Osiris Jones/Hephasto for HoS
Usual Character Name: Osiris Jones/Osiris, Bot of the Dead
BYOND Username: Hephasto
Recommended by (if applicable): Weavel, Haine, TheHman03
Times Available: 1:00am-6:00am, 9:00am-1:00pm MST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

I'd like to preface this application by saying that my goal isn't necessarily to "fix" Security. This isn't a crusade on my part. In my 10+ months on goonstation, I've played security a fair amount. Like any role on the station, I've had some good rounds and some bad rounds. From these experiences, I've learned what makes for good sec and what makes for bad sec. One thing people enjoy most about the average round of SS13 is the slow escalation of general chaos as time progresses. Medbay inevitably getting bombed. EVA (or any similar equipment repository) being looted like a Roman border fort in the way of some rampaging Visigoths. What makes the role of sec interesting, and for me fun, is that you are the only *legitimate* force (read: fuck vigilantes) opposing this ever increasing entropy.

As has been said many times before, the best sec should act as shield for the station and not a sword. This means more than just running down and taking out obvious traitors. More should be done to discourage break-ins, but only in situations when it actually matters. Scuffles should be broken up when they get out of hand. You should make sure that when someone pushes over the Captain it's only to fart on them and nothing more sinister. Any Captain who orders you to arrest someone for farting on them should be laughed off the security frequency. They are clearly not Captain material and nepotism is the only explanation for them holding the post.

I don't think anything I've said so far is particularly ground-breaking or radical. It's just simply my take on the job. Having said that, I think it all fits fairly nicely with the current culture of sec. From what I've read, this is a culture that has gone through several iterations over the years and is now in a spot that a lot of people are happy with. What I hope to do here then, is to take these practices and attitudes that I've acquired and lead by example. Sec has a bad rap as a terrible job to play. I'd like to show that this simply isn't the case.

Failing that, I'd like to establish security as my own personal fiefdom. I will rule with an iron first, mercilessly dispatching any who challenge my authority in a hail of laser fire and harm batoning. Officers will not be tested on competence and skill, but solely on ideological purity. All who fail my personal standards will be stripped of their position and delivered to the chef for processing. The courtroom will be host to public executions and nothing else. A torrent of blood will wash away all but the strongest and most loyal.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

When I first started, I avoided security roles like the plague. There's a big scary warning on the wiki about the increased scrutiny that sec roles (rightly) receive. I was worried I wasn't robust enough. Then after reaching a point were I'd played every other role a month or two in, I decided to give it a shot. It went just fine. Well, it went as fine as anything in SS13 is going to go. Since then, I've played security off and on pretty extensively. Sec officer is one of my favorite roles to play, though it has recently been supplanted by the detective.

The main takeaway from my time in sec is that coordination is key. You will die if you go in alone. Guaranteed. Even if you don't, no one is going to give you any medals. This pretty much applies to any antag type. Due to the sheer danger they pose, lings are your biggest priority when confirmed. Apathy to lings is going to get large number of people killed. They should be hunted in teams of no less than two, with three being preferable. Wizards should also be marked for hunting. Some wizards are a fire-ball spewing, sarin-golem summoning, bearded murderers who deserve death at the first opportunity. Other wizards are friendly wizards who also deserve death at the first opportunity for entirely different reasons (being gross).

Regular ol' traitors are bit more tricky. As the primary driving behind the action in a round, they deserve some nuance. Rampagers should generally be put down. If it's incredibly early in the round, they should be put down that much harder. Subtle and or entertaining traitors should be "rewarded" by you not coming down on them like a ton of bricks. However, I don't believe in ever letting traitors go. If you do traitor things and get caught, you should be punished. Confiscate traitor gear or other dangerous items, brig them, and move on. Some of my best rounds have been when a brigged traitor is released and declares a vendetta. Also, if there are no consequences for getting caught as traitor, why should they bother not trying to get caught?

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

At present, my biggest problem with the brig is that it's never used. Seriously, brig more people. Also, I'd prefer there be some way to stop captains and sechops from raiding the gear storage in sec proper. That'd be nice. Oh, and more donuts. A lot more donuts.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Why does everyone forget about Donkey?

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
While I've been yelled at over PM once or twice, I don't think I've ever been banned.

Well, there's my application. I've been up for awhile now so I hope it's coherent and not too stream of consciousnessy.
Yes, as far as my personal experiences go with him he's always been a good'un. Give him the beret.
I've seen you play sec. You're pretty chill, and I've never had a bad experience being arrested by you (about 5 times).
Well suited for the dumb hat.
Still a yes from me, most definitely!
Very yes, really good guy and competent cop.
During a short conversation with Osiris Jones, he proved himself (or herself, my apologies) both tolerant and demonstrating a decent problem solving ability (deciphering what I meant while I was drunk, whilst not seeming aggressive at all - something truly rare for me while I'm boozing), so I'd recommend 'im.

I've also seen him as a borg while I'm sober, and he was quite agreeable then.

(sondbird isn't funny)
Osiris has always been a dependable and fair sec guy. Definitely an aye.
There aren't a ton of great officers on 4 lately but this dude was a nice change. Dependable and respectful, robust too.

Yes from me.
Accepted!