Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
QM/Science Traitor Item:
Killy Putty! (DOHOHO)
A piece of goo, like flubber, but it doesn't suck.
7-10 Telecrystals

Effect: Throwing/hitting someone with it sticks it to that person. For ten seconds, they can resist it off. However, after the timer is up, it encases them. While encased in it (Probably ten seconds), it quickly drains you of health. Upon reaching crit, it consumes all biological matter from you, turning you into a skeleton, and turning back into a ball of KILLY PUTTY. Must be washed before reuse though. DOUGH HO HO

Imagine selling this at the market. Go all Billy Mays.
Bobbeh Wrote:7-10 crystals, a wonder in syndicate 'green' assassination methods. "The gib gun." Could either just be big as hell or also come with a hopper that you wear on your back. Feed meat for one shot, people/whatnot for five. It'd shoot a super-compressed chunk of organs and whatnot into a small projectile, via a funnel and hydraulic magic. Upon impact it'd do some decent damage, along with a quick knockdown (also the gibs decompress and splatter all over the floor). High cost since each victim equals more ammo. It'd probably look goofy as hell, too.

So basically it shoots out a non sentient meat cube at the target, if something awful is going on who you gonna call Syndicate Agents! Small song aside I think this could be a fair weapon and maybe it will act like the janitors trash compactor.
Not a meat cube, but like... A small projectile that turns into gibs after it hits. Also it'd probably have a waiting period of a few seconds before the guy gets mulched and crammed into a box.
Detective traitor item idea (not actually a terrible weapon probably)

The syndie scanner, Looks like detectives regular evidence scanner, but when you point it at someone it sets them to arrest. It should also optionally produce forged fingerprint cards, to "Justify" any and all arrests.
syndicate PDAs should be immune to detomatrix blasts, it stinks losing all your gear if you held off ordering anything and it blows up

make it redirect to a random other PDA I guess
Maybe have Detomatrixing a Syndie PDA send them the file, so they can re-send it to someone else. Hot Potato!
one of the first things I do in any round is turn off messaging on my PDA until I need to use it. especially quick if I'm a traitor.
Since the syringe gun kinda sucks compared to other options:

Medical Doctor Traitor Item
Syndicate Hypertoxin Syringe Ammo
2 telecrystals (the intent is to order two so you get a full 3 reloads for the syringe gun)

A box containing 9 special syringes filled with an unbelievably horrible cocktail of toxins. There's all kinds of horrible syndicate chemicals you can't find normally in one of these, and getting nailed by one will put you down for the count unless you get medical attention immediately (ironic, no?). Note that these syringes are special and cannot be emptied or used outside of the syringe gun (to prevent people from buying these and emptying them into emagged hyposprays or sleepy pens or something).
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:Note that these syringes are special and cannot be emptied or used outside of the syringe gun (to prevent people from buying these and emptying them into emagged hyposprays or sleepy pens or something).

1. fire at a dude
2. draw his blood quickly
3. have chemicals
Weavel Wrote:
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:Note that these syringes are special and cannot be emptied or used outside of the syringe gun (to prevent people from buying these and emptying them into emagged hyposprays or sleepy pens or something).

1. fire at a dude
3. have chemicals
All the more reason to implement it!
Weavel Wrote:

1. fire at a dude
3. have chemicals

I don't mind a clever approach like that, I just didn't want to let people buy a few packs of these and a sleepy pen and have an instant silent murder weapon that can kill like 20 people. That way you'd at least have to waste time drawing blood from victims who may have gotten off an "OH GOD SYRINGE GUN IN MEDBAY MAINT--BLARGH".
The surplus crate was suggested as a QM-only traitor item.

As much fun as it is, I think that it should go back to being that.

It's just really annoying to see an artistic toolbox in the hand of a non-chaplain so often, and a lot of traitor items that were SUPPOSED to be balanced by being exclusive to a job are no longer balanced that way.

Having it exclusive to QMs would alleviate some of this, I believe.

ALTERNATIVE: Make the crate a bright, syndicate-colored red. This would allow the AI to potentially spot a discarded crate and let the crew know what's up.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The surplus crate was suggested as a QM-only traitor item.

As much fun as it is, I think that it should go back to being that.

It's just really annoying to see an artistic toolbox in the hand of a non-chaplain so often, and a lot of traitor items that were SUPPOSED to be balanced by being exclusive to a job are no longer balanced that way.

Having it exclusive to QMs would alleviate some of this, I believe.

ALTERNATIVE: Make the crate a bright, syndicate-colored red. This would allow the AI to potentially spot a discarded crate and let the crew know what's up.

you are just mad because i killed you with the artistic toolbox while i was a detective and ended your rare traitor round smile
storm1911 Wrote:you are just mad because i killed you with the artistic toolbox while i was a detective and ended your rare traitor round smile

good contribution to the thread really helped a lot

I think job-specific items should maybe stay job specific
Does anyone use the syringe gun much?

If you buy an emag you can just emag a hypospray for quick injecting, or get a sleepy pen for quick and subtle injecting. The syringe gun on the other hand uses up syringes, has an obvious sprite/firing and is slow to reload.

Also an Idea for an alternative Medical Doctor Traitor Item.

Traitor Surgical Port a Medbay.
Cost a fair amount of crystals.

Looks like a normal port a medbay, however when people are shoved in it locks and starts damaging the player trapped inside. As it performs dangerous surgery on the victim it drops out the victim's butt and also the victim's brain. After that then you can eject the corpse and dispose of it.

The butt/brain being taken out mean it isn't too hard to spot, unless the traitor takes are to get rid of several sets of body parts. Also it means that if the victims are lucky then the brains can be found and put into borgs.