Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have discovered the alchemic secret of transmutation
Wall material only takes what the girder's made of into consideration. This is a problem, because there's also plating in a wall. No matter what the plating started as, it'll turn into the girder material when it's put on and removed. This allows you to transmute relatively common materials into, say, a miracle matter alloy.

Whilst sheet metal of differing materials can't be stacked, floor tiles can. Not sure if you can drag-drop but if you use a stack of floor tiles on a loose floor tile, the loose will get added to the stack and turned into the material on the stack. This allows you, again, to transmute relatively common materials into, to use an example, a miracle matter alloy.

[Image: colours.png]

This is what happens when someone with too much time on their hands transmutes a hell of a lot of relatively common materials into miracle matter alloy. It doesn't come across too well but they were all shifting through the various colours of the rainbow, tinged sludge-green from the bohrum in the alloy.
normally I'd be a "omg irrealistic pls fix" kind of guy but this is pretty amazing

instead of completely removing it, let's fix the bug but integrate this transmuation mechanic in something else more sensible with drawbacks and all
(i'm completely aware the purpose of the smelter is to make alloys, but i'm talking about literal transmutation, not just mixing stuff)
Splatpope Wrote:normally I'd be a "omg irrealistic pls fix" kind of guy but this is pretty amazing

instead of completely removing it, let's fix the bug but integrate this transmuation mechanic in something else more sensible with drawbacks and all
(i'm completely aware the purpose of the smelter is to make alloys, but i'm talking about literal transmutation, not just mixing stuff)
post this in suggestions.

By the way, there's a philosopher's stone item that's relatively hard to get that'd be perfect for this.
This also happens with glass sheets of all kinds.