Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is creepy?
but it IS kind of creepy for ss13 standards? it just feels strange and sexual even if it's not.

tbh i'd be glad if it was done away with. it really just doesnt fit with goonstation??
LinkDaWolf Wrote:but it IS kind of creepy for ss13 standards? it just feels strange and sexual even if it's not.

tbh i'd be glad if it was done away with. it really just doesnt fit with goonstation??

SS13 has no standards.

Tweaking nipples doesn't hurt anyone or anything and doesn't have any sexual connotation unless -you- or whomever decides to make it sexual by ERP'ing or whatever. It's just shows a dumb message in chat and that is all.

If you guys insist on absolutely removing something from the game then delete the assless chaps that you can get in novelty costume crates.

Like I always say, we're playing a game where we play as farting spacemen that try to murder each other in the most gruesome of ways: your skin needs to get thicker.

If someone is outright being vile and incredibly sexual with features in the game, ban that person.
The case is kinda borderline. While I'm not gonna demand it should be removed, I did bring up it's existence because "blah blah tweaks his nipples. That's sexy!" Seemed a little out of place.

My opinion is: if there's a group of people who are creeped out by the thing and the only argument you have for keeping it is "lol it's funny grow a thicker skin scrub hue hue *fart", then it's highly likely that it's literally adding nothing to the game and you wouldn't even miss it so why not remove it?
It's a cost benefit scenario. The cost is negligible (it's not that funny of a joke in the best of cases and outright weird in the worst of cases) and the benefit is worthwhile (a number of people can game in a safer atmosphere). There's no reason not to except the constant demand the people who play this game have to maintain the status quo, which to be honest is kindof shitty. Ss13 could really benefit from a healthier, less hostile atmosphere in general.
Winklabom Wrote:Tweaking nipples doesn't hurt anyone or anything and doesn't have any sexual connotation unless -you- or whomever decides to make it sexual by ERP'ing or whatever. It's just shows a dumb message in chat and that is all.

I gotta agree with this.

It is a bit borderline by most standards but the logic behind removing it because the offended person's mind immediately jumps to sex is kinda flawed...by that same argument we should remove the "smells like something died here!" message because it promotes necrophilia.

I once had a client that periodically streaked the hallways of a foster home and I had to ask the local abuse reporter if this qualified as sexual abuse to anyone who witnessed it.
He said something quite enlightening (to me at least...), he said "No that's just silliness, anything sexual would be in the mind of the observer."

...granted it occasionally literally says "that's kinda creepy" but I think that's more for the purposes of comedy than anything...
UrsulaMejor Wrote:It's a cost benefit scenario. The cost is negligible (it's not that funny of a joke in the best of cases and outright weird in the worst of cases) and the benefit is worthwhile (a number of people can game in a safer atmosphere). There's no reason not to except the constant demand the people who play this game have to maintain the status quo, which to be honest is kindof shitty. Ss13 could really benefit from a healthier, less hostile atmosphere in general.

I'm sorry but people who feel "threatened" by a line of text saying that a 2D internet spaceman is tweaking their nipples should not be playing the game anyways.

In fact, they should not be on the internet, watch TV, read books, listen to the radio, or go to the cinema because there are far more gruesome, violent, gross, and evil in those things than there are in Goonstation at this very moment.
Buzzbomb Wrote:He said something quite enlightening (to me at least...), he said "No that's just silliness, anything sexual would be in the mind of the observer."
I agree with this 100%. It's something I've always said.
Winklabom Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:It's a cost benefit scenario. The cost is negligible (it's not that funny of a joke in the best of cases and outright weird in the worst of cases) and the benefit is worthwhile (a number of people can game in a safer atmosphere). There's no reason not to except the constant demand the people who play this game have to maintain the status quo, which to be honest is kindof shitty. Ss13 could really benefit from a healthier, less hostile atmosphere in general.

I'm sorry but people who feel "threatened" by a line of text saying that a 2D internet spaceman is tweaking their nipples should not be playing the game anyways.

In fact, they should not be on the internet, watch TV, read books, listen to the radio, or go to the cinema because there are far more gruesome, violent, gross, and evil in those things than there are in Goonstation at this very moment.

*flip

How about this. Give me one benefit that it brings. A good thing. A positive. I don't want to hear any victim blaming ("it's THEIR fault for being offended"), i want to hear one honest-to-goodness thing it contributes.

For example, some people might be offended by limb removal, but the system provides a level of damage in between "dead" and "only walking a little slower", and it's kinda funny to slap someone with their own arm and scream "STOP HITTING YOURSELF". IT provides a mixture of comedic and logistical elements to the game that would cost more to remove than it would benefit someone else to remove just for their feelings sake.

So what does nipple tweaking bring to the table that's worth defending so much? If it's, as you say, not a big deal (to you, since apparently it is a big deal to some people), why are you so mad about anyone suggesting it should be removed?
I guess nipple tweaking is just something I always considered a sexual thing? Around where I grew up anyway.
And I don't really understand how it can be considered a non-sexual thing, but if people see it as harmless fun then I guess theres nothing I can do about it.

Though that "anything sexual is in your mind" (and variations of it) is usually a pretty poor defense used by people who try to skirt around rules.
Conor12 Wrote:Pretty sure it exists to embarrass people who don't know what they're doing and grab themselves.

The message itself might say the guy is creepy.
Kaet Wrote:Though that "anything sexual is in your mind" (and variations of it) is usually a pretty poor defense used by people who try to skirt around rules.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/12/islam ... esemblance
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I don't want to hear any victim blaming ("it's THEIR fault for being offended"),
Don't you dare bring that kinda talk into a game about 2D spacemen farting.
KikiMofo Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I don't want to hear any victim blaming ("it's THEIR fault for being offended"),
Don't you dare bring that kinda talk into a game about 2D spacemen farting.
Yeah. You're right, sorry. That phrase was a little outta line.
Winklabom Wrote:Tweaking nipples doesn't hurt anyone or anything and doesn't have any sexual connotation unless -you- or whomever decides to make it sexual by ERP'ing or whatever.

Tweaking your nipples doesn't carry any sexual connotations? Please explain to me what connotations it does carry, then, because I'll bet you that I can search "nipple tweaking" up on google and get an endless list of sexual things that do not belong on the server.
Walrus Wrote:I'll bet you that I can search "nipple tweaking" up on google and get an endless list of sexual things that do not belong on the server.

somehow none of these things are on the server. . . hmm. . .