Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentor purple text
A late night thought, more discussion than suggestion: Would it be the end of the world if mentor purple OOC text went back to blue? Even as the most pointless of cosmetic changes, being recognized as a mentor means showing off that you have been accepted by a council of your farty spaceman peers as knowing how to tell people how to speak on the synthetic channel. A badge of any distinction won't necessarily bring the wrong kind of people to mentoring, but they may be doing it for the wrong reason.

Perhaps make it a toggle for when a mentor wants to lay down a clarification in post/pre round OOC purple. "No, the law numbers mean nothing, they're just there so laws can easily reference each other. If they were hierarchical the escape clauses in laws 2 & 3 wouldn't need to exist." "No, X Y & Z are human, A B & C are non human. That distinction applies to synthetics only; if you're a human and you know that monkey is player controlled and not a changeling, don't be an asshole."
Okay so this is a strange thing to bring up.

Can you clarify why you think it should be changed a bit more? I'm not seeing the downside of having constant purple or the upside of having the ability to toggle text color.
Grayshift Wrote:That distinction applies to synthetics only; if you're a human and you know that monkey is player controlled and not a changeling, don't be an asshole."
Speaking of mentor clarifications, this is false as of this year
I like my purple text.
It'd be cool if you could toggle it at will but the purple should stay.
Ali0en Wrote:It'd be cool if you could toggle it at will but the purple should stay.

yeah keep the purple.
We went through the trouble of apping and being scrutinized by other players, so I'd say it'd be better to keep the purple text.
give mentors white text so I don't have to see them talking