I use those all the time.
[quote="RedbeardRum"]I've found photobucket to be an excellent image host.[quote]
And google docs can do it to. (I think.)
I still need some time to make more decent looking sprites, but heres something:

[Image: LethalCabbage_zps2d89bd39.png] [Image: sibuli_zps48e72627.png] [Image: PLant_zps8735cd78.png] [Image: deadplant_zps76e683a2.png]

(Also no harvest sprite yet, may just scrap the whole damn plant to be honest.)

Random shit:
[Image: spiky3_zpsfcade77b.png]
[Image: Slimetree_zps49f9d309.png]

More to come when I manage to think off something decent.
Azungar Wrote:-poo-

Wow those are good.
Azungar Wrote:-Shitty sprites-

[Image: Gugga_zps5947a982.png]

Hnngggnhh... I still have nothing. How can it be so hard to sprite a fucking plant?
Looks pretty good to me, man.
Did this while I was messing round spriting the martian ship, take this and tell me what you guys think
Leprozoa, when extracted produces leporazine.
[Image: pz6RV.png]
[Image: gk9kz.png]
[Image: dp8ts.png]
[Image: inIIu.png]
[Image: LrytQ.png]
Sundance Wrote:Did this while I was messing round spriting the martian ship, take this and tell me what you guys think
Leprozoa, when extracted produces leporazine.
[Image: pz6RV.png]
[Image: gk9kz.png]
[Image: dp8ts.png]
[Image: inIIu.png]
[Image: LrytQ.png]
This way, botanists get to try to be space explorers too!
Here is something I made, the brainweed!
[Image: pobgw.png]
[Image: 0W4wl.png]
[Image: pNJSU.png]
[Image: aioLH.png]

These are my first sprites ever, so I don't know if I did everything right.
I have a sprite request for a pegleg, because piracy in space is worth it!