Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
ID bomb

Looks like a regular ol' ID, but when someone picks it up and tries to wear it, it explodes!
Dauntasa Wrote:it should use the old superfart sound effect

And the * emote should be superfart. That way you don't have to hold it in waiting for the right moment to unleash your secret weapon.
Here's a suggestion:

A self-destructing briefcase, possibly just for Detective traitors. You get three tries to input the correct code, and if you get it wrong it explodes, destroying the objects inside and potentially inflicting lethal harm on whoever is holding it at the time.

Can't be hacked like a normal briefcase, but can be emagged. Not sure what kind of cost you'd want to give it, but it shouldn't be high since its usage is entirely circumstantial.
Seems neat in theory Xanatov, but it's very rare to even see the Detective with a briefcase at all.
Yeah, about the only time it's worth using the briefcase is on a nuke round, and you can't very well be a traitor detective on a nuclear round. Neat idea, but I don't think it would ever really work well.
Silenced Handgun
A small handgun that fits into a pocket. Gives no warning to who fired the handgun. Damage would be something reasonable.
So I ran into a circumstantial issue with the mindslave implant today.

Today I was in a gunfight with the man who would inevitably implant me. He was in the captain's office, I was out in the bridge. Both of us paced from side to side, waiting for the other to make move. Eventually my backup began to arrive. I then decided to rush in. I fired my taser shot and both of us fell. In the heat of battle, the chat log is the least of your worries (unless you're unsure of who you should be fighting but in this case I knew very well). There was a wall of red text in the chat log but battle notifications are red, too. I figured me and Grandpa Smith had tased each other. Two taser shots going off and landing could create quite the small wall of text in the log, too. I started shouting at my back up to get him, fearing that he wouldn't stay tased for long. The red text was very quickly eaten up by radio spam, me yelling, Grandpa Smith yelling my name, and my backup yelling. They executed Grandpa Smith as I went to call the shuttle. His microbomb went off and he was gibbed. As I left the bridge I got a pm from HukHukHuk making me aware that I was mindslaved. Confused, I scrolled up and sure enough, the red text was there (surrounded by battle text). I was told to do my master's objective since he was uncloneable and I did so successfully (besides the escape alive part, heh).

My suggestion. Instead of having the notification in the text log, we should have a pop-up notification. Similar to that of when you're chosen to be an antag or syndi borg. My issue was circumstantial and likely a rare case since I couldn't imagine traitors to choose to mindslave people in the middle of a gun fight. Still though, the chat is often ignored in tense situations and missing a notification like that could be as simple as radio spam or action spam.

I believe this was the correct place to put this as it's a suggestion to tweaking a traitor item a bit. Sorry if I'm mistaken.
Not only that, but a pop-up notification when it wears off would be nice too. I've had rounds where I don't notice I've been mindslaved, and I've had many more rounds where I don't notice that it's worn off. It's far too easy for the red text to get lost in the background and not be noticed.
Was reading a thing on secret soviet spy gear, and had a fun idea.

Moneybomb.

Looks like a stack of cash, can be handled like cash, but can't be spent or stacked.

comes with a detonator, just wait for your victim to run off with the cash, and arm the detonator.

Boom, they explode, and you run off to do other traitor things.
Man, can the bleed effect last a bit longer for projectiles? Specifically the syndicate revolver, I mean come on. It's a friggin' .357 round, those can poke some big holes in a person.
Concussion grenades, when hit by one of these people will lose consciousness for a few seconds then come to with a slightly blurred screen, also causes your movement to be fucked up for 4 seconds due to confusion.
atomic1fire Wrote:Was reading a thing on secret soviet spy gear, and had a fun idea.

Moneybomb.

Looks like a stack of cash, can be handled like cash, but can't be spent or stacked.

comes with a detonator, just wait for your victim to run off with the cash, and arm the detonator.

Boom, they explode, and you run off to do other traitor things.

What if the moneybomb detonates when someone attempts to spend it?
Even better, what if the moneybomb can be divided up like regular stacks of cash, so you can deal a massive amount of damage to a single target, or spread it out to multiple people.
Torn Out Page
6 telecrystals
Chaplain Item: You get a random wizard spell. Works at full power and doesn't need a staff. Random so you have to work with what you get.
Geo Wrote:Torn Out Page
6 telecrystals
Chaplain Item: You get a random wizard spell. Works at full power and doesn't need a staff. Random so you have to work with what you get.

YES