Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hukhukhuk and gorillamydreams, EU server, ~1 hr ago
I didn't remember saying 'uptight retards' but I guess I did yeah. I don't know what to say about that other than it was frustrating being casually cluwned over a joke that deserved no punishment.
Really? You happen to not remember that particular detail from your entire angry ranting? I find that curious.
Yeah I'm sure it seems convenient that the log begins shortly after that, but that's actually where BYOND ran out of text space.

[Image: Z2EpdM5.png]
If you like I am more than happy to copypaste the entire incident. And since every single admin usually leaves themselves logged and idling in the IRC I have no shortage of witnesses in case you want to declare something like doctored logs.
There's nothing wrong with getting rude in adminhelp, everyone's allowed to have opinions. The point of that don't piss off the admins rule is we're unpaid babysitters for a BYOND game and nobody wants to put up with abuse.

I agree that cluwneing was too harsh for the situation, it's definitely borderline on the rule. Wasn't intentionally creepy but we don't want to hear about sex here, even as a joke. A centcom announcement or ooc about the rule would have worked fine here.

As for the ban, you said "ban me so I can add it to my complaint." What did you think would happen? Kids these days.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:If you like I am more than happy to copypaste the entire incident. And since every single admin usually leaves themselves logged and idling in the IRC I have no shortage of witnesses in case you want to declare something like doctored logs.

Nothing was said inbetween what you pasted and what I pasted, so it's just be a waste of space.
imo the only valid part of this complaint is that a warning should have been dished out first
but frankly your attitude is so caustic i think even that would have resulted in you going apeshit anyway
ISaidNo Wrote:imo the only valid part of this complaint is that a warning should have been dished out first
but frankly your attitude is so caustic i think even that would have resulted in you going apeshit anyway
Pretty much this. I don't think I would have cluwned you, my inability to do so notwithstanding, but I have a feeling that even if you had just been given a "Hey, cut that out," you still would have freaked out about it.
At the end of the day, what you did was against the rules here. If you have something against the rule you broke, that's fine, but freaking out and insulting the admins that punished you for breaking it was never gunna get you anywhere. You probably wouldn't have been suspected of being a ban evader if you had just chilled out, this complaint would've had more weight to it, and there could have been a more serious discussion of the rule itself. I doubt the rule would change, nor can I say I'd want it to, but you would have had a much easier time bringing the topic up.
Yeah attitude is everything. Nobody's asking you to prostrate yourself before the almighty computer janitor, but calling them retarded virgins while demanding that they poll the users about whether a rule should be applied or not is not going to end well. Appending your argument with 'Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: please do go ahead and ban me for arguing with you so i can add that to my complaitn' is just icing on the cake.

Wait this one out, and pull your head out of your ass in the meantime. If you're going to keep this shitty attidude up when you return, don't be surprised if the next ban is longer. Like it or not, the server is not meant to align itself with your opinions solely - lots and lots of other people play this game too, and a big part of the job of adminning is to balance the rules so that everyone has a chance to have fun. Often that means that some folks don't get to have fun in the exact way they would like, and you have two options for dealing with that: Either make your own server and maintain it yourself, thus guaranteeing that it meets your exacting needs, or deal with it.

Here's the log snippet you posted in the thread that got shithoused, in case you were wondering where I got the retarded virgin bit:

Code:
(truncated by byond text field length, and paraphrased from my poor memory)
[I get cluwned]
HELP: Trtks/(cluwne): what kind of conservative christian hellhole is this where i get banned for making an ERP joke
PM: GorillaMyDreams/()->Trtks/(cluwne): You don't look banned to me
HELP: Trtks/(cluwne): do you uptight retards really get offended by '*penisin *penisout' following a joke about 'remember to erp correctly'
[I get gibbed (rip rick)]
From GMD: Is that better?
(end of bad memory, beginning of non-truncated logs)
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: you're a comedy genius dude
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: i doubt anyone else has done the epic power abuse schtick before
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: are you a virgin or something, can you explain this unnatural aversion to any mention of sex
Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: You sure are mad for making a dumb joke that's not kosher with the rules
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: does the mere thought of peepees meeting bother you somehow
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: how is it not 'kosher with the rules' you retar
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: d
Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: No creepiness basically. You and the other cutting edge comedian were dealt with
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: can you do me one favor then
WARNING: An admin is likely very cross with you and wants you to read the rules right fucking now!
Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: There I already did it. Read up!
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: make a strawpoll and post is in ooc showing my joke and have the options be 'were you creeped out by this'
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: because i'm sensing the problem here is you think 'i didn't find this funny' means 'this is creepy!'
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: that isn't i nfact what creepy means at all, and it's not a label you apply to anything you disliek
[short interval]
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: i am waiting dude, you said it was creepy so this should be in the bag for you
[long interval]
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: did you run out of shitty retorts
Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: I'm not even saying anything and you're just raging on and on over making a joke in bad taste and being cluwned for it
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: it is not a joek in bad taste
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's 'creepy' or 'in bad taste', the server does not exist to cater to you
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: i am making the serious suggestion that you survey the server's current users to see if that joke creeped them otu
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: and if the answer is yes, permaban me
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: is no, apoligize
Admin PM from-Arikie: The rules are simple, We don't appreciate anything related to sexual creepiness, ERP or related jokes, even ironically.
Reply PM to-Arikie: if you're in the right here, this is a free ticket to permaban me
Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: We never said anything about a ban calm down
Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: scroll up and read what i said
[long interval]
HELP:  You: hi i would prefer if i'm not ignored
HELP:  You: i am a valued player!
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: honestly, i didnt think it was funny.
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: i didn't ask if it was funny, i asked you to survey the current server population whether they think it was 'creepy'
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: and if the answer is generally yes (50%) permaban me, if not, admit fault
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: how has it not occured to you retards by now that this ridiculous stance on anything related to sex even tangentially is suppressing fun
HELP:  You: you are treating a game server like it's a church
[long interval]
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: Just gonna ask you to stop. Punishments are a case by case basis, maybe another admin might not care so much, but yeah just try and stay away from the stuff.
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: to stop what
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: also what 'stuff'
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: Look, ive dealt with a bunch of people like you who thought they were some kind of super comedian with their sex jokes or whatever. Im honestly pretty sick of it and just tell people to knock it off anytime i see it.
HELP:  You: can you dudes explain to me how this isn't offensive yet what i said was
HELP:  You: Jonas Cherry exclaims, "FEMALES ARE SUPERIOR TO MEN!"
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: Yeah ill deal with that in a bit, but dude, just knock it off please
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: it sounds like you've also dealt with some childhood indoctrination based on your christian-style attitude towards sex
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: man, so defensive with your attacks, im just asking to stop something that wasnt funny to begin with
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: it was plenty funny
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: you could add that to the strawpoll
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: 'was this funny'
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: maybe to you? the server isnt catering to you only.
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: no, to pretty muych everyone who isn't one of the admin clique
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: oh well, if you're just going to ramp it up in the future, i dont see a point in keeping you here.
Reply PM to-HukHukHuk: please do go ahead and ban me for arguing with you so i can add that to my complaitn
You have been banned by hukhukhuk.
Reason: Take a deep breath. Chill out for a sec, maybe you arent the worlds best comedian..
To try to resolve this matter head to http://forum.ss13.co
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 1 Days.
Stefan Kleist says, "Oh for fucks sake"
Connection died.
[quote="popecrunch"]Like it or not, the server is not meant to align itself with your opinions solely - lots and lots of other people play this game too, and a big part of the job of adminning is to balance the rules so that everyone has a chance to have fun.

I'm pretty sure I said 3-4 times now that I don't want it to align itself with my opinions solely, but you refuse to go through with my suggestion because you know the result would not end up how you want.
Wait did I miss something? What is your suggestion?
Wire Wrote:Wait did I miss something? What is your suggestion?

To poll the playerbase about whether or not those jokes were 'creepy'. You said that the server's rules should cater to everyone, rather than any small group, so it only makes sense that those should be the people deciding what's 'creepy' and what isn't.
Look, the cluwning was a bit much, but whether or not what you did breaks the "creepy" rule is not up for debate here. I'm quite frankly not even sure why you want to argue this so much, does it really matter that much that you can talk about penises in a 2D spaceman game? Now sure I'd be angry about being cluwned over this too, but your response of just flagrant abuse and a seeming lack of confidence in the admin staff in general seems really uncalled for.

Furthermore we aren't going to be basing the rules on popular vote because that's just dumb and only ends in disaster.
Our rules are not up for questioning nor are they subject to the whims of the screaming masses. We decide the rules and the players follow them, that's that. Oh and before you say it: no it isn't because we're afraid it "won't end up how we want it".

I am deeply deeply sorry you can't erotic roleplay your favorite furry fantasy on our servers.
For what it's worth this thread got linked in #goonstation and it was called creepy by the players around. Someone tried to ping you at the time but you seemed to be away.