Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove the lavamoon immortality thing or make it harder
There have been more and more shitlord vigilantes abusing it lately and it's just obnoxious. This is why we can't have nice things!
Kill them before they get the shield of souls, or bomb telescience. Be creative, traitors.
That's kind of hard to do when they run off to the lavamoon at the start of the round like speedy fucking gonzalez.
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Kill them before they get the shield of souls, or bomb telescience. Be creative, traitors.
You can't really know when they're going to do it unless you check telescience every time you're a traitor, and even then you can't always trust a scientist to tell you the truth. And if you just indiscriminately bomb telescience every time you're a traitor that's just no fun.
Honestly, soul shield is a bit OP, especially considering that lava moon is insanely easy, except for the fact that you need a second person. I'd support a nerf or removal.
Always disconnect telescience from the mainframe/delete Teleman from the mainframe as a traitor, because telescience guys are usually assholes anyway
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Always disconnect telescience from the mainframe/delete Teleman
Yeah just snip a couple wires and/or use a DWAINEframe to sabotage telescience without even being near them.

Heck, you could even do it from crew quarters as an assistant, i think, if you know the method to spoofing SU privileges
This just sounds like the same thing as people complaining about geneticists using TK being overpowered.

That's kind of the point of its existence. And it's not as overpowered as you'd think since you drop all your stuff each time. Maybe try coming up with a better way to dispose of them?
friggin telescience guys, last time I was traitor, I hacked my way into the captain's room, seeing the spare ID, so I bash the window in order to claim my precious prize : the second I get on the tile near the table, I hear a ZWOOSH and everything vanishes

curse you !

so yeah telescience can't be trusted
Crumplehat Wrote:This just sounds like the same thing as people complaining about geneticists using TK being overpowered.

That's kind of the point of its existence. And it's not as overpowered as you'd think since you drop all your stuff each time. Maybe try coming up with a better way to dispose of them?

The difference is that TK is not a sure thing to get, whereas someone can go to lava moon quite quickly.

And yes, it is overpowered. You can't die, even by gibbing, and you can get out of any situation by just suiciding and then moving with your ghost until you resurrect.
Crumplehat Wrote:This just sounds like the same thing as people complaining about geneticists using TK being overpowered.

You can just lock them down. Immortality doesn't give you magical door opening abilities. If they want to get out, they can't bring their gear. Plus, if you chuck them into the lava, they can't come back.
Except the smart people just insta-suicide whenever they get grabbed or anything bad looks like it's going to happen to them.
Berrik Wrote:Except the smart people just insta-suicide whenever they get grabbed or anything bad looks like it's going to happen to them.

Get beepsky after him. He'll stunlock him.
Noah Buttes Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:Except the smart people just insta-suicide whenever they get grabbed or anything bad looks like it's going to happen to them.

Get beepsky after him. He'll stunlock him.
make sure to set him to "detain", not "Arrest"
Hello, I would like to mention that shield no longer protects you from suicide and therefore serves no purpose for fun.
To clarify, all forms of suicide now make you die permanently.

This includes frying yourself and climbing into the smelter.

Now obviously, this is to prevent dorks from escaping from EVERYTHING that gets thrown at them, but it also takes away half the fun of the shield as a non-antagonist. I propose that the limitation on suicide be reduced to only MOBILE forms of suicide: holding your breath, screwdriver eye stab, cutting your throat, toolbox, etc. The fryer and smelter could hardly be used to escape from anything, so those should stay.