Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
mozi Wrote:suspicious crate (10 TC)

contains anywhere from 6 to 14 TC worth of traitor items, drawn from all available traitor items (including job specific ones)

press your luck!!
Open a suspicious crate, get a suspicious crate.

How... suspicious?
mozi Wrote:suspicious crate (10 TC)

contains anywhere from 6 to 14 TC worth of traitor items, drawn from all available traitor items (including job specific ones)

press your luck!!

This sounds more on par with QM, given that once upon a time, you could order special things from the QM console were it e-magged.

(Giving other options other than an e-mag to QMs in general is a good idea!)
Why is this not a thing? It looks like a regular top hat but when you throw it blades pop out and hit people, stunning them and causing bleed damage.
So like the Asian guy with the bladed top hat from James Bond? If so that would be cool.
Yes. And the examine message is "Looks sharp." Get it?
Sounds like the hat from that guy from Mortal Kombat. Cool.
Wasn't the James Bond villan named Oddjob? Or did I really forget?
it'd be cool if a dude who is unconsious but standing (so buckled into a chair) can be instantly killed by the hat being thrown at them almost as if he were BEHEADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but yeah this seems like A Fun Thing along with moonshine
Because the thread from a while back about giving the Detective more stuff has vanished into the ether in the transition to the new condensed style, and the only other mention is in the perpetually-ignored General Suggestions thread, I figured I ought to repost at least the bit about a traitor item, because quite a few players liked the sound of it.

The Detective doesn't have a traitor item, which is weird. It's a very cool job, and yet he doesn't get anything special to go with it. I propose that he get an absolutely ludicrously powerful revolver, a la Dirty Harry.

I'd say it should be 7 Telecrystals for the gun with one extra speedloader and 3 Telecrystals for two extra speedloaders worth of ammo. It should hit like a truck, ignoring armor and possibly even knocking people backwards or going through them and hitting people behind them.

Another suggestion for it that I liked would be the power to, by clicking on someone at point-blank with the Harm intent, to trigger a ~10 second execution. A short series of messages would play, and at the end, one round would be expended and the target's head would be completely gibbed, preventing cloning or borging.

Weavel, who brought it up in the GenSuggestion thread, called it the Robusto .45, which is a perfect name. Using *monologue while holding it should cause the Detective to speak Dirty Harry's famous "do ya feel lucky, punk" speech.

Azungar has a sprite for a gun like this, pictured here. [Image: 44magnum.jpg]
With the amount of support this is getting, I wouldn't be surprised if it's added eventually! From what I remember, between me and Sundance in the other thread, we've come to the conlcusions here:

- called Robusto .45
- we figured it should have 12 shots and one reload, but either way works fine
- 7 telecrystals
- 3 telecrystals for more ammo
- alternatively, 3 telecrystals for a silencer which removes the red name/muffles sound
- EI NATH-styled execution in a seperate tab; you don't want it to be a Harm-intent point blank trigger, else you'll keep accidentlly doing it! It should cost 1 bullet and about 7ish seconds, and make them uncloneable

In regards to armour/knockback, I think you've got the right idea; it's too powerful to be stopped by puny Sec armour, and unarmoured people should get a little knockback, but maybe the Riot Gear or the Cap's suit might be more resilient?

I think I've got ideas for other gun-related fun, but I'll leave it up to you if you want this topic to become more general.

also if this gets implimented I'm looking forwards to seeing the Detective going all Max Payne and dual-wielding guns to stun then execute dudes
.45 caliber is way too week, it's no where near enough to go through people, in my opinion the detective should get something along the lines of a S&W 500 Magnum, which is pretty much powerful enough to kill a dude in one shot IRL.
Veriox Wrote:.45 caliber is way too week, it's no where near enough to go through people, in my opinion the detective should get something along the lines of a S&W 500 Magnum, which is pretty much powerful enough to kill a dude in one shot IRL.
I'm pretty sure 'most' guns can kill someone in 1 hit irl.

Luckily, we're all super spacemen with skin of steel that can deflect bullets with a mere dent, but can be knocked out for hours if hit in the head with a piece of paper.
Veriox Wrote:.45 caliber is way too week

I can stand in suplhuric acid in a room filled with vaporised mashed potatoes and pressurisde to the point that it would boil my blood while laughing and farting on a man

I think we can forgo the realism of calibers for a cool name
Weavel Wrote:With the amount of support this is getting, I wouldn't be surprised if it's added eventually! From what I remember, between me and Sundance in the other thread, we've come to the conlcusions here:

- called Robusto .45
- we figured it should have 12 shots and one reload, but either way works fine
- 7 telecrystals
- 3 telecrystals for more ammo
- alternatively, 3 telecrystals for a silencer which removes the red name/muffles sound
- EI NATH-styled execution in a seperate tab; you don't want it to be a Harm-intent point blank trigger, else you'll keep accidentlly doing it! It should cost 1 bullet and about 7ish seconds, and make them uncloneable

In regards to armour/knockback, I think you've got the right idea; it's too powerful to be stopped by puny Sec armour, and unarmoured people should get a little knockback, but maybe the Riot Gear or the Cap's suit might be more resilient?

I think I've got ideas for other gun-related fun, but I'll leave it up to you if you want this topic to become more general.

also if this gets implimented I'm looking forwards to seeing the Detective going all Max Payne and dual-wielding guns to stun then execute dudes

I like the sound of everything Weavel said here, especially the altered execution function and the silencer. The option to go stealth or rampage would make it a very cool item, since it would give the Detective the ability to use it for almost any objective.
you can't silence a revolver, they don't work that way