Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
This is what 5-10 microbombs does now. Holy god is this insane. So many people are rolling with several micros now.

[Image: izypRBAhvr3Ee.jpg]
Ali0en Wrote:This is what 5-10 microbombs does now. Holy god is this insane. So many people are rolling with several micros now.

[Image: izypRBAhvr3Ee.jpg]

I don't see any positives in this at all.
Micro-bombs functioned fine before. Before the code-tweak, I had 10 microbombs in me, left them all off, and I only destroyed 1 space tile underneath me. The 2 dudes beside me lost all their limbs, and eventually bled out/suffocated, but they weren't outright gibbed.

Micro-bombs purpose is to be the ace in a hole. It's like "Fuck you, you ain't getting me alive, take this!" This is the reason it's 1 telecrystal.
This is more like "Fuck you, nobody is getting out alive, fuck everything"

Then again, bomb code is still getting adjusted, so sit tight I presume :downs:
Yesterday I shot a syndie in the brig area and the one microbomb made the place pretty uninhabitable and fucked up everyone who was involved from ~3-4 tiles away. Almost seems like the syndicate's best bet would be throwing operatives at the walls and tunneling their way to the disk by microbombs.
Bologna Prime Wrote:The Boots of Lancing (Name in need of deshittening.) .

Hermes Boots?
herpmcderp Wrote:

Hermes Boots?
The Winged Walkers?
Kovirii Wrote:
herpmcderp Wrote:

Hermes Boots?
The Winged Walkers?

It's hard to make lance puns it would seem.
I think the red chainsaw should gib instead of make meat. Chainsaws aren't exactly the neatest of tools and gibbing would make more sense than fine cuts.
Bologna Prime Wrote:I think the red chainsaw should gib instead of make meat. Chainsaws aren't exactly the neatest of tools and gibbing would make more sense than fine cuts.
I agree with this.
It should also come complete with a scary red message and the limbs + butt of the victim flying everywhere.
[Image: LIBOKUK.png]

A chain reaction caused by one syndicate microbomb in the upper-right of the room destroying BOTH of the civillian pods on the north side, which then blew up the damaged industrial pod on the south side. This is too much.
Dabir Wrote:[Image: LIBOKUK.png]

A chain reaction caused by one syndicate microbomb in the upper-right of the room destroying BOTH of the civillian pods on the north side, which then blew up the damaged industrial pod on the south side. This is too much.

I blew up there, to add more to it, I was standing around the reciever tile, not even next to one of the pods.
Dabir Wrote:*Picture of an awesome explosion*

I see nothing wrong with this. Nothing at all. Now people can fear explosions. Hell tank transfers are hard to actually set down and get away from because you don't know the range anymore. Now if someone says they have microbombs people will becareful. Same with syndies. No more shrugging off the microblast.
KikiMofo Wrote:Now people can fear explosions.

People feared explosions before, what, you assumed they didn't? Something that stuns, damages, depressurizes and potentially gib? Oh yeah, absolutely nothing to worry about.
It's not like when somebody sees a bomb, they go "eh, look at this puny thing"
Nope, people run a mile from it, and just keep on running.

KikiMofo Wrote:Now if someone says they have microbombs people will becareful. Same with syndies. No more shrugging off the microblast.

The problem isn't the adjustment of bombs, it's just the oversight of other explosion related things, such as microbombs. People simply didn't shrug of microbombs, they were essentially a pda explosion to anyone nearby, blowing off limbs and like. What are pda explosions like now actually?

It's utter shit for security who, after arresting a dude who ends up suiciding with a microbomb, instead of blowing off that sec officers leg as a final horrah, it maims, potentially kills, and makes the place where he exploded inhabitable.
What's even worse is that it encourages shitty rampages with people that have 10 of them inside, so when they finally bite the bullet/get swarmed, they just succumb and kill pretty much everyone around them. Real neato.

It's simply not fair, for 1 telecrystal, totally unbalanced, and seems like it isn't what microbombs intentions are. They're not meant to be area damaging, gibbing (bar yourself ofc) detonation, they're meant to be an ace in a hole, a final fuck-you rather than making you a walking nuke.
Now that LLJK has a job of the day, we should also have a traitor item of the day. Stupid gimmicky shit that would get old if it was available all the time

Syndicate Go-Kart: Drive around on space tiles, run people over, maybe drop banana peels or something

Syndicate AI module: erases the AI's laws and gives it new abilities, in case it doesn't know how to use telescience.

Syndicate comm disk/module: Going somewhere? Install it in the commaster. When the crew tries to call the shuttle, a syndicate shuttle would show up instead! The shuttle would carry up to 5 operatives played by dead (but active) players. The real escape shuttle would show up 10 minutes afterwards. Balanced by cost and by the fact that you have to break into the bridge to install it-hell, you might have to take apart the entire commaster to do it.

Attack dog: basically a killable George that tries to protect syndicates while chewing everyone else's limbs off (and peeing on the bridge.) George will instakill them however.

Doctored medibot: carries an unlimited supply of a random chemical, picked form a list of bad/funny ones. Chemicals range from itching powder to stable mutagen (with monkey blood) to bee reagent.

Syndicate buttbot: loud as hell and anyone who hears it (even over headsets) either goes deaf or has their butts blown off. Earmuffs included.

Toilet teleporter: anything people flush down the toilet can be yours!
It would be nice if that job of the day thing was codified in the wiki and changelog. I never pay attention to it and it would be nice to know which days are what jobs.

Also instead of just making general traitor items, why not make the traitor item of the day related to the JOTD job,

Clown could have the clown car.

Boxer could maybe have bronze knuckles

Vice officer gets a police baton, so they can go wack people excessively for having fun.

Tourist could maybe get a camera with a built in flash, something that could stun people while looking completely innocent while the tourist robs or murders them.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Syndicate comm disk/module: Going somewhere? Install it in the commaster. When the crew tries to call the shuttle, a syndicate shuttle would show up instead! The shuttle would carry up to 5 operatives played by dead (but active) players. The real escape shuttle would show up 10 minutes afterwards. Balanced by cost and by the fact that you have to break into the bridge to install it-hell, you might have to take apart the entire commaster to do it.

This sounds like a great idea for a traitor HoP item or something, actually. Could even use NPC syndicates if using players sounds awkward. Might even want to skip the 5 minutes later thing, and just have the shuttle pull in as normal with syndicates at the ready