Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Cogwerks Wrote:What about having a bottle of synaptizine pills available for like one or two crystals? Those help you recover from stuns more quickly, and since chemistry can make the stuff anyways, it wouldn't be instant proof of guilt. Or I could make a vending machine product with that instead.

That reminds me:
Syndicate Dan's Unwanted Medicine: Two or three random pill bottles, with chems that are makeable with, say, the RD's access, but definitely among the secret recipes. Thinking of synaptizine, neurotoxin, that nasty new chemical that I probably shouldn't name in here. Probably not hyperzine, since that's easily accessible to everyone and has bad side-effects.
Access: everyone (since it would be mostly pointless for experienced Scientists).
Cost: low enough that you can get a weapon with the booster stuff, or a sleepy pen with the offensive chems.

Name nabbed from the RUM project.
Cogwerks Wrote:There's an injector belt that does that exact thing, it's sitting out in one of my telescience excursion areas and I don't think anyone has ever found it, which is sad because it's incredibly powerful. I could make it into a traitor item maybe.

Oh that's awesome. I can think of so many possibilities for such a device. Especially now that reagents can combine in the body. *huffs down a large quantity of potassium and phosphorous. Ready!
I found the belt actually, never got to use it because I think it poisoned me.
Shoddy Wrote:I found the belt actually, never got to use it because I think it poisoned me.

Yeah, many people have found the belt, but the one time I saw someone put it on it pumped them full of somnambutril.
Yup, it comes pre-packed with sleepy time, which is a shame since last time it was available was back on doughnut
Rocket Boot Kit
Cost 5 or so crystals, would be available for Nuke ops
Comes with two items: a pair of Syndicate Rocket Boots, and a set of armoured plate inserts for spacesuits

The Rocket Boots work similarly to the shitty rocket boots you can make right now(ie: you press a button and it sends you shooting forward), except they're fueled by plasma which gives them the extra power to smash through windows, grilles, regular walls and glass doors. Running into a person while boosting causes you to shoulder-check them, stopping you and sending them flying away while also hurting them quite badly. The boots can have their plasma tanks changed when they run out of fuel, which would take a decent number of uses.

The armoured plate inserts could be used on any spacesuit, except for the two types of Space Armour which wouldn't need them. Wearing an armoured spacesuit protects you while you go around rocketing into walls and unfortunate people. As long as you're wearing an armoured suit, slamming into things doesn't hurt or stun you.

The point of buying these for nuke ops would be to let them attack from space quickly by smashing through external windows instead of having to sit there slowly disassembling them. The point of buying these for regular traitors is because they'd be funny.

it would also be cool if the boots left a trail of fire wherever they went
They might also need a button for brakes so that anyone who bought them didn't end up sailing away into space for hitting the button at the wrong time.
Syndicate Computer Hacking Disk.
Electrician only maybe?

Disk that can in combination with some hacking supersmarts, can do terrible things to the computer network.

e.g maybe mess wth cameras, hack atm's, etc. Essentially a disk that makes any traitorous crewmen into hacker-pro extraordinaire.

Maybe it could behave similar to a real life livecd, basically you put the disk in, restart the computer, and bam, hacker power.
atomic1fire Wrote:Syndicate Computer Hacking Disk.
Electrician only maybe?

Disk that can in combination with some hacking supersmarts, can do terrible things to the computer network.

e.g maybe mess wth cameras, hack atm's, etc. Essentially a disk that makes any traitorous crewmen into hacker-pro extraordinaire.

Maybe it could behave similar to a real life livecd, basically you put the disk in, restart the computer, and bam, hacker power.
So an emag?
I figured an Emag would be more like a ID on god mode.

My idea was basically a way to use the computers to do subversive things, as long as nobody bothers to check what you are doing.

e.g Maybe interfer with security records, or kill the power in random places.

Basically since all the computers have disk drives, and you can buy disks with programs on them from one of the vending machines, I thought it would be neat if there was a syndicate version of that, which could be destructive from afar, as long as no random assistant finds you and looks the computer.

For example, I know you can buy a disk with the medical program, but you need a doctor ID to use it.
atomic1fire Wrote:Syndicate Computer Hacking Disk.
Electrician only maybe?

The idea sounds pretty fun.

Another way it could work would be make the disk like 3-4 telecrystals and upon uploading the virus to a computer it wipes itself clean so there is no evidence on disk.

Give all computers disk drives like the HoP's financial one, and the security camera one and the medical one etc.

Shoving the disk into different computers would do different things:

Secmate running terminal: Randomise all the records details like prints and set everyone to arrest.
Security camera terminal: Shows up people and items that aren't there when viewed.

etc.
EMP Implant - 2 Crystals

Another implant! When you *fart, you emit a EMP burst identical to an EMP grenade. Perfect for the assistant with a surprise up his sleeve when the robuddies break for lunch.
APARTHEID Wrote:EMP Implant - 2 Crystals

Another implant! When you *fart, you emit a EMP burst identical to an EMP grenade. Perfect for the assistant with a surprise up his sleeve when the robuddies break for lunch.

oh god yes
APARTHEID Wrote:EMP Implant - 2 Crystals

YES. YES. YES.
it should use the old superfart sound effect