Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wearing a firesuit should prevent you from getting hotter
Especially when on fire. Seriously these are so bad, and they slow you down. Let them be of some use against wizards and the inevitable giant plasma fires that overrun medbay and the escape arm on a regular basis. And to people that need to repair the engine for whatever reason.
idk what happened to the sticky thread about this mad
mozi Wrote:idk what happened to the sticky thread about this mad
It was sold so QM could buy more erebite from Garg.

But yes FireSuits is a really accurate name for them, as they will make you catch on fire more often then not.
Try working the engine / toxins with and without a firesuit.

They actually protect pretty dang well against atmos heat and they definitely protect you from fire compared to not having one at all.
Spy_Guy Wrote:Try working the engine / toxins with and without a firesuit.

They actually protect pretty dang well against atmos heat and they definitely protect you from fire compared to not having one at all.

Yeah but the whole point of this thread is they don't protect you ENOUGH
How about some kind of temperature resistant material or regent that could be used in the Arc Smelter/fabricators to build firesuits or flame retardant jumpsuits?
Frank_Stein Wrote:How about some kind of temperature resistant material or regent that could be used in the Arc Smelter/fabricators to build firesuits or flame retardant jumpsuits?

Isn't that already a thing? There is a fabricator in the Engineering storage room that makes firesuits.
Fire suits actually protect you really well now. Combined with internals, a fire extinguisher, and a crowbar, you can escape any toxins blaze with minimal damage.

If you want anything more heat resistant, just go to genetics.
poland spring Wrote:

Clearly this game is about introducing one-click immunities to every bad thing that can happen.
Not even worth a slot in your backpack.

It's easier to rush through fires with salicylic acid than a firesuit. One tablet of aspirin is stronger than a bulky suit of space asbestos. The pill no one ever takes is better for fighting the engine than the suits everyone always takes.

This is weird.
Marquesas Wrote:
poland spring Wrote:

Clearly this game is about introducing one-click immunities to every bad thing that can happen.

Marquesas....A flimsy Jacket that works pretty well on regualr fires DOESN'T portect me when i enter my hell burns! Plezz fix or i will complain with all my heart and soul
It doesn't even protect you against normal fires very well, since your body heat rises anyways and you start taking damage very quickly.
Firesuits protect well enough against atmospheric temperature as is, and this works well enough when operating anywhere near a heat source. If the air is hot enough to scorch you in your firesuit, you probably shouldn't be standing around there at that point.

Berrik Wrote:It doesn't even protect you against normal fires very well, since your body heat rises anyways and you start taking damage very quickly.

I don't actually think you should try firewalking just because it's called a firesuit.
They provide a pretty significant reduction, though I'd like to see the Industrial Armor provide even better heat protection than the fire-suits.
Didn't firesuits used to give complete immunity back in the coder art days?