Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buff killer tomatoes
Right now killer tomatoes are one of the weakest critters in the game. They die to a single hit with almost anything and do laughable damage. Some ideas for buffing them:

-Have them be able to overlap each other, like most other critters

Rather self-explanatory. Part of why they're so weak, as anyone can stand in a doorway and punch them to death one by one. Also more for convenience's sake because growing an average batch will fill up any available space very quickly.

-Make them hit a little harder and be a little harder to kill

Right now I don't think they even stun anyone they attack.

-Have some way of putting them into produce satchels

Mostly because it'd be fun to mail them to people/empty them in crowded areas, although I don't really know how this might be coded.

-Splice them with exploding tomatoes to create killer tomatoes that explode when they die

Also because it'd be amazing.
Why not make the fruit that comes off the plant be a "dormant killer tomato" that will turn into a full fledged one either when removed from a container (eg a produce satchel) or if left alone for 10-15 seconds? That ought to help with part of it.
I think it's fine as is. Most of the mobs in the game are ridiculously robust as it is. Having at least one that dies in one hit is nice.
killer exploding tomatoes, please.
How about different varieties of sentient tomatoes? There will be the default, an exploding variant, Buff muscle tomatoes, friendly ones, weak ankle biter cherry tomatoes, etc.
Why stop at tomatoes?

Why not every kind of normal plant have a living mutation.

Image Weed Rolling it's self up, jumping into your mouth slot, and then auto igniting it's self.

Oh the Horror.
Natsumehack Wrote:Image Weed Rolling it's self up, jumping into your mouth slot, and then auto igniting it's self.

Ah, the exceedingly rare Mexican Jumping Blunt.
Synthbutts should knock you over, and then fart jenkem into you.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:Synthbutts should knock you over, and then fart jenkem into you.
That slightly grosses me out.
DyssalC Wrote:That slightly grosses me out.

Welcome to SS13.
As fun as exploding, sentient, and angry tomatos would be, they probably shouldn't recieve a buff. Mainly because it is entirely possible to make an unholy amount of the tomatos. Far more than any single person, or team of people can possibly hope to fight against.

Anecdotal evidence: after discovering how to make living tomatos, I mutated a few tomato seeds after making sure their increased yield genes were cranked to the max. I then planted about four in the bar so I could make a vegan petting zoo.

Practically every tile of the bar ended with 2-3 tomatos each on them. And every time they spotted someone that wasn't me, they would spam the chat and try to rush him.

Now imagine that, only it takes more than a single hit to down a tomato. Can you imagine the utter hell they could wreak across any who come upon them?
Weavel Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:Image Weed Rolling it's self up, jumping into your mouth slot, and then auto igniting it's self.

Ah, the exceedingly rare Mexican Jumping Blunt.

You know it, watch out for the even more rare deathweed off shoot of the stuff.
Well you know, killer tomatoes are sort of like a lynchmob, since you can get a literal shitton of them, any buff would make them a serious station ruiner.
If There was any kind of buff, I think rather then a real buff, add a new rarer type of tomato mutation that acts like those tomato's from Dome Of Doom.

They Fly and act as space wasps, but you can grow them.