Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Traitor Items Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Signal Jammer is perhaps the most useful thing in my opinion out of the common traitor items. It's a godsend when you need to deal with targets and make sure they don't scream your name out when the first hit doesn't knock them out.
the derringer sucks and the *wink-thing is broken
Quote:The secret storage changes form to look like emergency gas mask!
You have added the emergency gas mask to the backpack.
You have added the hand tele to the emergency gas mask.
You have added Captain's spare ID to the emergency gas mask.

Please change the "noisy" behaviour of the stealth storage container. At the moment, using it will generate very obvious text messages and render it somewhat useless, but if it would behave like silent jumpsuit pockets, I'll probably order the thing occasionally for e. g. the steal-tons-of-useless-items objective. It's arguably also overpriced in comparison to trick cigarettes and the Detomatrix cartridge.

Apart from that, I can agree with the suggestions regarding the syringe gun and crossbow. The gun isn't practical at all to reload in combat and I think even has an unique in-hand sprite. That also applies to the crossbow, plus it's rather loud with a distinctive firing sound. In conclusion, please...
- switch both to the generic (revolvers, tasers etc.) in-hand spire,
- remove or at least reduce the loudness of the crossbow's report.
I forgot to mention: the floor closet is actually rather good in some situations, I just wish it would dynamically adapt itself to the tile it's standing on, i. e. use the same texture.
I also use the signal jammer, I find it most useful when I'm killing people while staying in my post. QM traitors benefit very highly from jammers in particular. It does sort of help that headsets are currently provided by Discount Dan's, though, so if someone fails to transmit the odd message or two they don't think anything of it.

As for the topic at hand:
I have only used the stealth container once due to the noisy, obvious messages from earlier. It would be nice if it was whitewashed to "box" externally, or the messages were simply eliminated.

Never have used the chem grenade kit because I'm more used to causing Scientist mayhem with igniter-beaker assemblies like people mentioned.

I like the mini-rad, the fact that it recharges without input from me is so freaking nice. The firing noise needs to go, though, it's absurd that it's just as audible as the Detective firing off his revolver.

I've never used the Syndicate robot suit because of notes about it being bugged with the default law set, and the huge usefulness of the emag to the Roboticist. Few things are quite as funny as watching 3 normal medibots and 3 emagged medibots fight eachother for supremacy of the Medbay lobby, and if you want to kill people, a team of emagged floorbots in the maintenance shafts will cause horrors very quickly.

I've never screwed with the fogger at all, and the last time I saw it used the traitor was butchered by Security very quickly so yeah.

I don't think I'd ever use the syringe gun unless it did something more special. Reloading via chemical feeding sounds like a good idea, but there also needs to be a default chemical in it if you don't have it loaded - sleep toxin if nothing else. As it stands the weapon is only good if you loaded it with a theoretical witch's brew that knocked someone into crit/death near instantly upon being struck.
Convair880 Wrote:I forgot to mention: the floor closet is actually rather good in some situations, I just wish it would dynamically adapt itself to the tile it's standing on, i. e. use the same texture.
I also agree with this. Having a floor closet in a dark Maintenance corner would be extremely handy, but we currently can't do this because it won't shift to plating.
I really want the stealth storage to just not give a message.
Stealth storage shouldn't have messages. I acknowledge that it would be kind of noticeable if a guy was somehow shoving gear into a fire extinguisher, but it's barely stealthy as it is since Sec is just going to strip you and examine everything you own if they catch you doing something shady.

Instead of quieting the radbow, maybe remove the GIANT HORRIFYING OH GOD HE JUST SHOT YOU MESSAGE. The noise and screen blur would give away that they had been shot, but if it's supposed to be a little tiny thing that you shove in your pocket and which shoots a bolt of pure radiation (how it shoots radiation with a bowstring is beyond me), it shouldn't be immediately traced back to you in a crowd, at least if fired at point-blank range.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:Stealth storage shouldn't have messages. I acknowledge that it would be kind of noticeable if a guy was somehow shoving gear into a fire extinguisher, but it's barely stealthy as it is since Sec is just going to strip you and examine everything you own if they catch you doing something shady.

Instead of quieting the radbow, maybe remove the GIANT HORRIFYING OH GOD HE JUST SHOT YOU MESSAGE. The noise and screen blur would give away that they had been shot, but if it's supposed to be a little tiny thing that you shove in your pocket and which shoots a bolt of pure radiation (how it shoots radiation with a bowstring is beyond me), it shouldn't be immediately traced back to you in a crowd, at least if fired at point-blank range.

This. Having used it (unsuccessfully) and being hit with it (successfully), the twang isn't the problem; it's that notice. Hell, I can be stabbed by a sleepy pen or stung by a changeling without notice. The rad-bow already has a projectile; why not get rid of the notice? The radiation marker AND the loss of health is enough of an indication that someone's packing the damn thing.
Syndicate Traitors need more spy gear. It would allow for more complex objectives and let them do something other than rampage. These devices are for the most part pretty cool and anyone can get around them by being extra paranoid.

1) The Spy Cam: This is a small device that can be dropped on the floor (and maybe hidden under stuff), hidden in a locker, or stuck under a table. It comes with a remote handheld viewer that allows the user to see and hear through the camera's eye, much like the AI's surveilance cam works. While using the viewer, the operator would be distracted and possibly prone to griefing, so it's best to hide. before spying.

The Spy Cam is not invisible in any way (except that it can be stuck under tables, sort of like a monkey) so an observant HoP or whoever might want to search his office for bugs from time to time. It might be cool if it always defaulted to the bottom of a stack of items, so you'd be able to pitch it across a room and stick it under a chair or whatever.

This tool is excellent for performing remote assassinations via bomb, or making sure the coast is clear before breaking into the bridge to steal money or whatever.

2) Supersonic Transceiver: This little device emits an inaudible whine that happens to be the perfect frequency to break glass. While the station's high-quality molitz windows are too durable to be affected, lighter glass such as light bulbs, light tubes, glass containers, eyeglasses, flashes, and robuddy/computer screens are prone to breakage. Thermal goggles are not destroyed, but anyone wearing them will be subject to distracting visual disruptions--IE sudden and major variations in light, or static interference.

While active, this device makes you invisible to AI cameras, though eyebots and cyborgs use more sophisticated technology and may still notice you. This device has been known to cause severe headaches in mind-control implanted subjects.

3) Night Vision Goggles: A perfect companion to the above, night vision goggles allow the wearer to see almost perfectly in the dark. This can make all the difference in a firefight, or allow the agent to get the drop on their target in complete darkness. A simple warning: Do not get flashed while wearing these.

4) Faraday Suit: This suit has a network of nanomolecular superconductors woven right into the high-quality polyester, designed exactly to NT-108 Unisex Assistant Jumpsuit specifications, making it virtually undetectable in the field. The suit takes a standard power cell in a concealed pocket, and will deploy some of that charge to counter and nullify incoming electrical attacks. When equipped with a fully charged standard power cell, lab tests show that the suit can absorb as many as three incoming taser or stun baton attacks, and may additionally help against shocked doors or grilles.

Recharging the suit is as simple as recharging or replacing the power cell inside. Please note that this weapon provides no defense against lasers, bullets, weldingtools, fire extinguishers, batons that have been turned off and are being used as clubs, and choking.

5) Holographic Decoy: This is a device with several charges. When activated, it creates a holographic duplicate of the user which runs around randomly. Spamming this button is highly recommended. Once this device has been depleted, it can not be recharged.

6) Sentry Gun: The sentry gun is actually a small stationary turret that can be hidden inside of any one of the following: A box, a briefcase, a backpack, a garbage chute, a mail chute. A small computer on the turret can be keyed to attack either anyone that isn't wearing your ID, or to attack anyone wearing the ID of a specific person on the crew manifest.

The weapon uses burst fire and .22 rounds, small enough to shred flesh and break glass, but perhaps less effective against metal walls and body armor. Once the gun is out of ammunition it can be reloaded if the agent has purchased the optional ammo pack, otherwise, it becomes pretty darn useless.

#4 may need to be set to use a gun charger instead as jerks could potentially load up on power cells and be infinitely unarrestable. Otherwise these are unassailable and cool ideas and i am great
MollyMillions Wrote:4) Faraday Suit: This suit has a network of nanomolecular superconductors woven right into the high-quality polyester, designed exactly to NT-108 Unisex Assistant Jumpsuit specifications, making it virtually undetectable in the field. The suit takes a standard power cell in a concealed pocket, and will deploy some of that charge to counter and nullify incoming electrical attacks. When equipped with a fully charged standard power cell, lab tests show that the suit can absorb as many as three incoming taser or stun baton attacks, and may additionally help against shocked doors or grilles.

Recharging the suit is as simple as recharging or replacing the power cell inside. Please note that this weapon provides no defense against lasers, bullets, weldingtools, fire extinguishers, batons that have been turned off and are being used as clubs, and choking.

I absolutely love the idea of a faraday suit. HOWEVER
I think it would be better if instead of using a full power cell, it used a replaceable empty power cell and charges that when exposed to a shocked door, baton or taser fire. You'd have to keep track of it, and if the cell over-charges, BAM. PDA-sized explosion and now you're on fire. High-capacity power cells would be really sought after then, and you might have some fun sketchy moments of finding a traitor trying to drain power out of cells so they'll have spare empties.
getting water splashed or foamed on you or slipping on a wet floor should shock the shit out of you
Faraday-suit traitor detected, alert, alert - deploy the Janitor at once
Cogwerks Wrote:traitor detected, alert, alert - deploy the Janitor at once
Anything that allows this statement to come into existence has got my seal of approval.
I like all of these.The spy-cam is really good and I'm surprised these aren't in the game yet. The transciever + goggles seems like it will make a fun combination.

One thing about the night vision goggles is that they kind of feel like the traitor version of thermals (because thermals extend your view range quite a bit while allowing you to see people in darkness/through walls). For this to be a sensible buy over stealing some thermals from the HoS locker or whatever, either thermals need to be worse (I prefer this option anyway) or the goggles need to be a little better.

I like the idea of the Faraday suit building up a charge every time you are hit until the battery explodes, like Cogwerks said(Although if the battery can explode, maybe it should take ONE more hit... ). A cool risk/reward thing for traitors, and it allows them to be a little bit more tricky with escaping arrest/taking out a single target in similar ways as the other enemy roles.