Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Would a "traitor implant" item be possible? Something that costs 1 telecrystal and does nothing but identify other traitors once you have implanted yourself with it? Maybe it would burn up in the hands of non-traitors just so it can't be abused. It just seems like it'd be kinda cool for traitors to be able to work together instead of shotgunning each other in the corridors.
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Would a "traitor implant" item be possible? Something that costs 1 telecrystal and does nothing but identify other traitors once you have implanted yourself with it? Maybe it would burn up in the hands of non-traitors just so it can't be abused. It just seems like it'd be kinda cool for traitors to be able to work together instead of shotgunning each other in the corridors.
Only if it makes OTHER traitors able to recognize you, and not you them. I'm pretty sure the ability to see other traitors with sunglasses was removed because other traitors would just hunt their fellow traitors to kill them and steal their gear and things like that. Often times traitors have objectives to kill each other, but I'd rather not have any traitor who decides to spend one crystal be able to instantly out me as another traitor and kill me in hopes of getting my stuff if I ordered it.
Sord213 Wrote:Only if it makes OTHER traitors able to recognize you, and not you them. I'm pretty sure the ability to see other traitors with sunglasses was removed because other traitors would just hunt their fellow traitors to kill them and steal their gear and things like that. Often times traitors have objectives to kill each other, but I'd rather not have any traitor who decides to spend one crystal be able to instantly out me as another traitor and kill me in hopes of getting my stuff if I ordered it.
Oh, that seems reasonable. Maybe instead a Traitor Comms set that looks like a regular station headset, but can listen to every comm channel on the station and comes with an additional traitor-only channel that traitors can talk on with disguised names? That way it wouldn't out you to other traitors right away but if you all decided to work together you could send a message out to them. Could be done by default kinda like how the traitor PDA is by default too, so that it could be safely ignored or used or whatever.
That would make traitor cooperation too easy, I think. Maybe make it a secret traitor PDA channel - the upshot is that messaging is a pain and you have to have your PDA on, leaving you easy prey for other traitors that don't want to play along, but if you want to take a risk and stick your neck out you can do so???
on the other hand, a secret traitor channel with annonymous traitors could lead to increased backstabbing.

Don't know who the other traitors are? use the secret traitor channel to send a message out, see who pops up and kill and strip them. Make the location somewhere not obvious so the only possible persons going there are traitors who also want to kill other traitors.
well using the secret channel should give you an anonymous username and then you can tell the other traitors to "wait by the pool for an assistant with blue hair and a robotnik moustache, that's me."
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:well using the secret channel should give you an anonymous username and then you can tell the other traitors to "wait by the pool for an assistant with blue hair and a robotnik moustache, that's me."
This would work for one preliminary meeting, and then the two traitors who met up would have completely secret worry-free radio coordination for the rest of the round. Hell, even if it randomizes the username every message, the ability to call other traitors for help in a fight with the Captain and probably get it is still an incredibly useful one.
Admiral jimbob Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:well using the secret channel should give you an anonymous username and then you can tell the other traitors to "wait by the pool for an assistant with blue hair and a robotnik moustache, that's me."
This would work for one preliminary meeting, and then the two traitors who met up would have completely secret worry-free radio coordination for the rest of the round. Hell, even if it randomizes the username every message, the ability to call other traitors for help in a fight with the Captain and probably get it is still an incredibly useful one.
But what if the captain gets it and calls a traitor to do something like loot the riot locker only to get jumped by a number of security officers? Besides, look at syndicate operatives, they barely ever communicate over their headset even though they have the opportunity to do so.
How can you communicate when you are busy mashing keys to force your unresponsive 2d spaceman to avoid that laser?

This case its a player factor, not a gameplay issue.
Bomb Collar Set: 2 Telecrystals
A wearable bomb collar that acts as either a helmet, mask, or handcuffs (preferably not mask) and can be remotely activated using a certain frequency of your choice. Good for shenanigans like heisting the Sierra Madre or forcing someone to run an obstacle course for their freedom.

Comes with a special PDA cartridge that allows you to A: Detonate the collar or B: Deactivate the collar. A slightly cheaper (but riskier) alternative to mindslave implants.
Grenade launcher: Flashbangs, chem grenades, or mustache grenades, load any grenade into the launcher and fire! Grenades explode on impact so no more messing around with timers, but you have to reload after every shot and of course you could have spent those telecrystals on something else. It's also a hell of a lot less stealthy.
Wizard Idea:

Wizard's shotgun, summons a magical shogun with special random wizardly ammo ala the staff of cthulhu except muggle scum can use it. Should unlock a spell for extra magical ammo

Upside: Think of the possibility, Pandamonium rounds, fires off a random pandamonium effect on impact, could be a glass busting screech, or a horde of meteors, cluwne rounds, Cluwne at range, golem rounds, random golems, sure you might get initro or sarin, but on the other hand you could unleash an omnizine or werewolf serum golem on the crew and thats terrible.

Downside: Shotguns do not care who uses them and can be used against the wizard to robust him, normal ammo cannot be used on it so when you run out of ammo it is unusable.

Please consider this image posted in the SA thread by some other goon in your deliberations.

[Image: IPALetI.gif]
New-U Station: 9 Telecrystals, Geneticist only
Its a giant fuck off glowing machine that must be hidden very carefully. Once its screwdrivered into place, you swipe your ID and scan yourself with it and it injects you with a life-support monitor that instantly begins to clone you a new body once it detects your death. You don't start with any of the equipment you died with, just your jumpsuit/ID. The machine should be obvious and make a lot of noise like saying "Reviving subject" and stuff like that so if it isn't exceedingly well hidden, it will get discovered and destroyed. It should also siphon money from your ATM account with every revival, and if you can't pay you stay dead.
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:New-U Station: 9 Telecrystals, Geneticist only
Its a giant fuck off glowing machine that must be hidden very carefully. Once its screwdrivered into place, you swipe your ID and scan yourself with it and it injects you with a life-support monitor that instantly begins to clone you a new body once it detects your death. You don't start with any of the equipment you died with, just your jumpsuit/ID. The machine should be obvious and make a lot of noise like saying "Reviving subject" and stuff like that so if it isn't exceedingly well hidden, it will get discovered and destroyed. It should also siphon money from your ATM account with every revival, and if you can't pay you stay dead.

I like it, but have one caveat to add: If you put it on a non-station z-level(where it would be very hard to find), then it should still work but give you random genetic mutations to represent the signal breaking down over the distance.
Borderlands reference?