Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telekinetic Melee Problems
I saw someone use telekinetics to dump a beaker onto someone else, except the first person was in the escape shuttle and the other one was in space outside of it. The first one also used stun gloves in the same way. This is almost definitely Not A Good Thing, since having TK and thermals or xray vision would let you kill people in one room from the next room over with no downside other than the message that shows up in chat when you do it.
MusicTheory Wrote:I saw someone use telekinetics to dump a beaker onto someone else, except the first person was in the escape shuttle and the other one was in space outside of it. The first one also used stun gloves in the same way. This is almost definitely Not A Good Thing, since having TK and thermals or xray vision would let you kill people in one room from the next room over with no downside other than the message that shows up in chat when you do it.

You haven't seen nothing till you see a Telekinetic Shambling Abomination.
You think that's bad, you apparently weren't around when traitors could use TK c-sabres on people just by using the cameras.
Once I was A Bad Wizard and hid in the listening post, using the security camera/clairvoyance to track people down, using my Hulk+TK buff, and beating them upside the head with the Staff of Cthulhu until their brain ran out their ears. Let genetecists have their broken fun with hard to get toys
Yeah TK has always been an OP shit fest but that is how it is. It's feature. Also it's hard to get TK.
This is pretty much the entire reason TK exists though. The camera thing was shitty and removed because of it, but no, this is how it's supposed to function, and why it's hard as balls to find it and give it to yourself, because A) if you find it in someone else you need to take somewhere from 20-30 minutes just to research injectors, assuming you have an endless budget and a partner working with you, and B) it's a fucking long shot that you'll get it in your own genes naturally at round start and you'll have to wait until you get the gene checker and most likely a partner to help you activate it. This is all assuming you don't get murdered or blown the fuck up in the meantime.

It's not easy to get and that's why it's so useful. TK is literally the hardest (positive) mutation to give yourself.
On that note, though, a REAL problem with TK melee is that you can't really use laser guns with TK, not without point=blanking. This is a problem when it comes to fighting mobs, because you can't point-blank them to begin with. So basically you're just hitting things with your gun.
"help, telekinesis is working exactly as intended!"

it is NOT an easy gene to get. at all. it's super OP and that's the point, because it's a super rare mutation.
It's a good thing telekinesis got nerfed as it did.