Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg Arm Replacement Change
Recently some people in a different thread brought up borgs, most specifically how the hell they work. As you know borgs can't pick things up, but instead use tool modules to give their arms functionality.

I propose that borg limbs, when attached to a human body as a replacement limb, act as they would on a borg. They cannot pick anything up with that arm, but instead they would gain the ability to take an item in their non-borg hand, place it in their borg hand, then take a screwdriver screw the item in place.

This would mean that when knocked down or disarmed you wouldn't drop that object. This would only work with medium sized objects, so it wouldn't make chainsaw arms obsolete.

Possible Uses:

Attach your e-gun to your arm and never worry about getting robbed by pesky greyshirts again!

Clamp down your trusty bike horn to prevent those pesky security officers from stealing it while they beat you (though this might actually lead to dismemberment instead of brutal beatings)!

Buy a c-saber with your telecrystals and never again worry about getting disarmed and robusted by some nerd again!

Get repeatedly chased, stunned, and arrested by guardbuddies for having your tranq rifle for an arm!

Keep your space lube/space cleaner spray bottle from being stolen by the horde of angry crew members you filthy janitor!

Secure your stun baton on and achieve super cop status in moment!

The possibilities are endless, I could totally come up with more ideas than this.
Shutup.
Add this in now.
This seems like a list of fairly solid reasons not to add this, in my opinion.
Either attach the c-saber hilt to your arm or keep it in your pocket for all I care. crossarms
APARTHEID Wrote:Either attach the c-saber hilt to your arm or keep it in your pocket for all I care. crossarms

Thats what we need C saber Arms, just what the (mad) doctor ordered.
Keep people from slapping guns/sabers to their robot arms, and make it so someone else can unscrew the item from your arm to take it off you, and I like it.

My way of viewing it is how likely it is to be abused by supercops and vigilantes versus use for fun. Being able to make it nigh impossible for someone to take a weapon off you is a recipe for grief-saster. And not the fun kind.

On the other hand, being able to attach the nuke disk to your robot arm and then run around smacking people with it, or making a fish flail would be amusing, and I think it'd make a nice, niche robo alternative to normal/synth arms.
david2222121 Wrote:Fish arms

Fucking make this happen already, spriters.
How about this? Instead of screwing in one item, before sticking the arm on someone, you could add 3-5 items which could be popped out like how borgs retrieve items? You still wouldn't drop them, but as a counter, having someone attack that limb is likey to cause it to fall off?
Spy_Guy Wrote:This seems like a list of fairly solid reasons not to add this, in my opinion.
gimme bread arms
what happens if you lose both arms?
What if that once you use an robotic arm and it is destroyed/taken off you can't attach anymore limbs onto it *(Other then chainsaws) because the strain of losing your arm twice causes your nerves to break down