Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Dauntasa Wrote:you can't silence a revolver, they don't work that way

This, and the fact that anyone who sees you with the gun will start screaming into the radio it seems more like a wasted upgrade.
Dauntasa Wrote:you can't silence a revolver, they don't work that way

This one does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0
I know, but that statement applies to every revolver ever made except that one and this other obscure russian one.
Dauntasa Wrote:you can't silence a revolver

You also don't explode if you try to hold your breath in an owl costume

this is spaceman, it doesn't matter as long as it's fun. He could even use the sprite of the virtual semi-auto pistol instead, there are ways around it if you want the gameplay to work
regardless of whether it is realistic or not it is still pretty useless considering the fact that it takes only one assistant to examine the detective, then the assistant runs away screaming, "OH GOD THE DETECTIVE HAS A TRAITOR REVOLVER KILL HIM KILL KILL KILL NOW!!!"

Wasted telecrystals when you can get a signal jammer for the same amount instead.
Sorry for the double post but i think that this revolver is a rampage weapon considering its power and pretty obvious sprite and sounds, which is why a silencer is not very effective when you could get more ammo or a signal jammer
but think of it this way

- Gun's more powerful than a normal revolver which is already a two-hit crit
- No noise
- No glaring alert

You could potentially be near-instacritting dudes (removing the fear of them shouting out), while still being deathly silent and at range with nobody able to tell where it's come from, I think that's worth 3 telecrystals
I think it should only be fireable if you are wearing the full detective outfit.

Pros - people can't steal it and use it against you

Cons - can't use gun in space easily
Replying to Mozis suggestion of the syndie crate, I think that it should always have more than 10 telecryatals inside, but what is inside is completely random
I've got an idea for an Engineer traitor item(or maybe everyone could have it):
Portable Field Generator. Basically it's a bulky item, so you can carry it around but can't store it, and it comes with a remote. Drop it somewhere and hit the remote and it shoots out containment fields(like the singularity's) for 3-5 spaces in 2 directions. It can be rotated to fire in the other 2 directions(and maybe diagonally but that would look terrible) as well by using a different function on the remote. You could use it to seal off areas or toss it into a room full of people and hit the rotate button to turn it into a giant blender.

The amount of crystals it would cost would depend on whether it was given a limited power supply or allowed to run indefinitely. If it had limited power, I'd say 2 crystals, if it had limited power but could be recharged I'd say 4-5, and if it just ran forever then I'd say 6-7 because buying otherwise buying 2 would let you build an impenetrable electric fortress.
That would be pretty amazing with some space lube.
Anticheese Wrote:That would be pretty amazing with some space lube.

Or alternatively, it would make a fun death trap if you built a 3x3 room with one in the center.

"I've kidnapped you and locked you into this special room with 3 other people and a central field generator. I will release you once only one of you is alive. Time to make a sacrifice. Enjoy."-signed, T. Traitor.

Power-supply wise, I think it should be infinite, if only because that opens so many more gimmicky possibilities like that one. Or you could make them hook it into the station power supply, like a power sink.

Oh, and I like Mozi's suspicious crate idea, if only because it might make QM traitor rounds more than "QM and his mindslave pals kill everyone with lasers."
Traitor item idea.

Syndiekit.

Black gloves, red spacesuit, jetpack, and black uniform, perhaps tools too.

Can be used to fake nuke, or otherwise fly around in space.
Can't the janitor have his fake cleaner grenades back since there can be more than one reagent in a reaction now?
Pretty sure he already has them. I saw them listed in an unlocked PDA from a traitor janitor I killed.

Besides, I don't think foam ever had the reagent restriction that smoke had/has.