Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New materials science bugs/"bugs"
QM's portable recycler is stuck between a bunch of fabricators and can't be moved.

The new fabricators can't recycle metal/glass/wires which makes things mildly awkward to fabricate.

The Material Scanner devices by the arc smelter now just give a material's name/description/if it has special properties and none of the other information. Not only does this make material-science annoying, but since all fabricator recipes call for general material descriptions instead of specifics now, you can't tell what's "conductive material" or "high-density matter" etc by scanning it. (Post-round I noticed that the wiki had all these listings but still)

Teleporter Upgrades for borgs now require a High-Density Matter, which is not a Telecrystal. That's silly.
Same in Robotics. Robotics Fabricator's not in Comminicate Mode. And They Bug'ing when in there is not much Materials. This Which is enough to do things but it still says that there are not enough.
There seems to be no way to process miracle matter into other materials. FIX THIS SHIT
Communal mode is actually outright gone now due to the old recyclers being gone.

I'm willing to wager the bug regarding the manufacturer not wanting to work when it has enough materials is due to how it counts what it has. I'll figure something out sooner or later.
There's also a rather annoying bug (or feature?) where basically everything will burn if hit with a welding torch. Trying to make pipe bombs now just results in the pipe frame burning into a pile of goo.
Take a glass shard.

Put it in a portable reclaimer, take the glass brick or whatever and put that in a fabricator, now make 10 glass panels.

Put that back in the portable reclaimer and now you will get 10 glass blocks.

Each glass block can make another 10 glass panels.

Each 10 glass panel makes another 10 glass blocks.

Repeat until you've broken the laws of physics enough.

Fortunately I don't think you can't sell glass blocks, otherwise I would have been a rich security officer after discovering this.
atomic1fire Wrote:Take a glass shard.

Put it in a portable reclaimer, take the glass brick or whatever and put that in a fabricator, now make 10 glass panels.

Put that back in the portable reclaimer and now you will get 10 glass blocks.

Each glass block can make another 10 glass panels.

Each 10 glass panel makes another 10 glass blocks.

Repeat until you've broken the laws of physics enough.

Fortunately I don't think you can't sell glass blocks, otherwise I would have been a rich security officer after discovering this.

I love how you can do the same for arc smelter and metal, it's great for covering the station in gold.
Miraculum alloys, when mixed with a metal like Mauxite, do not give the rainbow effect to items when being worn.

This is a travesty.

I was going to have sparkly rainbow heavy armor.
There's no material scanners over at the mining magnet platform smelter.