Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Greetings.

in this thread I will list the traitor items that I think are severely underused, and state ideas that might make them better! you are free to suggest things too!

-Stealth Container-
I have almost never seen someone use this, and I think even 2 crystals is too much. a better idea would for the container to become a wearable item, with a rightclick > hide item option

-Chemistry Grenade Kit-
One of the most useless traitor items at the moment without a doubt! You get a measly three grenades, and with the smoke and foam nerfs these are fairly pointless. you can even make a similar item for free! (beaker/igniter assembly)

To improve this item, I would suggest the box spawns with special 'traitor only' chemicals inside that only work with the grenades... Superacids, explosive compounds,
etc.

-Mini-radiation Crossbow-
the most commonly used of the list, but that not saying much! What sounds like a fantastic, stealthy assassination weapon is in fact a one shot, inaccurate, slowly recharging weapon. Even the puny derringer gets 2 shots!

To improve this item I would first suggest removing the stupidly loud *twang* and enormous horribly obvious green blob that is it's projectile. Give it two shots, but a longer recharge time. Seriously, this is supposed to be a stealth weapon! why is is louder then an e-sword??

-Syndicate Robot-
This item is pretty expensive for something that can be easily achieved via changing the AI laws or swiping cyborgs with an e-mag! These robots can still be shut-down or blown up by the AI, making them even more useless!

To improve This item, I would first make the cyborg immune to AI intervention, or perhaps send the AI a 'fake' message telling it the lock down was successful. Secondly, the syndicate robot would recieve a special traitor like item depending on the module it selected, but disguised as one of the normal tools it would get, for example:

A syndicate cyborg with chemist module would get: mini fog machine
A syndicate cyborg with engineering module would get: 'stunning wire' disguised as it's normal wire tool
A syndicate cyborg with Janitor module gets: spacelube spray bottle

You get the idea. maybe you guys can think of some better ones.

-FogMachine-3000-

Cumbersome, horribly obvious, still deadly to yourself and expensive to boot, the fog machine 3000 is never used. It even has to be wrenched before it can be used!

To make this item better, the fog machine would spawn with a special gas mask and suit that stops any smoke or foam from transferring reagents to you, as long as you also have internals on. It would not prevent injections or hydrosprays etc.

-Syringe Gun-

I've not seen this used much, maybe it;s because medical traitor doctors have the sleepy pen or e'magged injectors instead?

The few suggestions i would make is for the syringe projectile to move a bit faster, the ability for the gun to carry DNA syringes, and perhaps a box of prefilled syringes (toxin/sleep toxin etc) that would come with the gun or could be purchased.
For the syringe gun: instead of making us fill syringes and load them in manually, just give it a reservoir we can pour chemicals in. Give it infinite syringes because why not and make it take 15 units of chems from the reservoir on every shot, so refilling the gun with chems is reloading.
Dauntasa Wrote:For the syringe gun: instead of making us fill syringes and load them in manually, just give it a reservoir we can pour chemicals in. Give it infinite syringes because why not and make it take 15 units of chems from the reservoir on every shot, so refilling the gun with chems is reloading.
15 units a shot will stack up incredibly fast. Maybe mini syringes that only hold 5 units?
-Stealth Container-
I agree 100% that it should not be worth 2 telecrystals, I've only used it once in all my times of playing. I imagine that if you were clever you could use it to hide bombs in more vital places that disposal and mail chutes, but doing that would really be just for show.

-Chemistry Grenade Kit-
Definitely needs more that 3 grenades, that does seem low to me, but I'm not sure of the cost so maybe not. Plus beaker+igniter+timer can basically double as grenades.

-Mini-radiation Crossbow-
Don't change it, it is more than good enough as it is. If you need more than one shot, you're doing it wrong; I've always thought of it like a longer range sleepy-pen, don't fire unless you are sure you can hit someone.

-Syndicate Robot-
I think the syndie robot is good enough as it, but maybe taking away the AI's ability to kill it would be good. Frankly, I thought that this already happened.

-FogMachine-3000-
I think that leaving it as is would be fine, not every traitor weapon is supposed to be a godly killing machine, people generally use this when they just don't give a fuck and want to let the crew have fun.

-Syringe Gun-
Syringe gun is completely useless, I'd rather see it gone than anything else. It's as you said, hyposprays and sleepy-pens do the same shit, but better.
Stealth Container is like the Freedom Implant, not useful enough to buy every round but useful enough that if sec is being annoyingly competent you'll wish you had :|

mini-rad is depressingly bad, it's completely unstealthy but sucks in any capacity beyond 1v1. chasing someone down with a fire extinguisher is more reliable and doesn't waste your crystals
Furbeh Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:For the syringe gun: instead of making us fill syringes and load them in manually, just give it a reservoir we can pour chemicals in. Give it infinite syringes because why not and make it take 15 units of chems from the reservoir on every shot, so refilling the gun with chems is reloading.
15 units a shot will stack up incredibly fast. Maybe mini syringes that only hold 5 units?
No because it already fires 15 units a shot and the reason nobody uses it is because it takes a million years to reload. Make it easier to reload and maybe people will use it. If you nerf it in a different way people will keep right on not using it because it will still suck.

Also give it to scientists because there is fuck all doctors can actually put in it.
Dauntasa Wrote:
Furbeh Wrote:
No because it already fires 15 units a shot and the reason nobody uses it is because it takes a million years to reload. Make it easier to reload and maybe people will use it. If you nerf it in a different way people will keep right on not using it because it will still suck.

Also give it to scientists because there is fuck all doctors can actually put in it.
Scientists already have a billion things, and getting into chemistry is outrageously easy nowadays if you are any good at social manipulation.
I kinda think the stealth storage should just add a spare permanent set of pockets, but will give a message when something is added or removed - like "Jay Wolff puts the cryptographic sequencer in his armpit."
Cogwerks Wrote:I kinda think the stealth storage should just add a spare permanent set of pockets, but will give a message when something is added or removed - like "Jay Wolff puts the cryptographic sequencer in his armpit."

the stealth storage should give you away when you use it in front of someone?

:|
Well, the grenade kit is pretty useless because there's a giant freaking window where medbay can see everything you do.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I kinda think the stealth storage should just add a spare permanent set of pockets, but will give a message when something is added or removed - like "Jay Wolff puts the cryptographic sequencer in his armpit."

the stealth storage should give you away when you use it in front of someone?

:|

I figured the point of stealth storage was that it lets you smuggle things past a frisk, not that it lets you magically take things in and out of it without anyone seeing you doing it.
Quick question - I don't actually play all that much, so I don't get to really see the "ground level" impact of things I code. What I want to know is does the Signal Jammer get much use? I always wanted it since the super old days of SS13, and was really happy when I finally managed to find a way to code it.
ISaidNo Wrote:Quick question - I don't actually play all that much, so I don't get to really see the "ground level" impact of things I code. What I want to know is does the Signal Jammer get much use? I always wanted it since the super old days of SS13, and was really happy when I finally managed to find a way to code it.
I use it on the rare occasions that I go stealthmurdering instead of mass bombing. It's useful when you fail to kill them before they manage to say something for sure.
Mini-radbow + signal jammer for annoying hilarity as they scream out and trash at you while you run around them in circles until they die.

Save for this, there is alot of things that need a buff,
I do like cogwerks idea of being able to store things in ones armpit, so that on the odd occasion that someone may get thrown into the permabrig you could find a way of busting out.
I use the signal jammer often.