Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RANDOM: am i insane or do flamers do way more
been observing blobs now and then and i swear flamer spam was tolerable before because people only got to use flamer on a given tile once every second or two
nowadays i see entire reinforced tiles dissapear and less than a second?

these poor blobbos who dont have fire res and ectos up in time...
(03-09-2024, 12:47 PM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: been observing blobs now and then and i swear flamer spam was tolerable before because people only got to use flamer on a given tile once every second or two
nowadays i see entire reinforced tiles dissapear and less than a second?

these poor blobbos who dont have fire res and ectos up in time...

I remember not too long ago people were putting special chemicals in the flamers that would make them kill the blob nucleus nearly instantly. Although I’m not sure if that is still a thing as I haven’t seen it too recently.

Regardless, fire does feel a bit stronger against blobs than it used to, like, to the point where it is impossible to fight without fire res or ecto membranes. If the using special chems thing was nerfed then I’m not sure why that is.
Deathmixes are one part of it, but also, iirc, there was a flamethrower rework a while ago that gave them a "full-auto" mode, and I believe that is what's allowing people to spam flamethrowers. I remember someone suggesting that the full-auto mode be restricted to the nuke ops flamethrower, and that'd sound about right to me.
Why do people need full auto?? what?
(03-09-2024, 02:26 PM)Spoodle Wrote: Deathmixes are one part of it, but also, iirc, there was a flamethrower rework a while ago that gave them a "full-auto" mode, and I believe that is what's allowing people to spam flamethrowers. I remember someone suggesting that the full-auto mode be restricted to the nuke ops flamethrower, and that'd sound about right to me.

Nah, the full auto mode is there 1+ year. And it got nerfed a bunch already.

To my knowledge people use fire extinguishers to spread carbon tetrachloride on the floor and spray it with cfl3 from a flamer. Cfl3+tetrachloride creates a 1x1 explosion.

In short, people spam massive amount of explosions that shred blobs.
Sounds like people are doing some chemistry and it turns out to work well against blobs.
Ill comment on this as I have used the chem mix mentioned here I feel like the main issue with blob against flame throwers is how blob tiles recognize damage from fire. As of right now blob tiles take damage from fire every single time they are hit by a flame or a flame spawns on top of them with no cool down for how often they can get hit. This was not a issue when flame throwers had one mode only and could shoot like once every two seconds but with full auto flamers can hit a blob tile around four times a second which deals so much damage that you can kill a nucleous in around 30 seconds solo. This gets way worse when you combine it with the death mix mentioned which is not only so easy to make that you can make 1000's of units in 2-3 mins without prep, but also abuses the fact blobs dont have a hit cool down by spamming fire chem reactions on top of the regular flame itself that can kill a nucleus in around 5 seconds or less.

In my opinion something that could go a long way for blob is to make it so tiles can only take damage once a second or half a second by fire so you can delete entire sections of flame resistant tiles in seconds.
(03-09-2024, 03:33 PM)Meggal Bozale Wrote: Why do people need full auto?? what?

because its cool as hell
(03-11-2024, 11:20 AM)rando212 Wrote: In my opinion something that could go a long way for blob is to make it so tiles can only take damage once a second or half a second by fire so you can delete entire sections of flame resistant tiles in seconds.

This sounds like a great suggestion to get the cheese under control.
Having the tiles themselves not dissolve in mere seconds sounds fair for all involved tbh, i dont see why a standard weapon should shred blobs. with normal welding fuel. which is limitless on station.