Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
The problem with the original concept was that you had to pay 10 crystals for semi-faulty gadgets. A sydicate operative has access to functioning equipment for way less. The comic book only works as a cheap item used for fun.
epicdwarf Wrote:Idea: Have the comic book be 3-4 crystals and come with 20 or so stupid gadgets. You get 3 gadgets of your choice for free and have to pay about 1500 credits to get another gadget.
Took some of the ideas, also looked up some old comic book ads and based some on that.

1) Hover-board: A miniputt (essentially) that moves faster and has less armor and allows the rider to still use items. It would provide protection in Space.
2) The Hypno-watch: If you can make a guy sit down long enough for it to be used, you will make an obvious notice that you're hypnotizing him, then after a minute gain him as a mindslave for 10 minutes.
3) Grow-Ur-Own Clown: A plant seed that, if planted, grows clown spiders that attack everyone except the person who planted and nurtured them.
4) X-ray Glasses: Glasses that allow you to see through walls and other obsticles. However, other people show up merely as unidentifiable skeletons.
5) Trick Gum: You get a pack of 6 pieces of gum. You chew a piece, then spit it out similar to how a Changeling uses acid split. One piece is only about as effective as a Changeling, 3 pieces would be like a trick cigarette, all 6 would be like a small pipebomb. More an ambush weapon than a station destroying one.
6) Itching Powder Spray: A can of itching powder that acts like a cleaner bottle. You spray it on someone and the normal effects of itching powder occur.
7) Sea-Monkies: Plop them in a bucket or bathtub of water and throw them a few scraps of food. Watch as they grow from nothing to attack the crew, except you of course.
8) Inflatable Arms: Put them on and gain the strength of a man with hulk. Be careful though, a few hits to the arms will shatter them.
9) Giant 10ft Balloon: Pesky security getting in your way? Drop this giant balloon in any area and permanently block the tile. No way to break it or stop it. Think of all the havok you could cause just by blocking doors. Props if you buy multiple and cut the station in half.
10) Secrets of the Black Arts: A piece of paper containing three "brews". A brew would require three, out-of-the-way ingredients and the paper itself to make a potion that might have a special effect like make a body into a zombie, turn a person into a cluwn, or whatever else. The first brew would be easy to get, but do little. Second would be harder to get, but do more. Third would be near impossible, but be much more deadly (ie. create a zombie).
11) A Famous Yale Football Set: An old-timey football set that contains a leather helmet a Yale football. The helmet itself is essentially just a slightly improved helmet, but the football can be thrown at people to shortly stun them so you can assault them some other way.
12) Jet-Weight-Gain Formula: A special formula created to turn you into the fatest man you can possibly be. Essentially it gives you obesity, which is much more useful than you might think.
13) Specially Syndicate Silly Putty©: A silly putty unlike any other. Use it on a screwdriver? You get a perfect replica of a screwdriver. Use it on the Captain's hat? You've got a brand new hat. Of course, things like guns are a bit beyond its reach, so are ID cards and most all traitor gear. It can make ammo though, so it might serve as an extra supplier of ammo. Of course, it's not edible at all. Disguise it as a donut, someone eats the donut, chronic poisoning. If you're too lazy to use it on something, just throw it on them for temporary blindness while they wipe the putty from their mildly annoyed and confused eyes.

That's about all I could come up with. I'm not THAT creative, unfortunately. But feel free to add to the list, anyone.

Anyway, pretty much all of the gear is useless on its own and will probably get you killed on sight when you run around with obvious stuff like a hover-board or x-ray glasses, but if you combine three (or more if you're good at embezzling/making money) at a cost of maybe 5-6 crystals you could be fairly deadly. Maybe a guy who can see through walls is no big deal, but a guy who can do that, has hulk arms (albeit vulnerable arms), and can spit a light explosive is a force to be reckoned with.
Vat of radioactive waste
10 telecrystals.

Geneticist only?
When used on a traitor, gives some kind of genetics superpower during the duration of use. (maybe the super power only lasts about as long as exposure, or not, considering most of the genetics super powers are kind of toned down anyway) Note that this is a luck of the draw kind of thing, and you could totally end up glowy or with an elvis accent.

optionally
When used on someone else who isn't a traitor. WHAT IS THAT THING, IT'S SO GROSS level mutations can occur, with exposure ranging from deaf blind mute leaking radiation everywhere, to an actual mutant mob that is icky and gross (basically small amounts would work like bathing someone in unstable mutagen)

Basically a barrel of mutant goo which eventually runs out.

For balance this could also be a beaker, or require some level of mutadone injections to even handle the barrel because it's not a safe container and leaks radiation.

Optionally the superpowers thing could be left out and it could be a vat of gross mutant goo.
Here's an idea for traitor botanists since man-eaters are almost totally useless: Seeds for kudzu and/or the blob. The kudzu seeds could be a special variety that can still spread from it's dense tiles, unlike normal kudzu. Depending on what you give these seeds would give them special properties, like fertilizing it would make it spread faster, putting meat in the pot would make the blob have a higher chance to attack humans, or watering it would make it harder to destroy.
Not really a direct suggestion, but I'd love to see more themed item sets like the MD safari equipment and the bowling kit.
Botany traitor weapon suggestion.

Spud gun

Insert potato (or tomato and maybe other botany things) and fire at dudes.

Basically a rock-it launcher that causes serious injury and possible concussions.
atomic1fire Wrote:Botany traitor weapon suggestion.

Spud gun

Basically a rock-it launcher that causes serious injury and possible concussions.
I like this idea but if botany gets that then I want a robotics traitor item of a Buttgun where you need to use butts as your ammo.
Contact Poison
Cheap I guess
a little vial of nasty poison powder that can be absorbed through the skin. As a very fine powder that only requires a tiny amount of contact to be lethal, attempting to just throw it on someone is a terrible idea, as it's impossible to just pitch it into someone's face and escape without being poisoned yourself is to wear a full biosuit. It's main use is to coat items in it. Items which are coated in the poison will immediately poison anyone not wearing gloves, and will poison people wearing most kinds of gloves after a little while. Insulated gloves provide complete protection. Coated items of clothing will immediately poison if put on. The powder is designed to be difficult to detect, and won't show up when you examine the item. The Detective's scanner will pick it up, though, as will reagent scanning PDAs. The vial has enough powder to coat several items, and is cheap enough that you can buy several vials, allowing you to poison a lot of things.

You can also slot a full vial of it into a pipebomb to create a poison cloud on detonation
KikiMofo Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Botany traitor weapon suggestion.

Spud gun

I like this idea but if botany gets that then I want a robotics traitor item of a Buttgun where you need to use butts as your ammo.
Fuck that idea, have a Syndicate Butt-Arm that lets you load items into buttbots and have them fire them like hacked vending machines.

Also let people use (human) arms on butts to create the fabled Organic Buttbot. get in not go out
AI module: mind slave (10 telecrystals)
All machine language implants double as mindslaves. However, this is useless unless you modify the AI's laws. The AI will not be informed that you have used this module.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:AI module: mind slave (10 telecrystals)
All machine language implants double as mindslaves. However, this is useless unless you modify the AI's laws. The AI will not be informed that you have used this module.
that should be job specific like RD or Roboticist or something like that. plus that is really op. how about it makes it so that everyone that has an implant in them follow all of the laws that the AI has. Plus they are not allowed to hint/tell about the laws, and they cant take the implant out themselves (yes its possible, don't ask). then it would be pretty good.
Lavastage Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:AI module: mind slave (10 telecrystals)
that should be job specific like RD or Roboticist or something like that. plus that is really op. how about it makes it so that everyone that has an implant in them follow all of the laws that the AI has. Plus they are not allowed to hint/tell about the laws, and they cant take the implant out themselves (yes its possible, don't ask). then it would be pretty good.
I thought that was what he meant by, " However, this is useless unless you modify the AI's laws." Maybe I was reading it wrong but I thought he meant it made them abide by the AI's laws. I like that idea.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Lavastage Wrote:that should be job specific like RD or Roboticist or something like that. plus that is really op. how about it makes it so that everyone that has an implant in them follow all of the laws that the AI has. Plus they are not allowed to hint/tell about the laws, and they cant take the implant out themselves (yes its possible, don't ask). then it would be pretty good.
I thought that was what he meant by, " However, this is useless unless you modify the AI's laws." Maybe I was reading it wrong but I thought he meant it made them abide by the AI's laws. I like that idea.
he meant that you needed to use the item on the ai console.. I think.
Just a quick idea for a cheap traitor item:

A belt (get it) or shoes that lets you stand still on moving conveyors and also just walk right through plastic flaps.
Perhaps make it so that when you order a voice changer, have a little pop-up appear before the voice changer spawns in, which lets the person who ordered it set the mask to a different skin, like a normal breath mask or even a horse mask, or maybe just make it's appearance random.
This would help against the meta-gaming strategy of: "Oh, that guy is wearing a gas mask and isn't a scientist, so he's now under suspicion of wearing a voice changer!"