Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hukhukhuk and gorillamydreams, EU server, ~1 hr ago
Conor12 Wrote:For what it's worth this thread got linked in #goonstation and it was called creepy by the players around. Someone tried to ping you at the time but you seemed to be away.

For what it's worth, that's not how it happened last night. All of the active dudes at the time including an op agreed that this was a good complaint.

As I said, I'm not interested in your excuses as to why you don't want the players' opinions - regardless of what you say, it's very clearly because you know their wants do not intersect with your own. But your mind is made up so whatever.
Whether you were being creepy and whether this is a good complaint are two different things. There has been plenty of discussion about how you were dealt with.

And as I said, it was the players' opinions not the admin's. I haven't actually thrown in my personal opinion yet.
I don't think anyone has said that you referring to us as a cabal and conspiracy of ass kissing suckups is a "good complaint". The thing that was agreed on was that you shouldn't have been cluwned for that joke, a warning would be more appropriate.

Anything beyond that, you're on your own. We sure as shit have no desire to remove the rule, although we certainly have been discussing making it a bit more clear. There's no big conspiracy of us trying to hush up the masses and do some kind of big "fuck the players lets advance our own interests" conspiracy going on. Consider the fact that the majority of the admins barely play as regular players, and we are all unpaid volunteers who are dedicating our time to making the experience as enjoyable as possible for the majority of the playerbase. It doesn't really make sense to allege that our interests are in any way different than the players.
bubs Wrote:It doesn't really make sense to allege that our interests are in any way different than the players.

In this case, you would have nothing to worry about.
What?
trtkszyx Wrote:For what it's worth, that's not how it happened last night. All of the active dudes at the time including an op agreed that this was a good complaint.

As I said, I'm not interested in your excuses as to why you don't want the players' opinions - regardless of what you say, it's very clearly because you know their wants do not intersect with your own. But your mind is made up so whatever.

Hi I'm drsingh, I agreed that you should be allowed to post a complaint, not that I agree with your opinions. Hiding your threads and banning you was an error in judgement that was handled quickly. I don't really blame them for not taking this complaint seriously after the way you were talking to them but that's not how we do things around here.
Oh, you mean I wouldn't have anything to worry about if we held a poll to ask if that joke was creepy or something. I'll be honest, I don't think it was explicitly "creepy", and I would also say that the in game rules need to be a bit more specific. The rules on the wiki cover it a bit better;

Quote: Don't be a bigot or creep

Bigotry of any form isn't acceptable on the servers. There is no acceptable excuse for using homophobic, racist or sexist language. We don't care if you are gay, black, Latina/o, etc. in real life. D”on't use bigoted language, period. This also applies to names, including spoonerisms (e.g. "Digger Nick"). Creepiness is also unacceptable. This includes rape jokes, roleplaying sex, sexual harassment/assault or rape. If it involves your genitals, it doesn't belong here. There is absolutely no reason to use the word 'rape' on our servers, in any context, at all, forever. This is neither negotiable nor up for debate.

I bolded the important part. The rules in game, however, also indicate that just because something isn't explicitly stated in the rules that doesn't mean that you won't be punished for doing it. We have all talked about it and the majority of us have agreed that cluwning you was not an appropriate response, so I'm not really sure what you're hoping to accomplish here.
magic mountain Wrote:Hi I'm drsingh, I agreed that you should be allowed to post a complaint, not that I agree with your opinions. Hiding your threads and banning you was an error in judgement that was handled quickly. I don't really blame them for not taking this complaint seriously after the way you were talking to them but that's not how we do things around here.

I am looking through my logs and see

"drsingh: the complaint is 100% right"

so I don't know what you mean by 'I agreed that you should be allowed to post a complaint, not that I agree with your opinions." You pretty clearly did agree with them.
He's saying you have a valid complain originally but all this bullshit about the rule being ~against the player's personal interests~ is clearly something else and entirely shit and you're just doing it to get some attention.
Wire Wrote:He's saying you have a valid complain originally but all this bullshit about the rule being ~against the player's personal interests~ is clearly something else and entirely shit and you're just doing it to get some attention.

I don't know what you mean about 'trying to get some attention.' I am trying to highlight the fact that the server's players largely do not give a shit about this goony anti-sex garbage you force on the server.
Well usually goons as a whole are associated with creepy sexual shit anyway sooooooo

Also: they are our servers, we make the rules. It seems like a perfectly reasonable one too. Just don't be fucking creepy. Someone even posted the wiki rule definition earlier. It's pretty clear cut. Why do you want to be so creepy so much?
trtkszyx Wrote:
Wire Wrote:He's saying you have a valid complain originally but all this bullshit about the rule being ~against the player's personal interests~ is clearly something else and entirely shit and you're just doing it to get some attention.

I don't know what you mean about 'trying to get some attention.' I am trying to highlight the fact that the server's players largely do not give a shit about this goony anti-sex garbage you force on the server.

That doesn't matter. Our host gives a shit and that's why we do it.
Haha so you mean rick forces you to have those policies

I should've known that actually
That's actually not why we do it. Even if rick disappeared forever tomorrow we wouldn't remove the rule.
bubs Wrote:That's actually not why we do it. Even if rick disappeared forever tomorrow we wouldn't remove the rule.

I am getting conflicting answers here