The Pooch's HoS app
Usual Character Name: The Pooch
BYOND Username: Bobsedgws
Recommended by (if applicable): Jenny something, Herr_spy_guy, Haine
Times Available: Whenever I'm free, usually night (I'm GMT +12)

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
I've been recommended by a few people (such as Herr_spy_guy and Haine) and I like playing sec from time to time. Also I think I'm good at it and I think I'd be alright at keeping sec in line if I hear of any shit sec happening. I wouldn't play it every time but I think I'd enjoy giving it a go. I'm a fairly level headed person who will probably never kill someone who's in custody, the only time I would kill someone as HoS would be if they were in active combat and even than I'd probably go for the cuffs rather than spamming lasers into them. Makes the game more fun you see.

People who get mad about 2d spacemans are hilarious to me. I will make every effort to troll them, inside the game and during dead chat - making sure I don't become a shitler myself in the process of course. This can involve brig time and then talking to them from the other side of the glass, or buckle cuffing two dudes in interrogation and trying to get them to talk their differences out. When they inevitably resist their cuffs off in the brig they go (assuming I don't get outrobusted, which happens more than I care to admit.)

Basicly I'm applying because I want to give HoS a go - maybe try to have a briefing type thing for any sec officers who stick around at the start of the round talking about things like flash - baton - taser and when to use each, or how to make stun gloves, or appropiate punishments, or how to issue tickets. Then I get to feel smug if any sec who ignored those start of round briefings wind up being shit sec.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
I think I've been playing Security/Detective for around a year now with the occasional break. Mostly it's about being reasonable and trying to make sure people don't die. This is best accomplished by grabbing a medkit and a set of prodocs and healing anyone who's hurt, restocking at the nearest med dispenser and repeating. Also having a toolbelt and insulated gloves doesn't hurt in case of rogue AI or low power, or if someone somehow gets stuck on the wrong side of the glass.

Maybe a third of my sec experience revolves around chasing known traitors or changlings, and generally when I do I wind up dead due to my utter lack of robustness. I'm better at keeping people alive, breaking up fights with stuns, drags, cuffs if necessary and rarely brig time in the case of repeat shitsters. Security is the stations shield, not it's sword. Tickets are also good for low nuisance crew members, or general hilarity if you're feeling creative.

My favourite thing about Sec has to be brigging abusive shitsec. Take their ID, weaponry and leave them to think about their shame in the cells for a bit, feels good man. Every shitsec that is off the station floor means more people having fun which is what Sec is all about, it's not anti-fun like a lot of people seem to think. If sec do a really good job, the rest of the station will have a whole lot more fun because they'll be alive and traitors won't be murdered on sight, even if they do get their gear confiscated (mug a sec officer to get it back - stun gloves and hand cuffs are amazing if you get surprise on someone.)

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
A fair chuck of the action happens near Medbay, and if you are trying to brig someone who's cuffed to either the main sec or the mini brig it's really likely you'll bump into someone who'll make you lose your grip on the suspect. I do like the layout of the communal cell and the solitary cell though, breakouts from the communal one are always fun.

The mini brig is underused in my opinion, it's good for action in engineering or if the main sec office is destroyed. It could do with having one of the sec vendors though for extra cuffs, the one pair in the locker isn't enough, or maybe even just a box of handcuffs.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
Shrek's a pretty cool sheep. Dunno if he's still alive though but man living in a mountain eating grass and shit. That's the life.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None that I can remember
YES!

This guy is, hands-down one of the greatest, if not the greatest sec player I have ever seen. Never had a bad moment with him and he's always fun to play with, both as an ally and as an enemy.

This man is the ideal Sec.
Just droppin' in to reiterate my 'yes'. Pooch is a good secdude what should get the beret.
Wait, Pooch isn't a HoS? What the fuck. YES.
Yes I've played sec with you multiple times and you have been great. You've stopped shit officers and you have saved my ass countless times.
I've seen The Pooch a few times as sec' or detective and I say he is definitely HoS material.

He is certainly robust enough and doesn't overreact in the least to minor shit...he just takes care of the situation and leaves it at that it seems. I have vague memories of breaking into the sec dept repeatedly one shift and being effectively removed by The Pooch without violence or consequence beyond tickets and face farting.

Also he is a funny/entertaining dude in general.

bonus: we seem to share finding overly angry people hilarious.

super duper ultra combo bonus: "Bobsedqws: posts 1"...*salute
Accepted, congrats!